Thread: How did the sewer cover end up in the grass?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

How did the sewer cover end up in the grass?

Girl suffers broken ankle after 12-foot fall into sewer in South Buffalo

A 12-year-old girl walking to school Tuesday morning fell down an open sewer drain and was stuck there for about an hour before a man walking by heard her cries for help.
    Grace Knox, a student at Southside Elementary School, was screaming for her mother when firefighters from Engine 25 arrived on South Legion Drive between Rutland and Melrose Streets, at about 8:30 a.m., according to Capt. Daniel O'Leary of the Buffalo Fire Department.
    Grace fell about 12 feet down into the sewer where there was about a foot of running water, fire officials said.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/10/03/gi...south-buffalo/

The cover to the sewer drain was found a few feet away on some grass when firefighters arrived. They also found Grace's cell phone out on the sidewalk.
    Workers with the Buffalo Sewer Authority were called to the scene to determine why the sewer cover had been removed.
    I wonder if kids pulled it off.

She must not have been watching! Was that caused by Texting?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't know other's opinions but I think some kids and some adults are too "into" their smart phones.

I have a few clients that literally text while going over projects/jobs. I would like to say "Are you actually paying attention to what I'm saying".

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    9 year old girl rescued in South Buffalo after she fell 12 feet into a sewer this morning. It did not have a cover on it. She was stuck there for an hour. News 4’s Angela Christoforos has details from the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I don't know other's opinions but I think some kids and some adults are too "into" their smart phones.

I have a few clients that literally text while going over projects/jobs. I would like to say "Are you actually paying attention to what I'm saying".

You’re absolutely right. Many’s a time I’ve seen some hapless millenial wander out into the street without looking as he or she texts or reads some critically important tweet. If they’re not careful someone is gonna come along and knock the tattoos right off them.

Those lids are not light at all, itll take your fingers off if its dropped on them. They use heavy duty magnets to move them, at least where I've seen them moved.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    You’re absolutely right. Many’s a time I’ve seen some hapless millenial wander out into the street without looking as he or she texts or reads some critically important tweet. If they’re not careful someone is gonna come along and knock the tattoos right off them.
    perhaps this is the answer...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl0JojWH1rQ

Thread Information