Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Town Council Elections: IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    As expected Breezy, all venom and no substance.

Your take on the contribution to the community of Supervisor Coleman is commendable and deserving. However, that over-affable deportment has a dark side as well. She may not seek public acknowledgement but plays a heavy role in the Lancaster Democratic Party and supported but Abraham in the election for council.

Her hold on power may be waning as her heir apparent lost. And should Ruffino lose as well it was because residents have had enough of the tax and spend Democrats – and how unfortunate that would be because Ruffino was the only one to vote against the proposed budget because of its excessive spending and down the road consequences as town growth diminishes/disappears and as the debt service continues to increase.

Thanks to your spiteful rhetoric a number of people who had intended to vote for Ruffino did not. You live in the past by constantly bringing up the Fudoli/Brainard campaign as a fiasco. At the same time you fail to mention that two years ago the Democratic Party was in such disarray and void of viable candidates that they had to endorse an aged career politician for Supervisor and a supposed Conservative and blank for council positions.

Ruffino and Leary were my voting choices. I would rather that Ruffino would be elected. If he stays committed to his current governing policies he will be running for Supervisor in 2019. What a kick in the ass that would be to Coleman and the party. With Abraham gone will she now favor Walter as her new heir apparent, or try to smooze Ruffino to turn for the good of the Democratic Party?

If Leary wins not only will Coleman and you have egg on your faces for this election, but it will be extremely interesting to see who will do battle in 2019.

Keep up the good work Breezy, you make life interesting. You are the Democratic Party's albatross.

With friends like you on their side who needs enemies?
    How was my reply "all venom and no substance" like you say far too much against my comments ??? It was a funny quip and the Fudoli/Brainard thing was very substantive in more ways than I could possibly count. No biggie, but "Reply hazy try again" Lee Chowaniec!

Adam Dickman's big win was not one iota due to Johanna Coleman; Councilman-elect Dickman won due to good old-fashioned last minute political hits that resonated, and for which the Dems could not reply in the mail, or by flooding the streets with troops the night before the election to reply (which, by the way, is something they would have done years ago and succeed). And, since I have never even met Supervisor Coleman, or for that matter Mr. Walter nor Dawn G., I can't get into their heads like you say you can to know what they are doing. You all give me far too much for those kinds of things, anyway.

And if you go back and read my posts the past month or so, 95% of them were critical of the County legislator campaign of the incumbent's side, especially once the inflammatory mailers started to hit. I thought Adam Dickman's chances waned once gorja threw her support behind Mr. Abraham. And you said yourself the tax issue was something of a weak spot for the Dems anyway. So those last minute shots from the GOP worked I would think, and Ms. Coleman's name was not mentioned once from what I saw.

Since they are all politicians at the end of the day, what's stopping Ms. Coleman and Mr. Ruffino from teaming up and becoming "new best friends" in 2018 or beyond ???

shortstuff's reply was waaaay over the top, like a Chris Grant mailer, and it needed such a reply from the opposition.

No venom implied.

You live in the past by constantly bringing up the Fudoli/Brainard campaign as a fiasco.
    Dude it was only 2 years ago for crying out loud, Mr. Dickman was a part of it, and what's left of the Fudoli/Brainard team was running his campaign!

How could that not be an issue?

And your finger-pointing blame psycho-babble malarkey is far too transparent and laughable.

Just ask Ted.

Since they are all politicians at the end of the day, what's stopping Ms. Coleman and Mr. Ruffino from teaming up and becoming "new best friends" in 2018 or beyond ???
    I do not believe it, but I agree. I think that is one, of two, very strong possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    If your assessment saying anything, it's your first salvo for 2019 unrightfully hitting a very successful supervisor and a woman who pretty much turned Lancaster from the butt of jokes and a laughing stock under the "wild and crazy guy" type of local government previously running the Town. Maybe you're still sore for the loss in 2015. Come on now, shortstuff, you can't actually believe anyone outside Lee's Ship of Fools (less gorja of course) would take that seriously. You're far on the outside like any one of us but you are acting like you know what you are talking about. "Reply flat out wrong try again."

Isn't Johanna Coleman widely credited for restoring a sense of civility to the Town government ??? Even the Buffalo News reported that. "That political maneuver was noticed by residents/general public." Are you kidding me ??? "That political maneuver." Keep your day job shortstuff, I don't see CNN or FOX News calling you anytime soon for your sage political analysis.

"To her own fault, the election outcome is a reflection of her as a leader as Supervisor. That is pretty basic." That statement is pretty screwed up on its own, but when you consider that the woman's name was not even mentioned once in all the mailings and whatnot - think of all the racially inflammatory and dog whistle garbage out there and the mail from the local GOP and Ms. Coleman was never mentioned one time and you blame the outcome on her ???? Bold faced political set-up if you ask me.

Please!

Yours is just a back-handed cheap shot that, yes, "does not mean much."

Good afternoon Breezy,

I was feeling left out of the bully style tactics you have used on those who do not mirror your narrative. Here is how I see things, Coleman aside from politics probably is a nice person. My heart goes out to her with the loss of her nephew and her husband. That will always stay present for her as she will never be the same person from those losses. Nor would anyone under those circumstances. that being said, her governing style has been apparent and viewed by many folks for many years as the Town Clerk & the Town Supervisor. Please note, as a person who owns property in Lancaster, which is a small enough town, word does get around and people simply know everyone. Her sweetness is one to behold. At the meetings, folks sleep or don't even come, rubber stamp polices and lack of debates is pretty commonplace the last two years. It's what happens behind the scenes, and let me tell you-it isn't pretty.

So here is what I am hearing on the beat, Abraham will still be Coleman's Deputy Supervisor, if Leary takes the seat with Dickman, we heard that Johanna will step down and bam-Abraham will come in until a special election occurs as he runs under the "incumbent" as Supervisor. Sounds far out right? Well actually it is not.....it ain't over yet folks.

Oh last word, Breezy you know all the players..that continued pretend I never met these folks mantra does not wash on Speakup....have a beautiful day

shortstuff, I see you toned it down a bit, but go back and read your comment; your words may sound mild but when you read between the lines were much more "bully style tactics" than what I wrote. That one goes nowhere I would think. And I only responded to the first 2 or 3 sentences. I could have had a field day with the rest.

Go back and read what you wrote. It was conniving at the very least. LOL

For someone who wants all these Dems out you sure seem to know a lot of what they are thinking.

"Oh last word, Breezy" - I guess... "Signs point to yes. Try again!"

"Concentrate and ask again."

The last returns that I saw from the 8th Legislative District on election night showed a widening Bruso lead, 53%-47%, with "The Snews" calling it for Bruso.

I just checked the BOE website, and I was rather stunned. Not to say this actually changes things, but this is the latest tally:

Office LEGISLATOR 8TH DISTRICT
    PARTY 73 Districts out of 73 Reporting (100)% Votes Percent
    D BRUSO, JOHN 8,875 45%
    G BRUSO, JOHN 250 1%
    W BRUSO, JOHN 872 4%
    WEP BRUSO, JOHN 199 1%
    BRUSO, JOHN Totals 10,196 51%
    R MORTON, TED B 7,009 35%
    C MORTON, TED B 2,176 11%
    I MORTON, TED B 503 3%
    REF MORTON, TED B 55 0%
    MORTON, TED B Totals 9,743 49%
    Office Totals 19,939 100%
    TURN-OUT 34%

I would think that there are far more 453 absentee ballots out. I am not so sure that this thing is quite over.

Breezy
    How was my reply "all venom and no substance" like you say far too much against my comments ??? It was a funny quip and the Fudoli/Brainard thing was very substantive in more ways than I could possibly count. No biggie, but "Reply hazy try again" Lee Chowaniec!
    Breezy, you really crack me up. The Fudoli/Brainard election was two years ago. You have to bring it up over and over again because your ‘modus operandi’ is to attack/diminish/smear individuals through guilt by association – doing it all anonymously and portending to being only ‘a regular resident, never meeting or knowing many politicos.

Adam Dickman's big win was not one iota due to Johanna Coleman; Councilman-elect Dickman won due to good old-fashioned last minute political hits that resonated, and for which the Dems could not reply in the mail, or by flooding the streets with troops the night before the election to reply (which, by the way, is something they would have done years ago and succeed). And, since I have never even met Supervisor Coleman, or for that matter Mr. Walter nor Dawn G., I can't get into their heads like you say you can to know what they are doing. You all give me far too much for those kinds of things, anyway.
    Wait a second, you just stated you never met Coleman, Walter or Dawn G. but seem to have the knowledge to know of their involvement. Do you attend Lancaster Town Board meetings, Village of Lancaster board meetings? How do you know Dickman was out banging the drum at the 11th hour?

And if you go back and read my posts the past month or so, 95% of them were critical of the County legislator campaign of the incumbent's side, especially once the inflammatory mailers started to hit. I thought Adam Dickman's chances waned once gorja threw her support behind Mr. Abraham. And you said yourself the tax issue was something of a weak spot for the Dems anyway. So those last minute shots from the GOP worked I would think, and Ms. Coleman's name was not mentioned once from what I saw.
    I never took any position on the County Legislator race so I won’t go there.

As to Gorja supporting Abraham, are you sure about that especially when she voted? Early on Gorja was a Leary supporter until the misleading mailers came in from the Republican side.

Like me, Gorja splits her vote, voting for who she believes is the most qualified candidate; and beside her being a registered Democrat.

Wasn’t there a robo-call made by Coleman made in support of Abraham only? Come on Breezy, the Dems threw Ruffino under the bus. Ruffino proved himself to be the real fiscal conservative in this campaign and should have been endorsed by the Conservative Party. Had that happened he would have kicked some serious ass and not have been in the position he is now.

As to this year’s tax and spend budget, it should have been more of a campaign focus. And Breezy, under Fudoli for four consecutive years a budget was proposed that lowered taxes. The one year it was increased by the four sitting Dems and Fudoli voted ‘no’. That part you fail to mention.

Anything is possible in the dirty game of politics. But if Ruffino sold out just to assure getting the Democratic endorsement for Supervisor in 2020, that would both surprise and disgust not only me but a lot of the base that supported him during the campaign or voted for him.

shortstuff's reply was waaaay over the top, like a Chris Grant mailer, and it needed such a reply from the opposition.
    She is entitled to her voice and opinion. But then again, in today's world if someone's opinion is counter to a person on the left's they are mocked and identified as being stupid.

No venom implied.
    Horse****!

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    As to Gorja supporting Abraham, are you sure about that especially when she voted? Early on Gorja was a Leary supporter until the misleading mailers came in from the Republican side.
    Not only the mailer and robocall, it was Leary's disinterest in the budget until October 29th, thirteen days after the public hearing. WTF

Georgia L Schlager

Horse****!
    Lee: "My sources say no. Ask again later."

Dude, that rant was all over the place.

LOL

When I saw gorja replace her 'avatar' to include Mr. Abraham, I just assumed she was throwing her support his way...

"Signs point to yes."

Sure shortstuff has every right to chime in, as do I when she is completely off her rocker!

"It is decidedly so."

I did not see anyone throw anyone under any bus, but I did see people go in their own direction, which is not uncommon from what I've seen in politics over the years, and sure they could become close and work together in the future, including Mr. Dickman. Look on the bright side for once, Lee. Heck, maybe you can even try to encourage it!

Maybe for once you can see the glass half full, as opposed to half empty.

I don't believe I said anything implying you were helping Ted Morton; I only was pointing out that if I had any 'plan' this election cycle on SPEAKUP WNY, it was to help see a change in this important position and especially after those awful mailers hit, that this race constituted most of my writing. That's all. Heck, I'm glad you didn't help Ted's campaign, maybe it's your own realization that your efforts of late have hurt most of your candidate's chances these past few election cycles...

"You may rely on it."

in today's world if someone's opinion is counter to a person on the left's they are mocked and identified as being stupid.
    Well, I have to say my politics are decidedly middle of the road!

Just saying.

One just needs to read Lee Chowaniec's comments incessantly attacking people who he opposes on "Had enough yet" in the Lancaster thread.

Or, readers, here's Mr. Chowaniec's reply to the first comment of a reader here https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...-resigns/page5

Hey newbie, I am trying to figure out whether you are a staunch prototype “Breezy’ Democrat, a disgruntled Republican who was and is pissed off regarding the recent Republican Party Chair election and being vindictive, or just a moron.

Speaking of corrupt and unethical, if you look up the meaning of the words in the dictionary you will find pictures of Hillary, Cuomo and De Blasio.
    Always keeping it classy, Lee, LOL!

More like "Do as I say, not as I do."

"Without a doubt."

Hey newbie, I am trying to figure out whether you are ... just a moron.
    Is it any wonder people may want to join up but are hesitant because they might support the 'wrong' people or the 'wrong' political ideology ???

Lee: "My sources say no. Ask again later."

Dude, that rant was all over the place.

LOL

When I saw gorja replace her 'avatar' to include Mr. Abraham, I just assumed she was throwing her support his way...

"Signs point to yes."

Sure shortstuff has every right to chime in, as do I when she is completely off her rocker!

"It is decidedly so."

I did not see anyone throw anyone under any bus, but I did see people go in their own direction, which is not uncommon from what I've seen in politics over the years, and sure they could become close and work together in the future, including Mr. Dickman. Look on the bright side for once, Lee. Heck, maybe you can even try to encourage it!

Maybe for once you can see the glass half full, as opposed to half empty.

I don't believe I said anything implying you were helping Ted Morton; I only was pointing out that if I had any 'plan' this election cycle on SPEAKUP WNY, it was to help see a change in this important position and especially after those awful mailers hit, that this race constituted most of my writing. That's all. Heck, I'm glad you didn't help Ted's campaign, maybe it's your own realization that your efforts of late have hurt most of your candidate's chances these past few election cycles...

"You may rely on it."
    On the one hand you say you don’t know too many politicos and on the other claim to have sources. Interesting!

I am happy that you found my rant amusing. I guess so much so that once again you refrained from answering any questions in the rant – your style in avoiding debate. You detract as usual and move on to addressing Gorja, Shortstuff (condescendingly), Morton, and Dickman topics.

As to your paragraph: I did not see anyone throw anyone under any bus, but I did see people go in their own direction, which is not uncommon from what I've seen in politics over the years, and sure they could become close and work together in the future, including Mr. Dickman. Look on the bright side for once, Lee. Heck, maybe you can even try to encourage it!

What world do you live? Your sources, Coleman did not throw Ruffino under the bus, and I should look on the bright side and encourage bipartisanship. Now that is funny coming from you. Are you suffering with a multiple personality disorder? Which Breezy wrote that paragraph?

Schuss, listen and you will hear Hillary beckoning you.

I guess I am one of those people who follow local government, yet, I don't personally know a lot of the players.

That's not such a surprise in this modern era with online forums such as this one.

Even commenters have sources, as I have said many times: My neighbor is involved and is a Dem committeeman.

I thought I did reply to your questions, Lee.

Ask again if you need more info.

"Concentrate and ask again."
    Hey "Breezy," is this one of your all-knowing sources? Look at the video. Go to :29 into the video. Your wording is identical to the "sources."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSaS17CSS4c

That figures "Breezy." Ages eight and up, just your speed.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 11th, 2017 at 12:55 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information