Thread: You know what I was told about an employee

Tony Fracasso - Admin

You know what I was told about an employee

Is this true?

Is it possible that a drugged addicted employee kept their job even though it's clearly not in us property owner's best interest?

Which political group tied our hands that would allow this to happen?

You see where I'm going with this and why it's time to remove all influence of incompetence from our town board.

Maybe the town has an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) and the employee is seeking help in a methadone program and being randomly drug tested. I have no idea but it could be possible.

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You terminate the employee if it opens us property owners to possible lawsuits. Specially if the employee can no longer do the job they were hired to do.

Go walk door to door and asked the property owners. "If an employee decides to get into coke or heroin and can no longer perform the job they were hired to do we fire them?" or, Do we continue to pay them for rest of their lives pushing them through different departments trying to figure our what to do with them? Err something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    You terminate the employee if it opens us property owners to possible lawsuits. Specially if the employee can no longer do the job they were hired to do.

Go walk door to door and asked the property owners. "If an employee decides to get into coke or heroin and can no longer perform the job they were hired to do we fire them?" or, Do we continue to pay them for rest of their lives pushing them through different departments trying to figure our what to do with them? Err something like that.
    Do you ever feel stupid with your "property owners" comments. I mean you are going back to NC in 1855. That's a little regressive, don't you think?

https://a.s.kqed.net/pdf/education/d...s-timeline.pdf

Originally posted by WNYresident:
    I agree with that.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I agree with that.
    You two must be living in the dark ages. The Pack has told me there's a pretty strong union in Cheektowaga. They were telling me that the board fired someone for high levels of alcohol and cocaine while driving a truck on the job. He ran into a tree. The union took it to arbitration and won. The arbitrator made the town take this sad sack back on the job.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Do you ever feel stupid with your "property owners" comments. I mean you are going back to NC in 1855. That's a little regressive, don't you think?

https://a.s.kqed.net/pdf/education/d...s-timeline.pdf
    Nope. This is for a local town board not the supreme court, federal/state level of elections.

I talk to far too many people who basically have one common tone. Our property taxes are too high. Well that can be fixed.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by SabreTooth View Post
    You two must be living in the dark ages. The Pack has told me there's a pretty strong union in Cheektowaga. They were telling me that the board fired someone for high levels of alcohol and cocaine while driving a truck on the job. He ran into a tree. The union took it to arbitration and won. The arbitrator made the town take this sad sack back on the job.
    Let the Union break open their checkbooks and cover that person's cost. I don't want employees like that working for us. I don't think any long term town resident would disagree with me.

Maybe it's time for the town board to say "Sue us" We are putting the property owner's best interest first.

I think in the long run if we spend 50k on this we'll make out better in the long run.

No excuse that our hands are tied. Someone tied them in the first place. Get rid of those people too. I'm not talking firing someone who had the wrong color shirt on or something silly.

Wrong..

Maybe you should ask the the Town Board what happened? They fired him immediately...The union took they too them to arbitration and they won! They were told the didn't offer him and type of rehab and or counseling and were told they had to hire him back..So let's put your hate for the town board aside...They did the correct thing any employer would do and were told it was wrong...So once again the Union won...

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Is this true?

Is it possible that a drugged addicted employee kept their job even though it's clearly not in us property owner's best interest?

You see where I'm going with this and why it's time to remove all influence of incompetence from our town board.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cheektowaga View Post
    Maybe you should ask the the Town Board what happened? They fired him immediately...The union took they too them to arbitration and they won! They were told the didn't offer him and type of rehab and or counseling and were told they had to hire him back..So let's put your hate for the town board aside...They did the correct thing any employer would do and were told it was wrong...So once again the Union won...
    Correct.

That was exactly what I was told.

This is what I posted

So who tied our hands? Who was in control when the labor contracts were gone over? The group of people who belong to the Cheektowaga Democratic Party who currently control our town board. Correct?

Why would the town cover someone's drug addiction rehab and counseling? Do you know how costly that is?

So the board is told you can't fire them unless you pay for rehab so they hire him back. Is it at the old salary/bene/insurance or were they dropped down to part time? Fair question.

If said employee does something that causes a law suit who is liable. The property owners or the Union who forced that employee to be hired back? Will they take that responsibly? If they won't why should we?

So lets say more employees become drug addicts. Do we just keep them on payroll and push them from position to position? Or, do we start covering rehab cost?

Why was this negotiated into the contract. That is the point I'm getting at.

That is the incompetence I refer to. Decisions that were made that directly effect the property owners in Cheektowaga.

Quote Originally Posted by cheektowaga View Post

Haha, that's a good one. Town board fires employee, wink wink , nod nod, we showed you, knowing full well he would get his job back and continue to contribute to the Democratic Party along with family and friends who are committeemen, who in turn choose council members, rinse repeat, it's the same story . There is no board vs union, they're one in the same, just good at putting on a show every once and awhile to snow people like you

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    Haha, that's a good one. Town board fires employee, wink wink , nod nod, we showed you, knowing full well he would get his job back and continue to contribute to the Democratic Party along with family and friends who are committeemen, who in turn choose council members, rinse repeat, it's the same story . There is no board vs union, they're one in the same, just good at putting on a show every once and awhile to snow people like you

No different than Tim Meyers putting "I'll never vote for a pay raise" vote for me when he knows as long as the rest of the Cheektowaga Democratic Party is on board the raises go through.

I'd put my foot down and say sue us. In the long run it would be in the best interest of us property owners.

Thread Information