Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only in Bflo

Unregistered

Only in Bflo

Only in Buffalo do they build a new children's hospital were there is already not enough parking spaces and the new Childrens has no cafeteria either.
    Nothing like having a sick kid in the hospital and having to walk over to BGH or find resturant to get something to eat or even for the staff who 12hr shifts making them leave the hospital to get something to eat in the cold long snowy winters

You see jennifer7, these weren’t really about medical care. These were about building hospitals without services in order to drive “economic development” because people will need a place to eat, and to try to force traffic on to the failed subway. What they will find is that doctors and patients will flee to medical facilities that are already superior eg, UPMC and Cleveland Clinic. The last thing a family with a sick member wants and needs is to inconvenienced by the hospital where the sick one is staying in.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    How can a hospital not have a cafeteria? Didn't the company that designed it bring that fact up?

Eating Joe's Deli would be fine with me.
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Date: August 25, 2017
    Contact: Michael Hughes, (716) 983-3731 or MHughes@KaleidaHealth.org

Buffalo-favorite brings healthy, homemade options to Buffalo Niagara Medical Community

BUFFALO, NY – Oishei Children’s Hospital announced today the addition of Joe’s Deli to the Hospital’s dining options. Opening this November, the Buffalo-based deli known for their award-winning, specialty sandwiches, soups and wraps will provide healthy, homemade options from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily.

Located on the Hospital’s second floor, Joe’s Deli will feature fan favorites from their three other locations including Jimmy’s Cuban, Reuben, The Cutlet, Gill’s Tuna Monster, I Love Lucy and Sweet Baby James, among others. In addition to the made-to-order sandwiches and wraps, offerings will include a soup station featuring four choices daily, ready-made hot entrée and sides, a salad bar, kid’s menu and a grab-and-go-cooler for people on the move. All menu items will be made fresh daily with seasonal, locally-sourced fresh ingredients.

“As a father of four, being a family-friendly restaurant is something we hold near and dear to us,” said Joe’s Deli owner, Joe Lyons. “That’s why opening a location in the new Oishei Children’s Hospital was really a no brainer. To provide the same feel, customer service and quality food people have grown accustomed to at our other locations to the amazing staff and patients in the medical corridor is an honor, and we look forward to continuing to serve the people of Western New York.”

Open 365 days a year, Joe’s Deli will provide an online pre-ordering platform and offer a loyalty card to reward frequent customers.

“We are thrilled to welcome Joe’s Deli to the Oishei Children’s Hospital,” said Allegra Jaros, President of Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo. “Not only will the addition of Joe’s Deli bring a new variety of healthy and homemade options to the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus, but the easy grab-and-go options and online pre-ordering capabilities will help save valuable time for staff and patients.”

The location within the Oishei Children’s Hospital marks the fourth Joe’s Deli location with others including the original location on Hertel Avenue along with Elmwood Avenue and Maple Road in Williamsville.

Taking after a tradition started on Hertel Avenue of customizing a menu item for each location, Joe’s Deli will work alongside Oishei Children Hospital staff to create a signature “OCH” sandwich available exclusively at the Hospital.

Joe’s Deli will join other dining options including Tim Hortons at the Oishei Children’s Hospital and Conventus Café at the Oishei Children’s Outpatient Center as well as a cafeteria in Buffalo General Medical Center.

Georgia L Schlager

Unregistered
    Hopsitals are 24/7 Nurses, staff, visitors in ICU eat & drink between 9pm & 11am

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    How can a hospital not have a cafeteria? Didn't the company that designed it bring that fact up?
    I think if you go back and look you will find quotes by officers of UB and others stating that these choices were deliberately made to encourage “ economic development” around the new “medical campus”. Another glowing example of such idiocy, our failed transit authority wasting millions on a subway stop upgrade because people will want to ride the failed subway just to see the new stop. I’ve ridden a subway or two, here and elsewhere, and the last thing on the minds of most riders is gaping at the beauty of the platforms and turnstiles. They want to get off or get on and that’s it. This type of dreamy idiotic nonsense is why this area continues to be mired in 5 decades of decay. People don’t go to hospitals to gawk at the subway stop or promote the local economy...they go there for quality medical care pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Hopsitals are 24/7 Nurses, staff, visitors in ICU eat & drink between 9pm & 11am
    Which is why they also have a Tim Horton's on site per the article. Also, the hospital is directly connected to Conventus, which has a cafe, without the need to go outside at all.

But I suppose it's easier to make crap up and post it on here to get a reaction.

Are the Timmy Ho and cafe 24/7? Prolly not. And the failed subway doesn’t run 24/7 either if memory serves which means those working late night will be denied the beauty of the new station and forced to find parking in the dark. Call me odd if you want but that’s not a part of town I’d chose to walk around at midnight.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Taking after a tradition started on Hertel Avenue of customizing a menu item for each location, Joe’s Deli will work alongside Oishei Children Hospital staff to create a signature “OCH” sandwich available exclusively at the Hospital.

Joe’s Deli will join other dining options including Tim Hortons at the Oishei Children’s Hospital and Conventus Café at the Oishei Children’s Outpatient Center as well as a cafeteria in Buffalo General Medical Center.
    I must just be stupid and that's why I don't run hospitals.

I think a proper cafeteria would be included in a hospital unless Joe's Deli is a full cafeteria that is just managed by "Joe's Deli"

I do agree with you though. People ride a subway as a utility not as an "Art" experience.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Are the Timmy Ho and cafe 24/7? Prolly not. And the failed subway doesn’t run 24/7 either if memory serves which means those working late night will be denied the beauty of the new station and forced to find parking in the dark. Call me odd if you want but that’s not a part of town I’d chose to walk around at midnight.
    Most Tim Horton's in hospitals are 24/7, the cafeterias from my experience are not though, no matter where you are. I'm sure the people going to Children's won't starve, this is a non-issue brought up by Jennifer to try to find fault with everything that goes on in Buffalo.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by OutsidetheBox View Post
    Most Tim Horton's in hospitals are 24/7, the cafeterias from my experience are not though, no matter where you are. I'm sure the people going to Children's won't starve, this is a non-issue brought up by Jennifer to try to find fault with everything that goes on in Buffalo.
    I see some validity with Jennifer's comment. Looking back over the years quite a few things were done based on politics or a developer's profit versus the community's best interest. I can't sit here and list them out but it has happened. Then again it's all opinion when it comes to what is best for the community.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

I think if you go back and look you will find quotes by officers of UB and others stating that these choices were deliberately made to encourage “ economic development” around the new “medical campus”.
    Yes, people need to eat 24/7 on hospital campuses.

No, they do not have a 24/7 cafeteria.

Yes, they planned to not have one.

While I can see where some of you are coming from (Jennifer is still a moron) I don't see how encouraging this idea is a bad thing. I don't think the exclusion of a 24/7 cafeteria is a bad thing. If we're being honest, when these cafeterias are open at 4am, it's not a full menu. It equal to a grab and go situation. At least from my experience from being a visitor to hospitals, sadly.

I think if there is a demand for a full service sit down 24/7 restaurant then one will be created around the campus. Does this mean you might have to put on a jacket in the middle of winter to cross the road? Yes. But sometimes that's not a bad thing TBH.

Unregistered
    I think if you go back and look you will find quotes by officers of UB and others stating that these choices were deliberately made to encourage “ economic development” around the new “medical campus”. Another glowing example of such idiocy, our failed transit authority wasting millions on a subway stop upgrade because people will want to ride the failed subway just to see the new stop. I’ve ridden a subway or two, here and elsewhere, and the last thing on the minds of most riders is gaping at the beauty of the platforms and turnstiles. They want to get off or get on and that’s it. This type of dreamy idiotic nonsense is why this area continues to be mired in 5 decades of decay. People don’t go to hospitals to gawk at the subway stop or promote the local economy...they go there for quality medical care pure and simple.
    Move out the hell hole and go move somewhere nice with a bright future, and start living the good life and you will ave lot's & lots of money to play it like https://youtu.be/oegC4941BdY

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post

I think if there is a demand for a full service sit down 24/7 restaurant then one will be created around the campus. Does this mean you might have to put on a jacket in the middle of winter to cross the road? Yes. But sometimes that's not a bad thing TBH.
    I suppose if there are restaurants in the hospital it's convenient as long as they don't have to leave the hospital.

It’s stupid. People go to a hospital to get medical care for a sick person, not to boost the local economy or help the failed transit system. If you inconvenience them enough they’ll go elsewhere. People are already fleeing WNY medical systems for places that provide better medical care. Why would we want to add more impediments to people using our systems? You really gonna attract top quality medical personnel by telling them there’s no parking but they can view the nice new subway stop while they fight their way to work? Spare me! Look, the medical school was dying and Kaleida was going broke. They resorted to the usual Buffalo solution to every problem...let’s build a building. It’s easier than really solving the problem and it makes the world safe for political payola...all in one feld swoop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information