Growing up in Amherst, I have a deep rooted understanding of the values, work ethic and concerns of the residents of my home town. I know Amherst because it’s my home and I know the work required of the position of Supervisor, because I am the current full-time Town Clerk.

For the past five years I have served the residents of Amherst as Town Clerk, a position I am honored to hold. Serving the public in a respectful and efficient way is something I take very seriously. As Town Supervisor I will continue to serve the residents of Amherst both ethically and honestly.
As your Town Clerk, I am responsible for maintaining our vital records, I am the Official Registrar and Tax Receiver. During a fiscal year, I accept, disburse and balance $300 million dollars. The Clerk’s office is the heart of the Town. Every Resolution, Minute and budget amendment or filing passes across my desk. No other occupation can provide such a perfect background to be Town Supervisor.
In addition to my role as Clerk, I am passionately committed to serving the town as a Volunteer Interior Firefighter and Licensed Emergency Medical Technician; providing both emergency services and fire and medical safety education to all members of our community. I am also on the Board of Directors for Amherst Meals on Wheels. It is my honor and privilege to serve in these roles.

I have served on multiple Town Committees including: Amherst Planning Board, Amherst Citizens School Board Task Force, Government Studies Committee and the Solid Waste Advisory Committee. My involvement and participation with these important committees helped broaden the depth of knowledge of Town Hall government, furthering my ability to provide efficient service to our residents.
There is no other candidate that brings the experience and working knowledge of Town government to the table like I do. I look forward to a campaign that will engage our residents and analyze the issues. Amherst has fantastic parks, great services, an excellent Police Department and wonderful residents that make this Town a success. As your next Town Supervisor, you have my full-time experience and my full-time guarantee that I will protect and preserve our quality of life

https://www.marjoryforamherst.com/