Quote Originally Posted by MaddMatt View Post
It is not dead in the water as they can continue to lobby both the zoning and town boards for approval/vote. I am meeting with representatives of the property owner this week to hear their side but I have made it clear to them that I believe this property should remain L1 zoned.

Matthew Walter
Lancaster Town Council
Yes, Gorga, the current concept before the Planning Board to rezone a portion of Eastport Commerce property for residential development use is dead in the water to the Planning Board for myriad reasons besides just losing developable LI property – and they have recommended to the town board that they by resolution deny rezone approval.

Why the applicant would be lobbying the ZBA is beyond me. As the Planning Board is but a recommending board and where the final decision rests at the town board level any ruling outcome is possible.

The Planning Board has tabled the applicant’s concept plan several times and has given the applicant abundant opportunity to come up with a plan that was acceptable. The applicant failed to do so and so a final decision was rendered to deny rezone.

The applicant’s ‘lobbying’ should fall on deft ears of the ZBA and Town Board members. I was at planning board meetings where the planning board presented serious concerns relative to the quality of life and other best interests of the potential homebuyers.

Lastly, Matt, are they lobbying just you as a town board member or have you become appointed as Town/Planning Board liaison?