Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Town Council Elections: IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Mr. Dickman's post-election comments to "The Bee:"

I LIKE THIS COMMENT VERY MUCH:

THIS COMMENT IS EVEN BETTER, HOPEFULLY A FUTURE VOICE IN OPPOSITION TO "COLEMANISM:"
    How do you know Dickman's statements weren't just a fabrication like his mailer?
    I have a problem trusting anything a person who condoned the exaggerated **** and bull story that they put out.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    How do you know Dickman's statements weren't just a fabrication like his mailer?
    I have a problem trusting anything a person who condoned the exaggerated **** and bull story that they put out.
    Gorja, most valued friend:

THIS COMMENT IS EVEN BETTER, HOPEFULLY A FUTURE VOICE IN OPPOSITION TO "COLEMANISM:"

Gorja, most valued friend:
    But, now that you mention your concerns, I will share one of mine.

I am somewhat uncomfortable with these words, highlighted in red:

If [Leary] doesn’t pull it off, I know there are still the absentees and things like that, I might have a small challenge being the only Republican on the board. I feel that I can work with everybody that’s on there. I can work with them as long as they’re willing to work with me.
    I think he may have used better word choices to make the point that he will be a strong, but civil, voice of dissent for the under-represented. However, those words, taken at face value, do give me some concern that he may be willing to fall into the Coleman orbit, if he is treated the "right way."

If true, that is exactly what we don't need. Such an approach by Councilman Dickman would only further strengthen the Coleman hand. Enthusiastically working toward the collective good is one thing; coerced cooperation and/or deal making to assuage the ego of a despot is another.

We need a strong voice to call her out.

But, I will be the optimist for now, and I am confident Dickman will be that strong civil voice of dissent, but, that is why I intentionally used the word "HOPEFULLY."
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 13th, 2017 at 07:10 PM.

Q
    uote Originally Posted by Wehner

Does councilman elect Dickman support congresman Collins vote for taxbreaks for the RICH..

WTF is this all about?

Does Dickman support the House Tax Reform bill? Give me a freakin' break!

Does Coleman support President Trump's ISIS policy? What about Al Franken? Does she feel that Bill Clinton should be neutered?

Does Gaczewski support the Trump policy toward North Korea? She should, given her familiarity with the issues of hungry people.

Does Walter support the DOJ's handling of the Uranium One deal? In a way, it is kind of like a bigger Dawson Field controversy.

I did not realize that our local candidates have been, and are currently required to have a national economic policy and views on foreign affairs.

If that is true historically, could someone please amplify on the Artel Metz position on Quemoy and Matsu, the Bay of Pigs, the Six Day War, the Pueblo, and SALT I?

What was the Keysa position on KAL 007 shoot down?

Locally, the left is becoming unhinged, unwrapped, and just plain scooters.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 18th, 2017 at 10:22 PM.

YES, Ruffino is in for another 4 years

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    YES, Ruffino is in for another 4 years
    Congratulations Gorja!

Congratulations Gorja!
    No, it's Congratulations to Ruffino for the reward for all his hard work

We each have one that won, Mark.
    One honest; one who dicks around with the truth

Georgia L Schlager

From the Lancaster Dem Facebook page
    Greetings,

I have just received word that I have been re-elected for another four year term as a Lancaster Town Councilman. I am extremely proud to say that I ran a hard, but clean, positive campaign for the good of our community. My profound love for my family, friends and music is what kept me going and, as I stated from the beginning, I'd rather lose with dignity and integrity than win being deceitful.

My campaign team was small, but powerful, which consisted of my immediate family members and a few close friends, Terry McCracken, Kris McCracken and Ron Giza. I would like to thank them for all of their help, guidance and dedication as I share this success with them as well.

During this effort I visited nearly 6,500 homes and I would like to thank all of those people that believed, supported and voted for me. It will be with my sincerest effort to work collaboratively with my counterparts to continue to bring forth positive, responsible and effective management to our town for today and our future generations.

Warm regards,
    Councilman Ronald Ruffino, Sr.
    Made some valid points regarding integrity in his campaign.

Georgia L Schlager

Congratulations Ruffino and Dickman.

Here’s hoping your commitment(s) will be first and foremost to best serve the interests of the community – not the best interest of party hacks, developers, and by the use of patronage paybacks to supporters unqualified for town positions.

During your campaign you both advocated for fiscal responsibility. Hopefully through your efforts we will see a more fiscally responsible 2019 budget. Ruffino's 2018 budget 'no' vote and reasons given for his stated 'no' vote gave hope of that happening next year.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information