Thread: This needs to be discussed. What is going on in Erie County

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    I sure don't understand how someone who professes to have the perfect life, in the perfect place where everything is perfect and everything that's perfect eventually comes to stay in beautiful, expanding, glorious, perfect Pheonix, AZ but
    then spends so much time looking for way to denigrate the city she claims she turned her back on years ago.

What a sad little life you must actually live if you spend so much of it pathetically trolling for anything negative you can find about Buffalo, so you can race the the local WNY forums to rub it in people's faces. It's freaking sad. I can only imagine what horrible thing this city did to you to exact so much vengeance and so much sadistic glee when you stumble upon any little thing.

You're a real piece of work. I try to envision what people online look like based on how they talk, etc and you, I see as a less than average attractive, over weight, middle aged frumpy woman who never quite understood why everyone else had so much happiness while you were so lonely. I can see you sitting in the latest Walmart fashions, thinking it's a good thing no one could see who you really are hiding behind that keyboard. I'm not saying this is what you look like, just the impression I get.

Now before you type a bunch of lol's and tell me how wrong I am, hold that until you're ready to prove it. And if you're not willing to prove it, then I guess you're admitting I'm correct.

Hope you're not one of those people that claims to be as Christian, too......
    What people in Erie County call trolling is called reality and Erie County's worst days are yet to come, You better get a king sized diaper because with the shrinking tax base and the skyrocketing costs of providing the services and the corrupt local governments & unions don't give a SH*T They will keep raising property taxes higher, higher & higher untill people wont be to afford them and you won't be able to sell them either because they will be more houses for sale then buyers. They will forclose on house's to pay for their yearly raises, because their entiled to it and they will say if you can't afford to pay them or can't sell your house , TOO BAD IT's MIND MIND MIND . Speaking of how people look, Not only does most of Buffalo look like a zombie apocalypse has happed, but it also has lots & lots of walking dead.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What people in Erie County call trolling is called reality and Erie County's worst days are yet to come
    I agree with the poster "Jennifer".

I see no changes that actually make a realistic difference on labor cost in Cheektowaga and now we are reading that West Seneca is going to force property owners to pay upwards of 12% more in property taxes.

So why do we have "hidden" advertisers pushing no state convention?

I want to see real change in my lifetime that actually affects the property tax bill. Isn't a state convention the first step?

We need to change the rules that allow small groups of people to have a monopoly of services in small geographical areas. Specially when their "friends and family" are they ones negotiating contracts.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    43N Winners who move out of Buffalo

http://www.wgrz.com/news/43n-winners...ource=facebook

How do we benefit even if the 43N group owns 5% of the company?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    43N Winners who move out of Buffalo

http://www.wgrz.com/news/43n-winners...ource=facebook

How do we benefit even if the 43N group owns 5% of the company?
    OR..the #2 winner who is based in NYC...do you really think that they will remain in Buffalo after 1 year?? Where is the brain trust...if any, of these 43N sponsors?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Perhaps the profits from that 5% ownership funds this program our money isn't being used to fund this project.

http://www.43north.org/

3. Why should I enter 43North?

Could your startup use cash, to the tune of $500,000, $550,000, $650,000 or $1 million? How about mentorship, incubator space, tons of marketing exposure, connections to investors, freedom from state taxes and a whole lotta Buffalove? That’s what 43North offers.
    That's nice but then they leave after a year.

5. Will I need to pay anything if I become a finalist?

Nope! We offer an all-expenses-paid trip to Buffalo, including flights, hotel room, etc.
    That's nice to.

6. What are the eligibility requirements for entry?

43North is open to applicants ages 18 and older from anywhere in the world, in any industry, with the exception of bricks-and-mortar retail and hospitality.

Is your startup scalable with the potential for aggressive growth? Now we’re talking!
    That's nice but then they can leave after a year.

8. Does 43North take equity in my startup if I am one of the winners?

Yes.

43North winners, as a condition of their awards, must issue to 43North a purchase right or Warrant that enables 43North to purchase from the recipient a number of capital shares or membership interest equal to 5% of the fully diluted outstanding equity of the recipient at the time the Warrant is exercised. The Warrant will remain in effect for a period of ten (10) years following the date upon which the award is granted. The purchase price at the time of exercise will be the nominal amount of $100.00. For clarity, 43North would have the right to purchase a 5% interest in each recipient for $100.00 at any time during the ten (10) years following the date of an award.

43North will accept dilution of its 5% warrant coverage position only where an awardee is undertaking an equity financing based upon a valuation that exceeds the following thresholds:
    I wonder how much money 43 North has made against the 5% ownership.

9. Does my startup need to relocate to Buffalo, New York if I win a prize?

Yep, and if you ask our past winners, they’ll say that Buffalo, itself, is a prize.

Our winners are required to relocate to Buffalo for a minimum of 12 months. In addition to cash prizes, 43North winners receive free incubator space in Buffalo, mentorship from experts related to their fields and access to other exciting incentive programs. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.
    Apparently "Buffalo, is a prize" isn't enough to keep many of the businesses here.

14. Is there a cost to apply?

The cost to apply by our April 12th, 2017 Early Bird Deadline was $50. From April 13th through May 24th, the cost was $100.

15. Why do you charge a fee to apply?

Simply put, we’re looking for startups that are serious about their companies and our competition.

If you cannot afford our application fee for any reason, please let us know at info@43north.org and we’ll work it out.
    $50 to $100 isn't an amount I would say is serious. On a Friday night you can order a large pizza, double order of wings, something with bacon and a six pack for $50 bucks.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Another issue that needs to be addressed are groups that actively import people from over seas that use social services when they get here. Including then qualifying for more social service assistance once the refugee status is over.

I could see importing people because there is a need to fill jobs but we have unemployment in Erie County. I don't believe we need to import in many cases unskilled labor that directly adds to the cost to live in Erie County.

Correct me if I am wrong. If you look through the NYS website you will see that refugees including people here illegally will qualify for state assistance. They use the term documented or undocumented when referring to social service programs that are available.

Some programs may be funded with federal dollars but don't use property owners cover the salaries of the people who dole out those funds?

Thread Information