Thread: Constitutional Convention. Yes or No?

Constitutional Convention. Yes or No?

I would vote yes just to reign in the unsustainable public service drain on taxpayers.
    But since I don't live in NY anymore.
    I'll probably just watch the state crash and burn.
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

I understand your position but by the time the convention is taken over by the NYC crowd, which it will be, the drain will be far worse and be enshrined in the state constitution to boot, making it almost impervious to attack. As I’ve posted on other threads, the groups supporting the convention, eg the NYS Bar Association, the Buffalo News, the Syracuse Post Standard, NYPIRG, the League of Women Vultures, er, Voters, provide their own justification for voting against it.

I'll be voting no. Too much risk of what little freedom we still have in this state being taken away.
    The things they say we need it for, removing pensions from convicted politicians for example, can be done via laws or amendments
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'll be voting yes. If you want status quo vote no.

WNY, I respect your choice but if it passes and we get a new constitution you’ll have the status quo on steroids.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why can't we pass it and get a new constitution with less status quo?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Why can't we pass it and get a new constitution with less status quo?
    The convention will be dominated by NYC interests because that’s where the population is. We’ll get screwed, blued and tattooed.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    The convention will be dominated by NYC interests because that’s where the population is. We’ll get screwed, blued and tattooed.
    WNY already has been screwed, blued & tattooed not only by NYC interests, but also buy it's own Politian's who only care by their own self interests & the unions who own them, Half of a Century of doing this has destroyed WNY's ecomony, destroyed the infrasture and 50 years of neglect of upgrades & advances in public safety levels, such as Erie County's Fire & EMS Level is third world country level and in some cases, it's even worst then that. It's too late to do anything. The only question left is, is when does each Town, City, Village etc. go insolvent and how ugly is it going to get. Is it 2 years, 5 years or 10 years away. Untill Insolvent happens, taxes will continue to go up, Union workers will keep getting raises, There will be more decay, more empty & vacant buildings, more business's will close or relocate to other states, more roads, sideways & bridges with decay & crumble, more crime, Population & taxbase will continue to skrink as more people will leave WNY. And with all of the above, home value's with plunge.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    WNY already has been screwed, blued & tattooed not only by NYC interests, but also buy it's own Politian's who only care by their own self interests & the unions who own them, Half of a Century of doing this has destroyed WNY's ecomony, destroyed the infrasture and 50 years of neglect of upgrades & advances in public safety levels, such as Erie County's Fire & EMS Level is third world country level and in some cases, it's even worst then that. It's too late to do anything. The only question left is, is when does each Town, City, Village etc. go insolvent and how ugly is it going to get. Is it 2 years, 5 years or 10 years away. Untill Insolvent happens, taxes will continue to go up, Union workers will keep getting raises, There will be more decay, more empty & vacant buildings, more business's will close or relocate to other states, more roads, sideways & bridges with decay & crumble, more crime, Population & taxbase will continue to skrink as more people will leave WNY. And with all of the above, home value's with plunge.
    When WNY getting Stroke Ambulance's ? 5 letters NEVER https://youtu.be/X6sLkGYhYaI

Thread Information