Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warren v. Meegan, et al - Open Meetings and Public Information Proceeding

Warren v. Meegan, et al - Open Meetings and Public Information Proceeding

On October 16, 2017 I commenced this proceeding to compel the Town and its Officers to comply with various provisions of law relating to the Open Meetings Law and Public information Laws:

Warren -v- Meegan, Town of West Seneca, and Town Board of West Seneca by Daniel T. Warren on Scribd

“We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

WSFirst
    Good luck!

I just don't understand 30 (d) regarding the Bee

DT, in layman's terms what financial report is required to be posted on the town website?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

103 e explained: https://www.dos.ny.gov/coog/RecordsD...tMeetings.html

Key part of the code is:

The phrase quoted twice in section 103(e), “to the extent practicable as determined by the agency”, is intended to ensure that the amendment is implemented reasonably and without undue burden or cost to an agency. Many units of government are small and lack information technology resources or the knowledge or expertise to implement the new provision. If that is so, and they do not have the ability to give effect to the amendment with reasonable effort, they are not required to do so. In recognition of fiscal realities, the new provision specifies that an agency “may, but shall not be required to, expend additional moneys to implement the provisions of this subdivision.”
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

So your request is not in order, the town does not need to provide all material as you claimed in part c of your complaint.

As to part f of your complaint:

7. To the extent practicable, each municipal corporation shall make accessible to the public via its official internet web site documentation pertaining to its most recent annual financial reports, current year budget, most recent independent audit report and most recent fiscal performance plan or multiyear financial plan required pursuant to paragraph g of subdivision ten of section fifty-four of the state finance law , unless such information is covered by subdivision two of section eighty-seven of the public officers law .

Some wiggle room there buddy, who determines "to the extent practicable"?

It would help the court too if you would properly reference the various codes you claim are violated.

Stuff like this reminds me of some quotes from the old Sanford and Son show, this one in particular:

"Sanford and Son: Jealousy (#2.4)" (1972)
    Osgood Wilcox: White wine. Nothing like white wine. White wine should be drunk young.
    Fred G. Sanford: Yeah, I was drunk when I was young.

Fred G. Sanford: [In the kitchen checking on the rump roast while Donna and Osgood dance in the living room] They ain't doin' nothin' but dancing.
    Lamont Sanford: Uh-huh. All I know is he's the dude with the dame and you're the chump with the rump.

Osgood Wilcox: Well, now, I think it only fair to warn you I'm quite skilled at karate.
    [Demonstrates karate chops and a kick]
    Osgood Wilcox: HWAH! HWAH! SHAH!
    Fred G. Sanford: This nigga's crazy!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Personally I think 5 would be the low limit for a town like WS or Cheektowaga. 3 is just too few.

Quote Originally Posted by WSFirst View Post
    Good luck!

I just don't understand 30 (d) regarding the Bee
    There can only be one newspaper designated as the official newspaper for the Town with no alternates.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    It would help the court too if you would properly reference the various codes you claim are violated.
    They are.

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    They are.
    Missing Articles...

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    There can only be one newspaper designated as the official newspaper for the Town with no alternates.
    We have two in Lancaster. The Buffalo New and the Lancaster Bee.
    The Bee is cheaper but is a weekly newspaper. Most notices are put in there. I think they name the BufNews since it is a daily for the occasion of immediate notification. Just my guess

Georgia L Schlager

If they name the shoe shine rag as their official paper it is a shameful waste of taxpayer $. The price that the rag charges for publishing local government and other legal notices is just this side of thievery. There is almost no circumstance under which the need for “immediate” notice crops up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information