Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: West Seneca residents outraged over proposed 12 percent tax hike

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The economy isn't great. Yes there are people buying cars and homes but the poster from AZ has a point.

I know people who are doing awesome but in the end there are many who are just getting by.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    Your exaggerating the condition of the economy here, it is not HORRIBLE, people are spending, buying houses and cars, going out for dinner, taking vacations etc. also the population loss in Cheektowaga is 25K-30k from approx 100,000 in 1990 to around 75K in 2010 (census data) and probably still dropping.
    Really WNY's economy is NOT HORRIBLE ????? Just about the rest of whole country is booming, growing and has Billions & Billions of private investment going on creating 10'000's of new high paying jobs in every industry Look what's going everywhere like in North Las Vegas https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk7...1sc9ueOzFkiWeg Love the ending of the video where they say their the leader of pack, very cocky but so true, during the recession they did not raise taxes and they layoff police, fire (real professional firefighter/paramedics) & all other city departments

Orchard Park is raising property taxes too to pay for larger raises across the board, adding a police officer position who's starting salary is $100,000 and $250,000 is being used to pay for the increase of medical insurances premiums for is it's working

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Really WNY's economy is NOT HORRIBLE ????? Just about the rest of whole country is booming, growing and has Billions & Billions of private investment going on creating 10'000's of new high paying jobs in every industry Look what's going everywhere like in North Las Vegas https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk7...1sc9ueOzFkiWeg Love the ending of the video where they say their the leader of pack, very cocky but so true, during the recession they did not raise taxes and they layoff police, fire (real professional firefighter/paramedics) & all other city departments

Orchard Park is raising property taxes too to pay for larger raises across the board, adding a police officer position who's starting salary is $100,000 and $250,000 is being used to pay for the increase of medical insurances premiums for is it's working
    2010 Census was 8 years ago, Cheektowaga population loss will be 40,000 or be closer to 40,000 than 30,000 when the next census comes out, Even a loss of 30,000 is a 30% loss of population is HUGE !! and add that with all the industries & business's that are now closed & vacant not paying taxes and all the 1000's & 1000's of jobs lost.

WSFirst
    2010 Census was 8 years ago, Cheektowaga population loss will be 40,000 or be closer to 40,000 than 30,000 when the next census comes out, Even a loss of 30,000 is a 30% loss of population is HUGE !! and add that with all the industries & business's that are now closed & vacant not paying taxes and all the 1000's & 1000's of jobs lost.
    Now, I know not everyone attends public school, etc. - WSCSD that includes more than just WS, has lost 13% of their students since 2000

Cheektowaga CSD - 2057 ('16) vs 2292 ('10)
    Maryvale - 2123 vs 2183
    Sloan - 1331 vs 1501
    Cleveland Hill - 1223 vs 1419

6744 vs 7395, 10% loss

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WSFirst View Post
    Now, I know not everyone attends public school, etc. - WSCSD that includes more than just WS, has lost 13% of their students since 2000

Cheektowaga CSD - 2057 ('16) vs 2292 ('10)
    Maryvale - 2123 vs 2183
    Sloan - 1331 vs 1501
    Cleveland Hill - 1223 vs 1419

6744 vs 7395, 10% loss
    The Bon Ton was already closing the Eastern Hills Mall Store , now their closing the Southgate Plaza store too.

The Bon Ton was already closing the Eastern Hills Mall Store , now their closing the Southgate Plaza store too.

They haven't said which ones are closing, it's just a matter of time before the whole chain closes

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    They haven't said which ones are closing, it's just a matter of time before the whole chain closes
    I have Aunt who works at Southgate told me. Eastern Hills, NF & Lockport stores are closing & now Southgate too, The Tonwanda store is on the bubble.
    Their retiring and putting their W. Seneca house for sale after the holidays and going to move where one of her daughters live either to Atlanta, Houston or Austin

Unregistered
    I have Aunt who works at Southgate told me. Eastern Hills, NF & Lockport stores are closing & now Southgate too, The Tonwanda store is on the bubble.
    Their retiring and putting their W. Seneca house for sale after the holidays and going to move where one of her daughters live either to Atlanta, Houston or Austin
    I forgot Mckinley store closing too

Austin would be a great choice

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    Austin would be a great choice
    Also Sears is closing another 140 stores after the holidays

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information