Thread: Lancaster Village Crime Concerns

Lancaster Village Crime Concerns

A very troubling occurrence this evening.

My neighbor for over thirty years expressed some very understandable concern this evening when he related that his vehicle, while parked in his own driveway, was the target of an apparent break-in and burglary.

My neighbor's comments only reinforced my concerns stemming from a similar incident involving my own car, in my own garage, earlier this fall.

The streets running off of Central Avenue, south of Walden and North of the Erie overpass, have been recently beset by similar occurrences, including, I understand, a number of actual home invasions.

While I am reluctant to describe the above-referred situation as an alarming trend, it is creating a very troubling, anxiety-prone neighborhood environment . In fact, on "Nextdoor, Central Village" there were fifty (50) posts speaking to this ongoing problem between October 23 and November 19.

Does Mayor Schroeder monitor the "Nextdoor, Central Village" site?

Is Mayor Schroeder aware of the residents' concerns?

If so, what steps has the Mayor taken to address the issue?

Finally, what words does the Mayor have for his own neighbors, which would assuage their fears and concerns, other than "There is no parking on the north side of Laverack between Central and Sturm. Go park in front of someone else's house?"

Last edited by mark blazejewski; December 5th, 2017 at 07:28 PM.

That is concerning especially your situation with the car in the garage

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    That is concerning especially your situation with the car in the garage
    The dog barks at everything, especially during the day, so I do not always pay much mind to the barking. If it were at night, I would have checked immediately. That is what is very scary. Like my neighbor, my car was evidently ripped-off during the day.

Another report, impacting the 100 area of Erie Street, was posted in the last few minutes on "Nextdoor, Central Village." The poster reported "Lots of theft of outside items."

Hello, are any of the Village elitist leadership reading or listening?

Are these "all-the-rage" thefts part of an expanded Special Event: "The Village-Wide Rip-Off Walk?

No worries, us proletarian VOL residents will just have some "cake."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; December 6th, 2017 at 07:33 PM.

Mark, your story is troubling. Have the neighbors engaged the Mayor about this? Perhaps a visit to a board meeting is in order. Bring this troubling news to the forefront and engage the police department.

Stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Mark, your story is troubling. Have the neighbors engaged the Mayor about this? Perhaps a visit to a board meeting is in order. Bring this troubling news to the forefront and engage the police department.

Stay safe!
    Some neighbors approached me. I took it upon myself to make our concerns known on social media. Although entirely inadequate, I think it is a prudent first step.

In that connection, I urge the VOL elected officials, and the appropriate town officials, to take note of these postings.

Moreover, I remind those officials, that with the holidays rapidly approaching, many residents will entertain guests and family, and their cars, parked and unguarded on streets and in driveways, are vulnerable to such criminl behavior.

Furthermore, I would remind the same governmental actors, that this situation risks the reduction of the positive perceptions of their valued "Christmasville."

Something Shortstuff, must be done to correct this troubling situation.

Thanx for your concern Shortstuff.

Thread Information