Thread: County DA Used $3.3 Million In Asset Forfeiture To Fund Major Public Employee bonuses

County DA Used $3.3 Million In Asset Forfeiture To Fund Major Public Employee bonuses

Now, new revelations from the Suffolk County District Attorney's office illustrate precisely why asset forfeitures, and all the inherent conflicts of interest therein, are suddenly becoming a hot topic of debate all across the country. According to records obtained by Newsday from Suffolk County Comptroller John Kennedy, former DA Thomas Spota doled out a staggering $3.25 million - $550,000 more than originally reported - in "bonuses" to public prosecutors, from a pool of seized assets, without a single legislative approval.

Here's the kicker - With Cuomo's blessing - his Dem buddy will now walk with a full tax funded pension instead of a indictment.:

"Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota, who was indicted on charges that he helped cover up the beating of a handcuffed prisoner by a police chief, says he will step down from his post.

“I will be leaving my post as district attorney at the earliest opportunity after the resolution of normal administrative matters relating to my retirement,” Spota said in a statement released by his office Thursday. “The governor will be notified of my decision today. The Chief Assistant District Attorney, Emily Constant, will thereafter assume my duties and responsibilities.”

He said he has notified Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo of his decision.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...=node%2F608036
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That is so wrong it isn't funny.

Thread Information