Thread: Cuomo: Give in-state tuition to students affected by storm

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Cuomo: Give in-state tuition to students affected by storm

Cuomo: Give in-state tuition to students affected by storm

Will remove a "huge burden" on families

ALBANY, N.Y. (WBEN/AP) — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says his state should give in-state tuition rates to students from Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands who were displaced by recent hurricanes.The Democrat said Thursday he's asking state higher education officials to approve the change. He says assisting students from the two Caribbean territories will remove a "huge burden" as their families work to recover from the storms. Rates vary between schools, but the typical in-state student can save roughly $10,000 a year.

New York deployed personnel and equipment to Puerto Rico and the Virgin islands following hurricanes Irma and Maria. Cuomo says the state will continue to look for ways to help.
    New York authorized in-state tuition for students displaced by Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and the 2010 earthquake in Haiti.
    http://www.wben.com/articles/cuomo-g...affected-storm

You have to give the www.ecdems.com supported candidate some credit. He's never had an issue giving away other people's money.

He'll never stop. He's playing to the people he thinks will help him with his next election. This doesn't include ME, of course because I prefer working for what I get. However in Cuomo's eyes, people like me don't vote for people like him.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I just don't get what goes through his head. Does he sit there and think, what can we do to increase the budget.

Thread Information