Thread: Trump's plan to cut refugees could hit Buffalo

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Trump's plan to cut refugees could hit Buffalo

Go read the article...

WASHINGTON — The number of refugees coming to Buffalo in the next year is likely to fall to its lowest level in more than a decade, under President Trump's pending plan to again cut America's program to welcome the world's outcasts.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/09/27/tr...lo-population/

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What have I've been saying all along..

"There's a big difference between gaining population and losing population, and for Buffalo, this could be that difference," said David D. Kallick, director of the immigration policy initiative at the Fiscal Policy Institute, an Albany think tank.

Buffalo has been losing population for decades. But the city's population has almost stabilized in recent years, thanks in large part to an influx of refugees and other immigrants.
    I have said in the past if it wasn't for the importation of refugees our community is losing population.

Refugees started pouring into Buffalo in the mid-2000s, after the city's four refugee resettlement agencies decided to ramp up their efforts in hopes of boosting the city's population.
    What is the point of boosting population if there is no job growth?

"Unless you're growing the population, you're not growing the economy," noted Eva M. Hassett, executive director of the International Institute of Buffalo, a refugee resettlement agency.
    Not so. Only economy you may be growing is the "government" economy.

The slowdown could mean less business for health clinics and other institutions set up to serve the refugee community, said Bill Sukaly, program coordinator for refugee resettlement at Catholic Charities of Buffalo.
    What supports clinics? Usually tax funds from net tax payers.. Correct?

"Some of the employers we work with count on a continuing supply of refugee workers," Sukaly added. "So it's going to have a big economic impact. It's a pretty big ripple effect."
    The employers really count on the federal tax funds to continue, correct?

ANd here it is.

That impact will be felt most severely at the refugee resettlement agencies, which laid off staff when Trump initially cut the refugee program. The agencies may have to cut more employees in 2018 as the federal funds they receive dwindle.
    And these agencies depend on "Government Money" to operate. Our money. Money that could be going into infrastructure repair or to people who are already here and need help.

The federal government recently canceled plans to begin refugee resettlement in Niagara Falls through Jewish Family Service of Buffalo and Erie County, and Marlene A. Schillinger, the agency's president, said she fears that there are worse days ahead for her agency's refugee program.

"I was driving around town today and I was thinking to myself: how are we going to make it?" Schillinger said.
    I'm going to be blunt but honest. Go get a job in the growing economy you are creating by using tax fund to import refugees into the community at someone else's expense.

We just have to read up a few paragraphs

Within a few years, refugee-owned groceries and other businesses opened in once-vacant storefronts on Grant and Niagara streets, as the West Side and Black Rock/Riverside came to be home to thousands of newcomers from Burma and other troubled nations.
    How are you going to make it? You can get a job at one of the grocery stores or other businesses that are now open.

"Unless you're growing the population, you're not growing the economy," noted Eva M. Hassett, executive director of the International Institute of Buffalo, a refugee resettlement agency.
    Not really.

Their real concern, it slows the growth of the welfare rolls and with it the perpetually indebted to to the Democrats. Don't believe me, stop by the Social Security office any day for the meeting of the local chapter of the Arab League. And you don't have to let in unskilled tribesmen to have economically stimulating immigration. Just ask the folks in Texas and North Carolina which have flourished thanks to immigration fro New York.

Awe the poor Democrats won't get their votes...

Good, we have 90 million working age people not participating in the work force and these liberal idiots want to bring more in... WHY?
    Illegal immigrants cost taxer payers 134 billion according to a recent study. Adding refugees is NY's answer to saving dying upstate towns,, too bad it is not going to work.

While we are going off. I applaud the proposed legislation to end federal deduction for state / local property taxes. Why should the federal government subsidize high tax states? Enough propping up.
    Let them fall. Then all the public service union people and liberals can live as one big happy family without the rest of us. Bye Bye Cuomo...I'm out of here.

And think!! There may be lay offs at International Institute and Journey's End...WHAT TO DO??!

Thread Information