Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Only in Bflo

On top of everything else, the whole idea was to revitalize the neighborhood. Putting delis & Timmy Ho in the hospital does none of that. Who knows, maybe the plan was really just anti-union, keeping the workforce down, especially those nasty low income workers who take up disproportionate HR time.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    It’s stupid. People go to a hospital to get medical care for a sick person, not to boost the local economy or help the failed transit system. If you inconvenience them enough they’ll go elsewhere. People are already fleeing WNY medical systems for places that provide better medical care. Why would we want to add more impediments to people using our systems? You really gonna attract top quality medical personnel by telling them there’s no parking but they can view the nice new subway stop while they fight their way to work? Spare me! Look, the medical school was dying and Kaleida was going broke. They resorted to the usual Buffalo solution to every problem...let’s build a building. It’s easier than really solving the problem and it makes the world safe for political payola...all in one feld swoop.

So if the reason why people go to a hospital is to get medical care...why do you care so much about food options? I am doubtful a parent looks up the lunch menu at the cafeteria before deciding if the hospital is the right place to take their sick baby.

You're being a bit of a queen here gramps.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I see it as a low cost convenience factor for the doctors and patient visitors. Like those on true fixed incomes or having the majority of their income go towards medical cost. I'm assuming here but I think a meal at a cafeteria if ran properly would cost less than a "custom named gourmet" sandwich at a specialty shop.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    So if the reason why people go to a hospital is to get medical care...why do you care so much about food options? I am doubtful a parent looks up the lunch menu at the cafeteria before deciding if the hospital is the right place to take their sick baby.

You're being a bit of a queen here gramps.

I’ve actually taken family members to a hospital so I know why people go to them. My problem is with idiots who make difficult the delivery of reasonable services like food and parking to people who need medical services and to the providers of those services so that they can pursue their own agendas that have nothing to do with the provision of medical care. As for the sick baby, you gonna cart it to the hospital on the failed subway, a subway that only runs part of the day, because there’s no parking near the hospital? You gonna hop a bus? You gonna call Uber? Or are you gonna incur the cost of an ambulance ride where one may not be necessary just so you don’t have to fart around with parking? Are those options how the medical staff are gonna get to work? Want to walk 6 blocks at midnight through that neighborhood in the middle of January? Neither will they. And I hear that new subway stop is so nice! You left WNY because of the bull****. Is that the way they plan medical care where you live now? And as I pointed out, into the bargain it hasn’t even achieved their short sighted, loony, goals. And just so you’re aware there’s been a behind the scenes scramble going on for a couple of years to secure dedicated parking in the area by those who realized early on what a pile of horse dung the planned lack of parking really is.
    Last edited by grump; October 3rd, 2017 at 07:37 PM.

Unregistered
    if Buffalo had a mass casualty incident like Las Vegas had, 100's & 100's would have died because WNY lacks ALS level & Paramedic's which Buffalo FD & 99% of WNY FD's are still not ALS Level, Paramedic Level in the year 2017 LOL not to mention theirs already almost a daily ambulance shortage and long waits. they wpuld have to get ambulances from Rochester area Niagara, Genesee, Wyoming & other counties which would have very long response times and 99% of tje, would not be Paramedic level either,

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    if Buffalo had a mass casualty incident like Las Vegas had, 100's & 100's would have died because WNY lacks ALS level & Paramedic's which Buffalo FD & 99% of WNY FD's are still not ALS Level, Paramedic Level in the year 2017 LOL not to mention theirs already almost a daily ambulance shortage and long waits. they wpuld have to get ambulances from Rochester area Niagara, Genesee, Wyoming & other counties which would have very long response times and 99% of tje, would not be Paramedic level either,
    Every Fire Truck in Las Vegas & Clark County NV are Paramedic Level (which is national srtandard) and also the FD's have own Paramedic Ambulance's, thats why 100's lived and their are 45 victims in the ICU's still alive because they got ALS/Paramedic Level care

I’ve actually taken family members to a hospital, so I know why people go to them.
    So if you have done this then you know food is not an issue for patients. If you're admitted, you eat food provided by the hospital, and that's 24/7. If you're an outpatient, you're there during normal business hours, so there are plenty of options. If you're in a medical crisis and in the ER, then you don't really need to focus on eating.

My problem is with idiots who make difficult the delivery of reasonable services like food and parking to people who need medical services and to the providers of those services so that they can pursue their own agendas that have nothing to do with the provision of medical care.
    Your problem is that you're a grumpy old man. LOL. GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

As for the sick baby, you gonna cart it to the hospital on the failed subway, a subway that only runs part of the day, because there’s no parking near the hospital? You gonna hop a bus? You gonna call Uber? Or are you gonna incur the cost of an ambulance ride where one may not be necessary just so you don’t have to fart around with parking? Are those options how the medical staff are gonna get to work? Want to walk 6 blocks at midnight through that neighborhood in the middle of January? Neither will they. And I hear that new subway stop is so nice!
    There is zero issue with parking for patients. ZERO. NONE. NADA. So drop the sick baby BS. There are parking issues for the employees. It's like 20,000 that work on the campus IIRC. For those employees, YES, they should be using the Subway, Bus and GASP walk.

People walk 6 blocks all of the time all over the US. Would I want to walk 6 blocks towards the 33 at midnight? Nope. But walking 6 blocks the other direction puts you in the most active and expensive neighborhoods in the entire city. See the problem with your generation Gramps is that you feel entitled to not only have a car but have a parking space provided for you to each and every destination you want to go. It's just one of the many reasons why the Boomer generation is the worst generation in US history.

You left WNY because of the bull****. Is that the way they plan medical care where you live now? And as I pointed out, into the bargain it hasn’t even achieved their short-sighted, loony, goals. And just so you’re aware there’s been a behind the scenes scramble going on for a couple of years to secure dedicated parking in the area by those who realized early on what a pile of horse dung the planned lack of parking really is.
    I did leave WNY because of BS. I did in my early 20s at the height of your generations power. You're generation is the BS!

Actually, there are parking problems for both patients and workers. And it was you who raised the sick baby issue, I didn’t! The whole area around there sucks and is as dangerous as hell. And I can tell you’re not part of my generation. We learned the difference between “you’re” and “your”.

Unregistered
    Actually, there are parking problems for both patients and workers. And it was you who raised the sick baby issue, I didn’t! The whole area around there sucks and is as dangerous as hell. And I can tell you’re not part of my generation. We learned the difference between “you’re” and “your”.
    That why theirs a gag order on any crime in the city's crown jewels (Medical Corridor & Canal Side) works well with the fake news,(aka the Local, TV, Radio, newspaper) but it can's stop the truth from going over twitter, instagram etc... and the word of mouth lol

Unregistered
    Why has a Police Station substation, rows of fencing, lots of lighting been added at Canalside ? They say To help with traffic.

Jennifer7, there’s been a similar gag order on crime in the Chippewa district as well. If people knew the true extent of the problems in those places the discussion would be far different locally. If they could cover up the murder rate in the City, the fake news fish wrap and the Democratic Party public relations office known locally as Ch. 2 News would do it in a heart beat. But that just can’t be hidden.

You got me on a typo grump. Good job.

Unregistered
    Jennifer7, there’s been a similar gag order on crime in the Chippewa district as well. If people knew the true extent of the problems in those places the discussion would be far different locally. If they could cover up the murder rate in the City, the fake news fish wrap and the Democratic Party public relations office known locally as Ch. 2 News would do it in a heart beat. But that just can’t be hidden.
    Also National Fuel is raising rates 26% it's on line in the Buffalo News if you want my info

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    You got me on a typo grump. Good job.
    Probably some damn dumb automatic spelling and grammar function.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information