Thread: So it's been about 2 weeks....

Tony Fracasso - Admin

So it's been about 2 weeks....

So once you send in your voter registration form how long does it take until you are officialy in the party? Do they send you a membership type card?

not sure how long it takes. Usually they will mail you a registration card, and then a reminder card at election time telling you where to vote.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    OH so you do get like a membership card like sams clubs then. I joined the IP party seeing WNY republicans/democrates draw too thin of a line of who they are. My opinion is, it's the same old people flip flopping between each group doing the best for thierselves. With that said thats why the community suffers.

well its not as exciting as a Sams club card

Its just a Vorter card that will say IND instead of REP or DEM

It will also list your polling place.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Second question.

Once one is a party member how does one learn the structure of the party they joined. Basically i'm asking does any know of good technical reading type material on the basics of a political party.

The structure top down, who answers to who, what qualifications people have within political parties.

Or

Are political parties just "clicks" of connected parties trying to profit off the tax payer?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    ok time is dragging.. usually how long before you get your membership card once you join a party? Is it the same people for each party or is there a different group of people for each party handing out the cards??

Usually a party commitee member will give you a registration form, although they are available from the board of election.
    Just because a member of any party gave you a form does not mean he expects you to join his party, thats your choice.
    When you mail the form in or hand it back to be submitted you will be notified by mail before the next election or primary you will be legally able to vote in. You will also receive a card listing your party affiliation( if you chose on) and your polling place.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Thread Information