Thread: Constructing the town's tentative budget

Constructing the town's tentative budget

In the real world, the CFOs and the like consider department heads views on what can and what cannot be cut in their individual departments.

The state comptroller's office also feels the input of the department heads is key.

Information Used to Prepare the Budget
    A good annual budget begins with sound estimates and well-supported
    budgetary assumptions. Spending levels and financial resources must be
    accurately gauged at budget preparation time to ensure that planned services
    are properly funded. To develop sound estimates, budget officers should avail
    themselves of as much pertinent data as possible. While valuable information
    is available from a number of sources, the budget officer should also work
    closely with department heads to develop a realistic annual budget.

https://www.osc.state.ny.us/localgov...getprocess.pdf
    It seems that that is NOT the case in this years tentative budget

From Communications for 10-2-2017

Georgia L Schlager

I read that gorja, I recall under Fudoli's administration having all departments propose a budget and hand it in to the Supervisor. I also recall Fudoli giving his department heads full opportunity to create a budget that benefits what the needs are for that department without jeopardizing services. Coleman is a micro-manager. That is a known fact all the way back to when she was the Town Clerk. In fact, I remember Giza calling her the boss.

I sense high tensions this year, especially during an election year, Coleman may loss her key supporter in the election. When asked about the override vote, Abraham said the budget was set. Really?????

From what was said at Monday's work session, there must have been a meeting of the minds after that email to consider the department head's input which is a good thing.

Georgia L Schlager

Thread Information