Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sabres 2017 2018 season.

The best thing about Dahlin is that he pushes everyone down a notch in terms of what they need to do. Risto won't have to play so much. I am pretty excited about Pilut, who's 22 and will be a pretty solid LH I think. I also think they are rebuilding the D to play a style of game that Housley wants and knows how to coach. So I don't expect Bogo to get too much time next season if things go according to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    The best thing about Dahlin is that he pushes everyone down a notch in terms of what they need to do. Risto won't have to play so much. I am pretty excited about Pilut, who's 22 and will be a pretty solid LH I think. I also think they are rebuilding the D to play a style of game that Housley wants and knows how to coach. So I don't expect Bogo to get too much time next season if things go according to plan.
    Well, this team better step up. We have some talent, not including goaltending now, and getting the 1st pick has me pretty energized for the 1st time in years
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Well, this team better step up. We have some talent, not including goaltending now, and getting the 1st pick has me pretty energized for the 1st time in years
    I think our goaltending is the result of really bad defense and players playing out of system.

My hope is that they pair Scandella with Risto and find a good pair option for Dahlin. The only RHD we have right now are Bogo and Risto. I really, really hope Bogo starts to play like a #3 draft pick but I just don't see it. Maybe Dahlin can bring the best out of him....

I have a feeling there are going to be some trades because Buffalo is loaded with LHD right now. Buffalo needs a sniper and a RHD in the worst way.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    I think our goaltending is the result of really bad defense and players playing out of system.

My hope is that they pair Scandella with Risto and find a good pair option for Dahlin. The only RHD we have right now are Bogo and Risto. I really, really hope Bogo starts to play like a #3 draft pick but I just don't see it. Maybe Dahlin can bring the best out of him....

I have a feeling there are going to be some trades because Buffalo is loaded with LHD right now. Buffalo needs a sniper and a RHD in the worst way.
    I can see that, but then I think back to other years when we had weak defenses and Goaltending made up for it. Not just Hasek, although obviously he was in another world, but Miller, Biron, Sheilds, et al.

BTW, in case you ever wondered, these are all the goalies we've had since Miller

33 Ty Conklin 2007 2007
    34 Jocelyn Thibault 2008 2008
    35 Mikael Tellqvist 2009 2009
    36 Patrick Lalime 2009 2011
    37 Jhonas Enroth 2010 2015
    38 Drew MacIntyre 2012 2012
    39 Michal Neuvirth 2014 2015
    40 Nathan Lieuwen 2014 2014
    41 Connor Knapp 2014 2014
    42 Matt Hackett 2014 2015
    43 Andrey Makarov 2015 2015
    44 Anders Lindback 2015 2015
    45 Linus Ullmark 2016 2018
    46 Robin Lehner 2016 2018
    47 Jason Kasdorf 2016 2016
    48 Chad Johnson 2016 2018
    49 Anders Nilsson 2017 2017
    50 Adam Wilcox
    HipKat's Blog

All this talk about goalies is much ado about nothing. If you guys would only tune into the brain dead brothers on WGR late in the afternoon you would know that goalie really doesn’t matter and you can pick pretty much any drunk off any bar stool in western NY and put him in goal. Also coaching doesn’t matter, as Schopp points out NHL coaches are completely interchangeable. You can have Ted Nolan or Scotty Bowman and it won’t matter. All that matters is some stupid “analytic” that these two clods found on some idiot website.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    All this talk about goalies is much ado about nothing. If you guys would only tune into the brain dead brothers on WGR late in the afternoon you would know that goalie really doesn’t matter and you can pick pretty much any drunk off any bar stool in western NY and put him in goal. Also coaching doesn’t matter, as Schopp points out NHL coaches are completely interchangeable. You can have Ted Nolan or Scotty Bowman and it won’t matter. All that matters is some stupid “analytic” that these two clods found on some idiot website.
    I'd rather watch paint dry than listen to those 2 idiots. Once upon a time, Bulldog was a great sports talk host - back when he was on WBEN radio, then he got paired up with Schopp and his brain fell out
    HipKat's Blog

WOW!! The expansion team LV golden nights make the SCF. The Sabres no playoffs again this year and last place in the leauge, last SCF showing was 1999. Oh, wait!! We have Kim pegula now running things. Jack Jack..
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Las Vegas, Converted Buffalo fans are swept into SC hysteria. Like FL around the gulf coast area and now vegas. Both areas are awash with transplants from this area and both areas have some great hockey. You just have to laugh at the sabers org.

Haha... Now, where have we heard this before? Dahlin has the potential to change the franchise forever. The media needs to write the story about a year after he plays. Remember Jack-Jack when he came oh my God the blonde anchore on ch7 I thought she was going to fall off her chair and pass out everytime she mentioned his name. Recently I had to fly out to Atlanta and sat next to a guy that was a real hard core sabres puck head and a die hard bills fan. We talked about the sabres mostly and is very upset which way this team is going. I told him there is no direction they are the worst team in the league. Asked him about kim pegula oldmoney bags wife. He said she has know idea what the hell she is doing same as the bills and football. But he did say Bills have a better shot of getting it right in the next few years.
    I told them both stink.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information