Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Job Market Worst The In 7 and 1/2 years

Unregistered

Buffalo Job Market Worst The In 7 and 1/2 years

Buffalo Job Market Worst The In 7 and 1/2 years, That's what the word is on people's social media sites, they cant get a job in Buffalo and they have to leave Buffalo to get a job. When they leave they take their money with them, that means less people to shop in stores, & pay taxes etc...... .http://buffalonews.com/2017/10/19/bu...ars-september/

Because people on social media sites are the best indicator. I looked into jobs while I was up there last month. You know, while I was actually there, where you haven't actually been in years and it seemed pretty robust, but hey, what do I know, I was only actually IN Buffalo, not reading facebook, twitter or instagram posts from disgruntled people that probably got fired for not doing their jobs.

I can't imagine construction or tourism jobs being down as winter approaches. Really odd......
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Because people on social media sites are the best indicator. I looked into jobs while I was up there last month. You know, while I was actually there, where you haven't actually been in years and it seemed pretty robust, but hey, what do I know, I was only actually IN Buffalo, not reading facebook, twitter or instagram posts from disgruntled people that probably got fired for not doing their jobs.

I can't imagine construction or tourism jobs being down as winter approaches. Really odd......

All the business's & plants that announced that they were closing or relocating in 2017 and the loss of those jobs are now being felt and adding up. lots more job loss's coming with Degraph hospital closing in the next few days. Buffalo & Erie County's new logo should be "Our worst day's are yet to come"

yep county wants to raise taxes. I wonder why? people cant afford any more taxes in this area or state.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    yep county wants to raise taxes. I wonder why? people cant afford any more taxes in this area or state.
    Better yet, The county & the towns are adding more jobs to their payrolls, adding more of a burden to the shrinking tax base. Business as usual
    keep giving yearly raises & keeping raising property taxes every year and keep telling the blind sheep aka fools to have Buffalo Love, Also sounds like WNY population loss's are going to be the largest ever

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post

Why do you think taxes are high in the county?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Better yet, The county & the towns are adding more jobs to their payrolls, adding more of a burden to the shrinking tax base. Business as usual
    keep giving yearly raises & keeping raising property taxes every year and keep telling the blind sheep aka fools to have Buffalo Love, Also sounds like WNY population loss's are going to be the largest ever
    This has never stopped the controlling political party of most towns in Erie County. More raises and/or more employees while losing population.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Adding jobs shrinks the tax base? Ok......
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Unregistered

Yes it shrinks the taxbase because the money to pay for the government workers salaries, benefits, yearly longetivity pay, retirement bonsus's, pension's, & pension spiking etc.. is coming from the taxpayers which will be payed for by raising taxes. When taxes are raised, more people & business's move to lower taxes areas which are booming which is just about the whole entire country is growing & booming right now except for WNY which has been in it's own recession for 50 years and has already lost 1/2 of it's population, yet their are more government workers on the payroll.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Adding more local government jobs doesn't help. You have the net tax payers covering the cost of those government jobs which leaves less money in their pockets.

If adding local government jobs would lower taxes the answer would be for everyone to have a government job.

Take Cheektowaga or West Seneca as example. Why don't we give every adult in either town a town job? We'll start off with $75k base, $23k health insurance and pension contributions. Yeah that's the answer.

Do you see why your logic is wrong?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Adding more local government jobs doesn't help. You have the net tax payers covering the cost of those government jobs which leaves less money in their pockets.

If adding local government jobs would lower taxes the answer would be for everyone to have a government job.

Take Cheektowaga or West Seneca as example. Why don't we give every adult in either town a town job? We'll start off with $75k base, $23k health insurance and pension contributions. Yeah that's the answer.

Do you see why your logic is wrong?
    Also what is wrong if you look at Cheektowaga is paying 10 milllion per year for 13 fire stations & 10 Fire districts that are unmanned stations, volunteer FD's & provide below national standards EMS level & response times. Instead of the millions being wasted & being flushing down the toliet, on 29 take home fire chiefs new tahoes , 30 Engines, (each one costs $500,000 to $750,000) , 9 Ladder Trucks (each one costs over 1 milllion) 6 Heavy Rescues (each one costs $700,000 to $900,000) 40 Light Rescues, ATV's urgo's, pick ups & misc for a population of 70,000 is insanity, not to mention that their is not enough volunteer's to man all that appartus anymore. A population of 70,000 people would require 3 to 5 Engines, 1 or 2 Ladder Trucks, 1 Heavy Rescue, & better yet, 1 Fire Chief, not 29 fire chief trucks. the money being wasted on 25 times duplication could be used on having a manned paid FD with proffesional Paramedic Firefighters which is the standard everywhere else
    +

Unregistered
    Buffalo FD is even worst, each Fire truck has 4 firefighters on it per shift , Buffalo FD doesn't work 24hr shifts which is the only paid FD in the country that still dont conform to this, so instead of having 3 24 hr shifts A, B & C Shift, 4 firefighters X 3 shift's = 12 firefighters per truck like just about everywhere else, Buffalo has to have 4 have shifts, 1st 2nd 3rd & 4th Platoon's a 14hr night shift & a 10hr day shift 4 firefighters X 4 shifts = 16 firefighter shifts so that's extra 4 per people per truck and Buffalo has 30 fire trucks 30iX4 = 120 + chiefs & support personal 10 = extra 130 salarys, benefits, pensions for having 4 shifts instead of 3 shifts

Actually, Hip she cited an article from the Fake News that reported on info released by others. If you don’t believe that article are you admitting that the Fake News prints fake news? And why would they knowingly report fake news that makes their hero, Il Douche, look bad? As I’ve been posting for years, all the wonderful growth we pat ourselves on the back over is taxpayer funded crap like the bogus solar plant and the “medical campus” with its idiotic international attraction, the Allen Street subway stop!

Unregistered
    Erie County still has dispatchers (MERS) to cordinate ambulance to hospital radio transmission, but when the cell phone came out their was no need to use radios anymore or have mers cordinators. The rest of the country's ambulance now use cell phones & tablets to call the hospital, but Erie County is still using the 1960's radio system I guess to preserve the mers cordinators jobs.

Unregistered
    Back in 1960's & 1970's City of Buffalo had several ambulance services, La Salle, Memorial, Gold Cross, Sheehan, Meyer etc....... and Buffalo Ambulance dispatch (ADI) dispatches the ambulances. But now their's only 1 ambulance co in Buffalo, AMR and AMR has their own dispatchers & Buffalo FD has own dispatchers, that also dispatch EMS calls, Yet Buffalo still has ADI dispatchers which is another level of duplication.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information