Thread: Poloncarz lobbies state for opioid treatment center funds

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Poloncarz lobbies state for opioid treatment center funds

Poloncarz lobbies state for opioid treatment center funds

If Broome County won't make immediate use of the money the state wants to provide for an Opioid Treatment Center, Erie County will.

The state offered $2.7 million to Broome County to help set up a drug crisis treatment center, which would offer inpatient treatment to those struggling with withdrawal, but the Broome County Legislature is delaying action on the offer until early next year.

Poloncarz responded Wednesday by sending a letter to Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Assembly and Senate leaders saying such a center would be welcomed in Erie County as a critical hub in "this scourge on our society."
    http://buffalonews.com/2017/12/07/po...ime=1512648358

The state offered $2.7 million to Broome County to help set up a drug crisis treatment center, which would offer inpatient treatment to those struggling with withdrawal, but the Broome County Legislature is delaying action on the offer until early next year.
    If the money was taken and used to build a location how much would be budgeted out of the 2.7 million to cover payroll? Once that budgeted amount is spent what would they do with an empty building?

The retard Poloncarz trying once again to set up a drug “treatment” center, the real goal of which is to keep addicts strung out by substituting one opioid for another. The string attached is that the addicted are then beholden to Democrats like a Poloncarz for their fix.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This is a real issue. I'm sort of in the middle of this one. My issue is our local "governments" (NOT ALL) tend to be incompetent. All it takes is 1 vote more that the other guy to be in charge. Then they pull their friends/supporters into various positions who themselves are sometimes not qualified for what they are doing. All at our expense. You are going to vote for the group that is handing you the free substitute fix. You won't care who is paying for it because you just need your fix. Sad though. Addiction is tough.

I think dr goosey should of handed out nickel bags and a free bong after five visits he would be in less trouble.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    I think dr goosey should of handed out nickel bags and a free bong after five visits he would be in less trouble.
    I think doctors get addicted to a constant revenue street and maximize their earning potential past what would be considered fair for what they are doing.Specially those dispensing something needed and addictive. I know malpractice insurance isn't cheap but there are a lot of McMansions, beamers, Mercedes, multiple homes, high end scaled office space.. Capitalism at it's finest but not when it's financed with other people's money.

WNY, I agree addiction is tough. I have family in other cities who have been brought back at the last second by first responders. But substituting a government sponsored fix doesn’t break the addiction cycle. The only way to do that is to stop using; that’s one of the reasons they call it “withdrawal”. I don’t believe AA advocates substituting one alcoholic beverage for another as a way of dealing with alcoholism. Yet this is exactly what retard Poloncarz advocates for opioid addiction as long as his Democratic cronies are the ones keeping addicts strung out.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Grump I agree.

What did I say?

My issue is our local "governments" (NOT ALL) tend to be incompetent. All it takes is 1 vote more that the other guy to be in charge. Then they pull their friends/supporters into various positions who themselves are sometimes not qualified for what they are doing.
    They mean well but don't have the correct answers.

WNY, I respectfully disagree. Many don’t mean well and are in fact selfish, venal and often downright malevolent. I question the motivations of anyone who wants to fight addiction by feeding the habits of the addicted.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Has anyone asked Mark or the supporters of this how does feeding the addiction with a different drug make a difference? I would say it's just changing the revenue stream from one drug pusher to another.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Mobile unit brings addiction treatment to where it's needed

An epidemic of overdoses and deaths from opioids has forced caregivers to rethink how to attack the problem of drug addiction.

That's why you might soon see a white, unmarked recreational vehicles parked by schools, hospitals, jails, bus stations, libraries or along a city street. One of the region's major behavioral health groups rolled out two of the mobile units Tuesday to bring addiction treatment to where it's needed.

The idea is simple: Drive a team that includes nurses, counselors and peer advocates to locations in Erie and Niagara counties, helping fill gaps in access to substance abuse counseling and addiction treatment.

The two vehicles operated by BestSelf Behavioral Health are designed as treatment centers for people addicted to opioids, including heroin and prescription painkillers. They look plain vanilla from the outside but, inside, they sport a downsized version of a medical office, with a waiting area, physical exam room, restroom and desk for paperwork. They will soon be outfitted with telemedicine capabilities, so a doctor elsewhere can review patients as they come in and, if appropriate, prescribe a medication to treat addiction.
    http://buffalonews.com/2018/01/23/mo...ime=1516753797

Just a observation/comment !
    Just before Obama left office he passed a law/rule that the ObamaCare contains a $30,000.00 addiction rider. So everyone who has insurance under that program is eligible for $30,000.00 worth of rehab coverage.

So what Mr.P wants to do is grab his share of that cash - what happens if Obamacare ends or gets changed ? Or are we building another revolving door system to feed the needs of our Government. Another group of "services" that will be subsidized with tax dollars and employe people dependent on those subsidies.

Just sayin - how does that end the drug problem ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

4248, it doesn’t help end the drug problem; that’s not the goal. It perpetuates the drug problem but transfers control of distribution from street vendors to agencies controlled by Democrats which helps ensure another steady stream of voters for the Dems. That’s the goal.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Deep down you really think that is what it is?

You don't think they really think they are doing a good thing by creating a controlled environment?

I'm assuming for each client they have this mobile unit will bill an insurance company?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Deep down you really think that is what it is?

You don't think they really think they are doing a good thing by creating a controlled environment?

I'm assuming for each client they have this mobile unit will bill an insurance company?
    It seems self-evident to me that you don’t solve the drug problem by perpetuating it through government distribution of the very drugs that are the problems. The only part of the environment that is “controlled” is the user population that is now under the control of Democratic operatives.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I think doctors get addicted to a constant revenue street and maximize their earning potential past what would be considered fair for what they are doing.Specially those dispensing something needed and addictive. I know malpractice insurance isn't cheap but there are a lot of McMansions, beamers, Mercedes, multiple homes, high end scaled office space.. Capitalism at it's finest but not when it's financed with other people's money.
    WNY, I understand your point but who decides what is “fair” compensation for a doctor? Bernie Sanders, Pocahontas Warren and the other totalitarians? A doctor can write you a prescription for a drug but he can’t make you take what he prescribes. That’s your choice. And addiction is not an illness; it’s the result of a life style choice. I’ve gone to bed healthy many times over the years and awakened sick as hell with the flu, a stomach virus and who knows what all else. But I’ve never gone to bed at night healthy and awakened the next morning addicted to opioids. I dare say no one has. How many opiod addicts got that way without ingesting opioids repeatedly over time? How many opiod addicts are going to recover if the retard Poloncarz keeps feeding them opioids under color of government?

Thread Information