Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: West Seneca residents outraged over proposed 12 percent tax hike

WSFirst
    Buffalo/WS is still affordable compared to a lot of cities, at least housing wise. Get a government job in WNY, you're set for life. Almost as good as winning the lottery.
    People are saying "12% is only a few dollars a month" but few dollars that should be spent at a local business, not the local government. Some people don't have extra money. Doesn't matter if we have a 7 person board, we will still have the high cost if the cost is being blamed on mandates.

Plain and simple there must be a control board installed in which the control board will stop the bleeding of all this money going out the window the spending is out of control

I just remember last year when the supervisor wanted a 29% salary increase for her position as she said, for the position not herself. Well, she's in the position. What kind of BS was that? it wasn't like she was leaving office and asking fr the increase for the next supervisor. I think, she ended up with a 14.9% increase. How often does that happen in the private sector?

Georgia L Schlager

WSFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by steris22 View Post
    Plain and simple there must be a control board installed in which the control board will stop the bleeding of all this money going out the window the spending is out of control
    Will the control board be paid a salary, health insurance, and a pension?

This is why towns outsource their garbage - they don't have to pay a pension.

Quote Originally Posted by WSFirst View Post

i get what you are saying however we need a 3rd party to stop the bleeding of all this money going out.. a control board will stop all the money going into the pockets and all these raises and hiring friends and family this town is all about themselves not the residents of the town

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by WSFirst View Post

i get what you are saying however we need a 3rd party to stop the bleeding of all this money going out.. a control board will stop all the money going into the pockets and all these raises and hiring friends and family this town is all about themselves not the residents of the town

A control board would be paid something unless the control board was made up of volunteers that represented the property owners best interest.

The contract were written in such a way most local towns are stuck with them.

I vote all the time and I am a West Seneca Resident. I am proud to say I never voted for any of the 3 Stooges that run this town. Sheila Walsh Meegan and her fathers best friend Steve Pidgeon are so corrupt but yet people have there eyes closed. Her dad is still on the WS books as a senior driver I believe.When the heck is that new library coffee shop going to get finished? I drive by there many days and usually see just a few guys working. What about the new Firewall? I love the Town but its been run into the ground recently. We need 10 times the people complaining at the next meeting or what about just picketing the Town Hall right in front of that NEW WASTE OF MONEY BUILDING on a Saturday afternoon for a couple hours?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    A control board would be paid something unless the control board was made up of volunteers that represented the property owners best interest.

The contract were written in such a way most local towns are stuck with them.
    Of course it would be paid for they are not going to do it for free and i have have no issues with money going out with a control board in place as long as the spending is keep in check and that is exactly what the board would do and all these needless fake titles and extra money per year going out to from supervisor all the way down plus all the raises when ever they feel

i hope everyone in west seneca attends the next meeting at west senior

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'd volunteer if there was some clout. I'd have the same mercy any government employee has when it comes to shopping locally versus shopping Amazon. You all know how that is. In the end we could end up with a lower cost of living in Erie County and most likely even better parks, roads and services. That is what competition creates. When small groups of people have monopolies on services you end up with what we have in NYS.

WSFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2fish View Post
    I vote all the time and I am a West Seneca Resident. I am proud to say I never voted for any of the 3 Stooges that run this town. Sheila Walsh Meegan and her fathers best friend Steve Pidgeon are so corrupt but yet people have there eyes closed. Her dad is still on the WS books as a senior driver I believe.When the heck is that new library coffee shop going to get finished? I drive by there many days and usually see just a few guys working. What about the new Firewall? I love the Town but its been run into the ground recently. We need 10 times the people complaining at the next meeting or what about just picketing the Town Hall right in front of that NEW WASTE OF MONEY BUILDING on a Saturday afternoon for a couple hours?
    I couldn't find anyone listed in seethroughny.

Control board is useless with Taylor Law. The current or a future town board can't do anything about the pre-existing contract, remember, the COB teachers operated without a contract for 10+ years, no reason the town employees couldn't do the same. I'm afraid, only one certain thing will happen - taxes will go up because of Taylor Law. As technology improves, we're only a few years away from a driveless garbage truck (Volvo already testing) and we wouldn't need as many sanitation employees.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    West Seneca residents angry — still — over proposed 12 percent tax hike

More than 400 West Seneca residents showed up Monday night to tell Town Board members the 12 percent projected tax increase is too much.

Obscene, disgraceful and an enormous jump, residents said of the budget at a public hearing that lasted more than three hours at West Seneca West High School.

Rick Miles of Diane Drive said he was happy when his daughter and her family moved back to town.
    http://buffalonews.com/2017/10/30/we...ime=1509418930

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    WEST SENECA'S NEW COMMUNITY CENTER AND LIBRARY AHEAD OF SCHEDULE

WEST SENECA, N.Y. -- West Seneca is in the midst of building a new $12 million community center and library complex on Union Road, planning for which began more than four years ago.Building on the site started last winter using local contractors and union workers, who are about two weeks ahead of schedule. Officials are hopeful it's complete by May 2018.
    The facility will house not only a library, but a basketball court and recreation area, offices for the town and the Chamber of Commerce, conference rooms, a cafe and more.

http://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/buf...mmunity-center

Pack the town hall tonight when they approve 8.61% increase. They failed to make enough cuts. Did you know Meegan's husband works for the highway dept? How can she make a unbiased decision on anything to do with that department? http://www.westseneca.net/applicatio...1113095102.pdf

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    Pack the town hall tonight when they approve 8.61% increase. They failed to make enough cuts. Did you know Meegan's husband works for the highway dept? How can she make a unbiased decision on anything to do with that department? http://www.westseneca.net/applicatio...1113095102.pdf
    Valid point. That would be a conflict of interest if a vote was involved in approving raises.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post

A majority of the residents must be happy with paying higher taxes, they voted last week ? Correct? They wanted a fancy new building ? Correct? If the word cut is mentioned, no one wants their favorite items cut, cuts are for the other guys not me .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information