Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruffino's Response in the Bee

Ruffino's Response in the Bee

"We were elected to make decisions that are in the best interest of all Lancaster's residents, not just the handful that show up meeting after meeting voicing their opposition to nearly every decision we make."

by Ruffino

You view the rest of the article and tell me, is he accurate in making that statement?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Since when is "Bad governance" synonymous with the best interests of all Lancaster taxpayers?

Georgia L Schlager

In reading the article, it appears that Ruffino is grasping at straws trying to justify the "White Elephant." What I find disturbing however, is putting a bad highlight on the taxpayers who are trying to question where "our" money is going and how are "we" going to pay for it.

When you sum up all the projects that Giza & Co. are trying to complete, it brings to mind their audacity to think that we should just sit idle and say, "OK please spend our money anyway you see fit."

What is Ruffino trying to say, taxpayers can't come to our townhall meetings and question them? Years ago that townhall was a full house. Mr. Ruffino should be encouraging the people of Lancaster to come to their townhall meetings, not chastize them.

Shame on you Ruffino!

Ruffino and Town Board need to have a different attitude

What is perhaps the most shocking about the Ruffino response in the Bee is the apparent distain he, and the rest of the Town Board, has for residents/taxpayers that take an active interest in how their Town is being governed by the people that are supposed to be representing them. One of the biggest risks to the survival of our democratic form of government in the US is voter ignorance and voter apathy. The handful of brave individuals Mr. Ruffino holds in distain, are exactly the type of people that are our hope for the survival of our form of government. The likes of Mr. Ruffino are the type that would ultimately bring an end to the US brand of democracy if left unchecked.
    What Mr. Ruffino fails to realize is that for every one resident that stands up and asks tough questions to the Town Board there are many, many, more that feel the same way---even if they are not informed enough, or motivated enough, to publically express it.
    In reading Mr. Ruffino's response to the Bee Editorial, and other information that has surfaced about the Cole Craft building, one can't help but get the impression that the Town Board has not only made some bad decisions, but they are prone to compound them by trying to cover them up and more forward on them anyways. A true leader admits to making a mistake (all of us humans makes mistakes now and then) and then does their best to rectify it for their residents rather than keep marching down a bad path just to avoid looking like a mistake was made. Who do we have on the Town Board that can rise to that level?

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster Resident View Post
    What is perhaps the most shocking about the Ruffino response in the Bee is the apparent distain he, and the rest of the Town Board, has for residents/taxpayers that take an active interest in how their Town is being governed by the people that are supposed to be representing them. One of the biggest risks to the survival of our democratic form of government in the US is voter ignorance and voter apathy. The handful of brave individuals Mr. Ruffino holds in distain, are exactly the type of people that are our hope for the survival of our form of government. The likes of Mr. Ruffino are the type that would ultimately bring an end to the US brand of democracy if left unchecked.
    What Mr. Ruffino fails to realize is that for every one resident that stands up and asks tough questions to the Town Board there are many, many, more that feel the same way---even if they are not informed enough, or motivated enough, to publically express it.
    In reading Mr. Ruffino's response to the Bee Editorial, and other information that has surfaced about the Cole Craft building, one can't help but get the impression that the Town Board has not only made some bad decisions, but they are prone to compound them by trying to cover them up and more forward on them anyways. A true leader admits to making a mistake (all of us humans makes mistakes now and then) and then does their best to rectify it for their residents rather than keep marching down a bad path just to avoid looking like a mistake was made. Who do we have on the Town Board that can rise to that level?
    To be honest, no one on the board will rise up and admit to anything. Dan Amatura was the closest we had to actually making decisions in best interest of community.

Too really see how rediculous and misstated Ruffino’s Bee editorial is, I would suggest one reads the articles that were published a year ago regarding what took place at a Town Board meeting.

http://www.speakupwny.com/article_3904.shtml

http://www.speakupwny.com/article_3906.shtml

http://www.speakupwny.com/article_3909.shtml

Didn't Ruffino just barely get re-elected last election?

Quote Originally Posted by SAAR View Post
    Didn't Ruffino just barely get re-elected last election?
    You are correct. Georgette almost beat him, I believe only by 100 to about 150 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    You are correct. Georgette almost beat him, I believe only by 100 to about 150 votes.
    If my memory serves me correctly wasn't the voter turnout about 22-24%?

Quote Originally Posted by SAAR View Post
    If my memory serves me correctly wasn't the voter turnout about 22-24%?
    I think you might be correct, but don't quote me on it. A big percentage of those might have been those directly benefiting from the Lancaster Democratic Party Officials.

Talking just got done reading !!!! Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Too really see how rediculous and misstated Ruffino’s Bee editorial is, I would suggest one reads the articles that were published a year ago regarding what took place at a Town Board meeting.

http://www.speakupwny.com/article_3904.shtml

http://www.speakupwny.com/article_3906.shtml

http://www.speakupwny.com/article_3909.shtml
    why did it get this far and You guys are bad guys ?????? Give me a break you have the guts to take tho bullet for all the residents and without fear of name calling and thoughtless remarks buy Board Members and thanks for your time an some might think stupid self inflicting eagles. great job and keep it up, some of us that are not able to attend meetings enjoy the writing on Speakup western New York .

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    "We were elected to make decisions that are in the best interest of all Lancaster's residents, not just the handful that show up meeting after meeting voicing their opposition to nearly every decision we make."
    Are any of you claiming that what he said is not factual?

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    Are any of you claiming that what he said is not factual?
    Yes indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Yes indeed.
    OK - what did he say that was not factual in this sentence?

Governence and decision making by Gadfly opinion is not good governence

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information