Thread: Andrew Cuomo doesn't like the competition!!!!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Andrew Cuomo doesn't like the competition!!!!!

Gov. Andrew Cuomo: GOP tax bill would 'rape and pillage' New York

Cuomo said the GOP tax bill would "rape and pillage" districts across the state, and urged New York's Republican House members to "resign" in protest.

ALBANY - Gov. Andrew Cuomo suggested the Republican tax plan would "rape and pillage" New York congressional districts, drawing a rebuke from GOP House members he's frequently clashed with.

Cuomo, a Democrat, made the comment on a conference call last week with editorial page editors from newspapers across the state.

During the 47-minute call Wednesday, Cuomo repeatedly urged New York's Republican House members to resign in protest over the plan, which would repeal state and local tax deductions used by millions of New York residents.

He likened the plan's impact to "rape and pillage."

"Let (Rep.) Lee (Zeldin) say ‘I’ll resign,’" Cuomo said. "Let (Rep. Peter) King say ‘I’ll resign.’ Let (Rep. John) Faso say ‘I’ll resign. I didn’t come down to Congress to rape and pillage the people of my district.’"

Cuomo for weeks has railed against Republican efforts to reshape the federal tax code.

His criticism has largely focused on the push to repeal the state and local tax deductions, which would prevent New York residents who itemize from writing off property tax and state income tax on their federal returns.
    http://www.wgrz.com/article/news/gov...york/497018875

During the 47-minute call Wednesday, Cuomo repeatedly urged New York's Republican House members to resign in protest over the plan, which would repeal state and local tax deductions used by millions of New York residents.

He likened the plan's impact to "rape and pillage."

"Let (Rep.) Lee (Zeldin) say ‘I’ll resign,’" Cuomo said. "Let (Rep. Peter) King say ‘I’ll resign.’ Let (Rep. John) Faso say ‘I’ll resign. I didn’t come down to Congress to rape and pillage the people of my district.’"
    That is the most ironic statement Gov. Cuomo could make.

I think it's time for New York residents to pay their fair share of Federal taxes! Liberals like people paying their fair share...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I can't believe of all people he would say something like. The political party he belongs to wrote the book on raping/pillaging the net tax payers.

So instead of admiiting that NYS taxes are too high and should be reduced he's upset because some of the deductions of those taxes from your federal taxable income are going away. Typical clueless politician
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

He and his fellow Party Players (Dem officials) are afraid with the reductions in federal aid - local tax payers might start asking why NYS taxes/property taxes are so high ???

What do we really get for our tax dollars - when most of local and state taxes go for tax funded employees and appointed/elected officials. Tax funded pensions, benefits - all the nepotism/patronage and unneeded tax supported non-profits.

But for the most part NYS gets what it voted for - so shut up and write the check !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    He and his fellow Party Players (Dem officials) are afraid with the reductions in federal aid - local tax payers might start asking why NYS taxes/property taxes are so high ???

What do we really get for our tax dollars - when most of local and state taxes go for tax funded employees and appointed/elected officials. Tax funded pensions, benefits - all the nepotism/patronage and unneeded tax supported non-profits.

But for the most part NYS gets what it voted for - so shut up and write the check !

This is exactly why Trump went after the SALT deductions. It's going to hit Blue states HARD and now states like NY and NJ are going to have to sell the idea of not paying their fair share to the Federal government.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Cuomo and a few others are spreading rumors that we are being taxed twice on money without the salt deductions.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Andrew Cuomo: Every New Yorker will be hurt by GOP tax overhaul

Republicans in Congress said they were going to pass tax relief for the middle class, but they did the exact opposite. The GOP tax plan is a tax cut for corporations and the rich. While the topic is complicated, here is the inarguable fact: 50 percent of the tax cut goes to the wealthiest one percent of Americans. And it is paid for on the backs of New York’s working- and middle-class families.

This bill is the ultimate fraud, and it will deliver a death blow to the economy in Western New York and across the state.

The plan is funded largely by eliminating or capping deductions of state and local taxes. It will hurt New York more than any other state: three million New Yorkers – including nearly 20 percent of taxpayers in Western New York – will pay $16 billion more in taxes. The plan essentially uses New York to pay for the tax cut in other states. Twelve states are hit the hardest by eliminating state and local deductions, and they are all Democratic states.
    http://buffalonews.com/2017/12/10/an...ime=1513006431

What really hurt every New Yorker (the net tax payers) are the people who support Cuomo and his tax/spend policies. Many of these people are on our local town boards.

Thread Information