Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Erie County's Medicad costs Skyrocketings

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    You can turn this post into another Buffalo Rising just like the Buffalo News is now
    What do you mean?

Wow! I am now lost on how this thread can discuss the article (and associated report) in today's Buffalo News when now I'm getting "picking flowers near the Central Terminal", ER's and micro hospitals. None of which are mentioned in the report or the News article.

What's the point of having a thread? (Actually Jennifer, what's your point - period?)

I think I've contributed something positive here. Some facts, anyway. Let's just say that in my opinion, what I got back didn't match what I contributed.

I hadn't posted anything here in months. I retuned to see if things had changed. Nope. Sayonara folks.
    Even as a great rock is not shaken by the wind, the wise man is not shaken by praise or by blame.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Yes you did contribute something positive.

Give me a moment I want to point out something in the article.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    What do you mean?
    The only report the positive news & and now are even making fake news stories up more & more or like the article about that Buffalo has the best weather in the country and referenced a fake web site and a story was written that Whole Foods lured all these people back to Buffalo and the names they gave are no were to be found or they don't match up to were the suppose to be from and/or their currently living in a different city and not Buffalo. PS that pic is hallway in the ER.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Whites comprise the largest single group of Medicaid recipients by race at nearly half, a fact Poloncarz and Erie County Medicaid Inspector General Michael Szukala said is not broadly understood by the public.
    What country does the "White Race" come from?

Wouldn't it be more fair to break up the chart by actual race like "Italian", "Polish", "Irish" if you are going to break up the stats by "African-American", "Asian","Hispanic" and/or "American Indian"?

Why didn't the news label the groups all by color?

The term "person of color" (plural: people of color, persons of color; sometimes abbreviated POC)[1] is used primarily in the United States to describe any person who is not white. The term encompasses all non-white peoples, emphasizing common experiences of systemic racism.[2][3] The term may also be used with other collective categories of people such as "communities of color", "men of color", and "women of color".[4] Person of color was originally equivalent in use to the term "colored", but usage of the appellation "colored" in the Southern United States gradually came to be restricted to "negroes".[5]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person_of_color

So with that definition should that chart be 47% white and 53% People of color if you are classifying people solely on the color of their skin?

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Erie County's Medicad costs are skyrocketings, Sounds like they are going to have raise taxes & fees. Erie County is blaming it on white people , But it's because most of Erie County population are senior citzens, but at 65 and Medicad kicks in, It's funny, most of these people worked all their lives and payed for it & earned it. Not like the welfare people, & the refugees from other countries http://buffalonews.com/2017/10/06/co...ack-2-billion/
    Ummmm No.
    You are confusing Medicaid with medicare.
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information