Thread: Amazon should receive NO tax breaks or tax payer money.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Amazon should receive NO tax breaks or tax payer money.

Amazon should receive NO tax breaks or tax payer money. They are retail.

None what so ever.

Any retail business owner would be nuts to allow this to happen.

Let tax money generated by businesses be given to a business that will put them out of business. Yeah... good thinking.

Hire 50,000 people that can put 200,000 or more out of work.

Yeah...good use of tax money.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Amazon should receive NO tax breaks or tax payer money. They are retail.

None what so ever.

Any retail business owner would be nuts to allow this to happen.

Let tax money generated by businesses be given to a business that will put them out of business. Yeah... good thinking.

Hire 50,000 people that can put 200,000 or more out of work.

Yeah...good use of tax money.
    The state gave 750 million to swindle city to create a handful of jobs, what would they give Amazon?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I was weighing out the pro vs cons of an Amazon deal.

They are my competition along with competition to 10000's of other small retail businesses.

Control spending and lower taxes across the board, then those special breaks to bribe companies won't be needed.
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Sharky sees it for what it is.

I wouldn't want one penny of my tax money going to a business that would compete against me. I could picture Cuomo standing in front of a camera stating "And with this deal we will create 50,000 good paying jobs"... No after thought about the countless jobs that were lost because of Amazon.

Don't worry. They were not coming to NY anways.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I know. Just saying.

There are many more business friendly areas in the USA. In the end I don't think businesses in those area's would want to fund their competition. That is what it is. They are not a manufacturing company that makes a product no one else produces. They are a company that sells a product over the internet that local businesses can also sell.

It is what it is.

Jeff Bezos’ Heart Breaks A Little Reading Albany’s Amazon Headquarters Pitch

SEATTLE—Cringing as he scanned the section touting the city as the economic and cultural core of New York State’s Capital Region, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos reportedly felt his heart break a little while perusing Albany’s pitch to host the company’s new national headquarters, sources confirmed Tuesday. “Oh, jeez, you can tell they put a lot of work into this sad presentation—they even provided a concept sketch of our headquarters across the river from their little Amtrak station,” said Bezos, noting that the package, which included a custom-made SUNY Albany Great Danes football jersey with “AMAZON” written on the nameplate, laid out the many ways a new $5 billion campus would benefit from being situated nearby such landmarks as the New York State Museum and The Egg, a performance art center the proposal referred to as “iconic.” “It talks about how the Port of Albany has one of the biggest grain elevators in the country or something, and they keep calling themselves ‘the next Tech Valley.’ God, I don’t think I have the stomach to read the section about much we’ll love their Tulip Festival.” At press time, Amazon had reportedly received an addendum to Albany’s proposal noting they are optimistic that United Airlines may begin offering flights between their city and Detroit within the next year.

LOL. Could easily swap Albany for Buffalo or Rochester.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    LOL. Could easily swap Albany for Buffalo or Rochester.

SUNY Albany Great Danes football jersey with “AMAZON” written on the nameplate, laid out the many ways a new $5 billion campus would benefit from being situated nearby such landmarks as the New York State Museum and The Egg, a performance art center the proposal referred to as “iconic.” “It talks about how the Port of Albany has one of the biggest grain elevators in the country or something, and they keep calling themselves ‘the next Tech Valley.’ God, I don’t think I have the stomach to read the section about much we’ll love their Tulip Festival.”

He see's it for what it is. People behind the "cultural attractions" don't realize they are not reasons to relocate businesses to NYS.

I had to look up what TheEgg was

http://www.theegg.org/

http://www.nysm.nysed.gov/

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This Wasn’t Actually a Great Week for Amazon

We’ve read all about the top contenders for Amazon HQ2 and the long-shots; the hopeful small cities and the smug, orange-hued, big ones. We know the good, the bad, and the ugly of what those cities are willing to do to secure the mega-deal—even faced with the possibility that Amazon might end up getting more than it gives, cities still can’t resist its (incredibly wealthy) charm.

Somewhat buried underneath this bidding-war news-muck, however, were two more troubling bits of Amazon news. On Tuesday, Amazon Studios CEO Roy Price resigned amid accusations of sexual harassment; and on Thursday, The Wall Street Journal reported that a major Amazon competitor, Walmart, has plans to launch an online retail store in partnership with Lord & Taylor. As the bidding deadline for Amazon HQ2 drew to a close Thursday night, another conceivable worst-case scenario emerged for cities vying for HQ2: the reminder that Amazon, however mighty, isn’t invincible.
    https://www.citylab.com/life/2017/10...m_source=grist

Thread Information