Thread: rezoning effort sustains a ding

Tony Fracasso - Admin

rezoning effort sustains a ding

CHEEKTOWAGA – Cheektowaga’s Environmental Advisory Committee could place a caveat on the rezoning request by Dent Pro Buffalo.
    The business is a dent repair facility at the corner of Genesee Street and Union Road that wishes to engage in “push to paint” repair work in one of its four service bays.

http://cheektowagachronicle.com/dent...ublic-hearing/

“I’ve been in business there for quite a while trying to keep my head above water to keep up with the Gabe’s and the Carubba’s – not easy to do. Now I got someone 120 feet away that wants to do the same thing that I’m doing; that would just about knock us out,” Mr. Moscato told the town board.
    What does this have to do with anything?

The board allowed a tim hortons to open right next to a dunkin donuts. The donut shop is now another empty building in town.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Town Engineer Pat Bowen said, “Consider putting a condition on their rezoning to minor collision work because once you rezone it to motor service they could convert it to a full-blown collision shop.”
    Why is this important. The town has no issue putting anything anywhere for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Why is this important. The town has no issue putting anything anywhere for the most part.
    There is a collision shop just a stones throw south for this address.

This Location used to be Auto tune, there is a restaurant behind it, commercial property south of it, 3 other collision shops can be see out their front door. What the problem? there is more then enough work for all of them.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Give the guy what he needs to conduct business.

If you can put a Tim Horton's next to a dickie's donuts and drive them out of business the Dent Pro guy gets to do the same thing. We have MORE than enough donut shops in the area and didn't need another Tim Horton's. Same rules apply.

Thread Information