Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see what happens this time - gun control

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    Probably stems from the toy sharing thing as a youngster.

If only they were armed, they could have prevented the whole "sharing" thing...

Quote Originally Posted by run4it View Post
    Guns have one purpose: to destroy.
    Repeating an inane statement doesn't make it any less inane.

We have repeatedly shown you the errors of your logic, but like a brain dead zombie you keep repeating a mantra that has no rationale basis.

HisSon was right - we have tried to have an intelligent discussion with you but you just want to regurgitate child-like phrases to justify your irrational fear of firearms.

Go get a gun if you need to compensate for something else.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Stevenco is correct

He should not own a gun.

Guns aren't for everyone. If you don't want one, don't buy on. If your logic flows along stevenco's, next time a thief comes by, whip out your dong and see just how scared he gets, no matter what the size may indicate - it wont work.

Pull out a snub nosed, 1/2" long barreled 38 revolver and I bet you gain immediate respect.

Unless of course the thief is gay, then go hang out with Stevey and friends.

#Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

run4it

Do you know what this means?

Ready to the right

Ready to the left

Ready on the firing line

The second amendment is for a reason.

The above also pertains to guns. It does NOT destroy anything.

900 pistol match - run4it

How about this?

Plinking range - run4it

??????

Camp Perry

run4it?????

Besides having the right to own guns, can you follow another reason people have guns?

Don't knock it until you try it.

The joys of drilling watermellon with an AK or 5.56,,....welll,, I have seen many afraid, or against ,,, light a few things up then you just can't stop them..
    they get all excited, eyes like pie plates, drooling, shaky.

I mean I have had to pry the weapon out of a self proclaimed pacifists/anti gun hands.......

People just want the right to be able to shoot things...

I was very popular in college

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Repeating an inane statement doesn't make it any less inane.
    It's not inane. It's true. And you can't display otherwise. Just because you can't get around and argument (or fact in this case) doesn't mean it's inane.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Resident View Post
    run4it?????

Besides having the right to own guns, can you follow another reason people have guns?
    I'm guessing most gun owners don't keep them solely for the arbitrary purpose of exercising a right. I'm guessing it has to do with hunting, the challenge of target shooting, the feeling of personal protection, etc.

But what does that have to do with anything?
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    Oh wait, were you using common sense here?
    Some people just have to take things away from others. It makes them feel superior. Probably stems from the toy sharing thing as a youngster.
    Do we need to go back and see where you applauded some representative who introduced a bill REQUIRING everyone to own a weapon?
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Resident View Post
    Do you know what this means?

Ready to the right

Ready to the left

Ready on the firing line

The second amendment is for a reason.

The above also pertains to guns. It does NOT destroy anything.
    Sorry, the pretty poetry doesn't mean a whole lot to me. I doubt I'd be impressed by the explanation either. But you are right that pretty poetry doesn't destroy anything. Nor is poetry created with the purpose of destroying anything. The same cannot be said about firearms.

The reason for the second amendment was so that everyone (well, all males) could immediately join the army in the case of foreign invasions.

That being said, it is what it is, so we still have the right to keep arms.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    And seeing a drunk can get behind the wheel of a car wouldn't you say it would be wise to limit the speed to twice the speed of walking? This way no one could ever be hurt? Just to be safe you know.
    You're being silly. The point is, the purpose of an automobile is to provide transportation. The purpose of a gun (Or any other weapon) is to kill/maim your target. Killing is preferred. It's why cops and soldiers are taught "shoot to kill" not "shoot to wound".

You shoot at targets to learn how your rifle fires and to practice practice practice. WHY? Because one day someone might want your stuff, or is crazy, or is just a sick evil person, or gangs take over (we see how well law enforcement is containing that) or maybe the commies might land on the shores of Lake Erie. What are you going to do? Negotiate?
    And one day a nuclear weapon might drop on us. Fear. If you live in that much fear, you are a sad person really.

But, you proved my point: Guns (And any other weapon) is designed to kill/maim your target. Cars are designed to provide transportation.

Well of course you do. Lets say you have a muzzle loader and wound your game. Why make them suffer when you can while your busy reloading your muzzle loader? With an AR you can pop off another well place round plus I believe a good AR if more accurate than a muzzle loader.
    Seems back in the day when muzzle loaders where the ONLY choice, they seemed to hunt for food daily. Worked rather well for them.

A good marksman kills their target. No matter the weapon of choice.

End result: The gun is a weapon. Weapons are designed for one purpose: To kill or maim.

A refresher

WHY? Because one day someone might want your stuff, or is crazy, or is just a sick evil person, or gangs take over (we see how well law enforcement is containing that) or maybe the commies might land on the shores of Lake Erie. What are you going to do? Negotiate?
    Again, being silly at best. Fearful to the point of debilitation at worst.
    If you wanna be laughed at go right ahead
    Rapier Now that was funny.
    It's as funny as those who think they should freely be able to walk the streets with a hand cannon strapped to their hip.

Rapiers (Or swords for that matter) - A weapon for a more civilized era.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    He should not own a gun.

Guns aren't for everyone. If you don't want one, don't buy on. If your logic flows along stevenco's, next time a thief comes by, whip out your dong and see just how scared he gets, no matter what the size may indicate - it wont work.

Pull out a snub nosed, 1/2" long barreled 38 revolver and I bet you gain immediate respect.

Unless of course the thief is gay, then go hang out with Stevey and friends.

Thanks for the encouragement. I don't want one, nor do I have one. Last time I encountered a burglar (admittedly not in my own house) the sand wedge did quite nicely (wouldn't want to ding my pitching wedge, and I can usually avoid the traps).

I didn't inquire as to his sexual orientation though, nor did I pay attention to the rainbow ascot around his neck...
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information