Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Silent picket at Lancaster High School

close but no ringer

Some people get involved and try to correct injustices. Some people get involved to be on the "Winning Team" There's also the ones who fear not being accepted.

Then you have a percentage who risk ridicule, public insult and even arrest to help heal a broken system.

I see people exchanging concerns and idea's. I see, even if it is ten, people who take the time to actually be involved - here and at Local Government Functions.

The Controlling Majority would love for everyone to walk the walk and talk their talk. The tax fed always look for justification, so they mislead misinform and harass anyone who speaks out.

Mr.Obvious is just that "Obvious" he slid in like a lamb and now starts to show his true colors. Yes he has the right to disagree, he has a right to his opinions.

He is now showing his willingness to substitute insults for facts. He is now showing just why he joined in. Thats OK - the readers here have seen many of you come and go. This site and the Lancaster Thread is growing in readership, people are reading and asking questions.

If that were not the case Town Board Members and other "Politico's" would never mention this site as often as they do. Facts are never truly refuted by these people, just spun around and around.

If there wasn't truth to the shady back door deals, the developers / contributors influence, the hidden purchase deals and IDA abuses - there would have been many lawsuits. The truth is if there were any and they found them selves in Court - outside of Lancaster - they'd loose.

They hide behind, "It ain't illegal" - your correct and the Judge said it perfectly - "It isn't illegal what Supervisor Giza and friends did - its just bad Governance."
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    I think the main problem is that the 10 people that are unhappy bitch a whole lot more than the thousands that are happy. People that are fine or happy with the situation don't complain. People that are unhappy complain. People that are unhappy and have nothing better to do spend all of their waking hours complaining. That does not mean that they are the majority, they're just noisy.

No one ever calls up and says 'great job'. So instead of these noisemakers are claiming that the silent majority is unhappy, i'd think that those that aren't making a bunch of noise are perfectly fine with the situation at hand.
    yak is baaaack with a splat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You appear jealous, you have no cause.

wait mr tango is about to

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    yak is baaaack with a splat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You appear jealous, you have no cause.
    His backup singer is here - lets dance!!!!
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

This 1 of 10 believes 3% = 3%, 3% does not equal zero. I don't believe the teachers should not receive any raise but some of these posters make it appear that 3% is nothing. Considering the state cutbacks to schools 3% does sound pretty fair. Any industry that was affected by the cutbacks are having their employees feel the pinch. Why not teachers?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    R2D2 - You are as bad as the meat heads in town hall, you spin your own tune just like Giza and crew. You do it all the time - you twist what people say, you use just little excerpts of a sentence to try and alter what they feel because they don't 100% agree with you - and If you actually listened to one damn thing i posted there are some things that I agree with you 110% - but God forbid I don't walk in your shadow 24/7....um....well....no thanks.

The world is not as black and white as you see it - thank God!

Oh, I sing solo, sorry I don't have a back up crew hear that kisses my A$$!

Hey captianobvious, try sticking to the subject of school district budget and not wandering to other events that have no bearing on the topic.

The budget for LCSD for 2009-10 was $84.7 million.

Administrative Budget

Administration/supervision of curriculum, regular schools and special schools:
    Salaries - $3.45 million
    Benefits - $1.72 million
    Total - $5.17 million or 6.1% of the budget

Program
    Instructional and non instructional salaries
    Salaries - $22.86 million
    Benefits - $12.00 million
    Total - $34.86 million or 41.1% of the budget

Program
    Transportation
    Salaries - $3.61 million
    Benefits – $2.0 million
    Total - $5.61 million or 6.6%

Capitol

Operation of plant - $5.59 million
    Benefits - $1.64 million
    Total - $7.23 million or 8.5% of the budget
    Total salaries and benefits or 48.9% of the budget

The school district, according to the last budget work session, has a 3.9% salary increase in place for instructional teachers and 3% for administrators. Now, the LTA is not accepting the contract proposed, so what are teachers asking for. I don’t know, do you? How much should they receive, 5%, 10%, more? Where is the money going to come from? Hopefully, not from my pocket. Times are tough, or haven’t you noticed?

Some people get involved and try to correct injustices. Some people get involved to be on the "Winning Team" There's also the ones who fear not being accepted.

Then you have a percentage who risk ridicule, public insult and even arrest to help heal a broken system.

I see people exchanging concerns and idea's. I see, even if it is ten, people who take the time to actually be involved - here and at Local Government Functions.

The Controlling Majority would love for everyone to walk the walk and talk their talk. The tax fed always look for justification, so they mislead misinform and harass anyone who speaks out.

Mr.Obvious is just that "Obvious" he slid in like a lamb and now starts to show his true colors. Yes he has the right to disagree, he has a right to his opinions.

He is now showing his willingness to substitute insults for facts. He is now showing just why he joined in. Thats OK - the readers here have seen many of you come and go. This site and the Lancaster Thread is growing in readership, people are reading and asking questions.

If that were not the case Town Board Members and other "Politico's" would never mention this site as often as they do. Facts are never truly refuted by these people, just spun around and around.

If there wasn't truth to the shady back door deals, the developers / contributors influence, the hidden purchase deals and IDA abuses - there would have been many lawsuits. The truth is if there were any and they found them selves in Court - outside of Lancaster - they'd loose.

They hide behind, "It ain't illegal" - your correct and the Judge said it perfectly - "It isn't illegal what Supervisor Giza and friends did - its just bad Governance."

Just in case you missed it - were talking about education.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Hey captianobvious, try sticking to the subject of school district budget and not wandering to other events that have no bearing on the topic.

The budget for LCSD for 2009-10 was $84.7 million.

Administrative Budget

Administration/supervision of curriculum, regular schools and special schools:
    Salaries - $3.45 million
    Benefits - $1.72 million
    Total - $5.17 million or 6.1% of the budget

Program
    Instructional and non instructional salaries
    Salaries - $22.86 million
    Benefits - $12.00 million
    Total - $34.86 million or 41.1% of the budget

Program
    Transportation
    Salaries - $3.61 million
    Benefits – $2.0 million
    Total - $5.61 million or 6.6%

Capitol

Operation of plant - $5.59 million
    Benefits - $1.64 million
    Total - $7.23 million or 8.5% of the budget
    Total salaries and benefits or 48.9% of the budget

The school district, according to the last budget work session, has a 3.9% salary increase in place for instructional teachers and 3% for administrators. Now, the LTA is not accepting the contract proposed, so what are teachers asking for. I don’t know, do you? How much should they receive, 5%, 10%, more? Where is the money going to come from? Hopefully, not from my pocket. Times are tough, or haven’t you noticed?

Wish I knew what teachers were asking, just as much as you - of course I'm looking at numbers and they don't make sense - I think something is wrong, but I don't have time right now. I'll have to look at them later!

And I've been on track the entire time - unlike some others who are more worried about giza's!

ummm actually I meant yaksplat.

Tango is cool.

Lee your last paragraph is great. I agree with you 100% on that. The young educators do have more education and are more dedicated. Once they achieve tenure, that dedication changes.
    I am a tenured teacher in another district and I take offense to your claim that we are no longer dedicated upon receiving tenure. My colleagues and I are constantly staying up to date with technologies as well as the latest teaching techniques. I am not defending tenure. I am responding to an attack on my profession!

ummm actually I meant yaksplat.

Tango is cool.
    Thanks Shortstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Ed is Key View Post
    I am a tenured teacher in another district and I take offense to your claim that we are no longer dedicated upon receiving tenure. My colleagues and I are constantly staying up to date with technologies as well as the latest teaching techniques. I am not defending tenure. I am responding to an attack on my profession!
    Excuse me whoever you are, I did not attack your profession. I support teachers. My statement is that tenure has changed.

Excuse me whoever you are, I did not attack your profession. I support teachers. My statement is that tenure has changed.
    You do realize that when someone comments, people do not go back and look at their entire comment history. Thanks for clearing it up though! By the way, I am ED IS KEY!!!!!!

Lee your last paragraph is great. I agree with you 100% on that. The young educators do have more education and are more dedicated. Once they achieve tenure, that dedication changes.

Doesn't look like you said "Tenure has changed" it looks like you said a teachers dedication changes!

With that said - I have read many of your posts and agree that you support the teaching profession.
    Last edited by captainobvious; March 9th, 2010 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
    Wish I knew what teachers were asking, just as much as you - of course I'm looking at numbers and they don't make sense - I think something is wrong, but I don't have time right now. I'll have to look at them later!

And I've been on track the entire time - unlike some others who are more worried about giza's!

So - as per your numbers -ALLdistrict salaries and bennies makes up 62.3% of the district budget. (You have 48% written down) thats what was confusing me................ But, this only kinda sorta answers the question of where the 70% that I was asking about is spent.

If I flip it from your numbers - what is the other 37.7% being spent on. It was very educational going to yesterdays board meeting and seeing the specific (somewhat) list of things being cut. The scary part is I guarantee there are other things in the budget that can easily be cut as well - Its weather the ones making the decisions are willing to make those cuts. And as one staff member said - there are things that money is being wasted on.

It's all about wants & needs and hopefully the wrong people aren't getting hurt in the end, that would be the Kids and those in direct contact with the kids!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information