Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Parking signs?????

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Wow That car at 4:25 was the first car parked on Ronald. Later on the street was full on both sides.
    I wasn't parked on the street though. My spot is classified

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    I wasn't parked on the street though. My spot is classified
    Top secret

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    You make my point for me Gorja.

Without reference to the parking policies of the town, the village's priorities in that regard seem twisted.

Throughout the year, parking is limited, the residents and transiting public are inconvenienced, and one of the primary goals, the fostering a climate supportive of the local business owners, is actually obscured by the smoke of the confusion created by these "Special Events."

But, who am I to say what is good for the village?

My problem resides with the VOL's public recognition of priorities concerning the safety of it citizens; an exposed, rather bizarre duality, suggesting a double standard of service, applied in favor of recreation, to the exclusion of human need.

Three years ago, my street was beset by groupings of state-subsidized renters, with apparently a variety of behavioral issues, that were disruptive and outwardly threatening to the neighborhood's safety.

More specifically, Hospice staff attending my dying mother expressed such concern, and advised that Hospice was close to withdrawing home service. (Hospice policy prohibited staff from parking in residential driveways, and as such, were necessarily confined to on-street parking.)

On several occasions, the nursing staff, as well as the doctor, were forced to walk a significant distance to my home. These medical people were harassed by the "residents" in question, and, given the fact that these professionals carried with them highly controlled drugs, Hospice wanted a parking space reserved directly in front of my home to prevent problems.

The VOL Board REFUSED that request: ONE PARKING SPACE, in front of my PRIVATE RESIDENCE, for approximately a two-month period, in the interests of preserving human life, REFUSED. That was not bulls***t, that was beyond governing arrogance, that exceeded the limits of leadership and social privilege, that was an exercise in evil.

Ergo, my disgust with the VOL government.

I thought that the government's first priority was to protect the safety and well-being of its citizens, not to function as the corporate structure of a theme park.
    I hope His Majesty The Mayor reads the following article in today's "The Bee." It is kind of relevant to my post of Sunday:

2017-11-30 / Letters to the Editor

Many supported by WNY hospice organizations

All over the United States, every year, nearly 1.4 million people faced with advanced and life-limiting illnesses and their families are being supported by hospice and palliative care organizations.

In Western New York, patients and families can count on five skilled organizations that are standing ready to provide help and outstanding care. Last year, collectively, our organizations served more than 6,100 families in Orleans, Niagara, Erie, Genesee, Wyoming, Allegany, Cattaraugus and Chautauqua counties.

Our teams of dedicated, highly skilled and compassionate staff work alongside volunteers and caregivers through a collaborative, holistic model of care. Our physicians, registered nurses, home health aides and other members of our clinical teams work together with our patients and families to develop a customized plan of care that helps to ensure that pain and symptoms are well managed and that emotional, spiritual and relationship needs are addressed.

Ensuring that a person is in control of their journey is key to providing excellent quality of care during a time when facing a serious illness or the end of life. To accomplish this personalized support, each of our organizations provides individualized care that is tailored to meet the goals and desires of the patient and his/her family. Services may be offered at home, in a hospice residence, assisted living, skilled nursing facility or an in-patient unit.

We encourage you to learn more about hospice and palliative care services in your community. You may find the comfort, peace and help you are looking for if you or a family member is faced with a serious or life-limiting illness. You may also find a place to share your time and talents or to make a financial gift that impacts hundreds of your neighbors every day.

Hospice and palliative care is about living — living each day to its fullest and spending time creating a journey that is uniquely yours.

Hospice officials
    Five WNY organizations

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information