Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo NY 3rd Most Distressed City in the US

Unregistered

Buffalo NY 3rd Most Distressed City in the US

Buffalo NY Ranked 2017 the 3rd most Distressed City in the US, https://www.citylab.com/equity/2017/...nities/541044/

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Buffalo NY Ranked 2017 the 3rd most Distressed City in the US, https://www.citylab.com/equity/2017/...nities/541044/
    better link
    https://www.follownews.com/americas-...d-cities-3k6or

Unregistered
    You think with Buffalo having the highest taxes in the country that keeps going up every year & Gilbert having the lowest taxes that stays the same and even gets lower sometimes has something to do with it ?

Gilbert, Arizona is # 1 and the most prosperous city in the country according to the Economic Innovation Group (EIG). Gilbert is touted as being a “young up-and-comer” with 99.9% of the population living in prosperous zip codes.

“It’s an exciting time in Gilbert as our community is transitioning from a small town to a strong and booming community,” said Gilbert Mayor Jenn Daniels. “The work of generations of community leaders and our smart financial planning has set Gilbert on a path of success and we are proud to be recognized as the most prosperous city in the country.”

The top 100 largest cities were ranked on seven criteria: housing vacancy rate, adults not working, the poverty rate, median income ration, change in employment, and change in business establishments. Learn more about this report

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Buffalo (northeast) has a few things going against it other than just bad politics, service monopolies and wasteful spending.

Weather come into play. Years before A/C was invented if you were down south you were hot 24/7. With A/C the south was still hot but now you could live in comfort.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Buffalo (northeast) has a few things going against it other than just bad politics, service monopolies and wasteful spending.

Weather come into play. Years before A/C was invented if you were down south you were hot 24/7. With A/C the south was still hot but now you could live in comfort.
    Columbus Ohio is in the NE and is booming, Pittsburgh PA & Allentown PA seems to be doing pretty good, just to name a couple
    Only time I put the AC on is from mid June to Sept. from 5pm to 7pm, because the newer houses are energy efficent , and I never use the AC in my cars & suv. I always have the windows down & the sun roofs open

Unregistered
    NYS just started airing a set of new commericals about it's the new NYS, new Low Taxes, They show and tells whats going in Rochester, Syracuse, Utica, Binghamton, Elmira & Poughkeepsie etc... What's missing is Buffalo & Niagara Falls.

Unregistered
    It's getting that time of the year again for each Erie County Town & Village to announce their yearly raising property tax increase and they wil say were only raising property taxes ___ % because we made cuts (bunch of BS) other wise the tax increase would have much higher LOL

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    NYS just started airing a set of new commericals about it's the new NYS, new Low Taxes, They show and tells whats going in Rochester, Syracuse, Utica, Binghamton, Elmira & Poughkeepsie etc... What's missing is Buffalo & Niagara Falls.
    Some of the commercials are misleading. They fail to mention "new low taxes" are based on incentives while other business/property owners are still the highest taxed in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

Rather ironic that the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, named after the company that made business growth in the south comfortable, isn't air conditioned and was hotter than the ovens of Hell for Paul McCartney last Saturday.

Columbus Ohio is in the NE and is booming, Pittsburgh PA & Allentown PA seems to be doing pretty good, just to name a couple
    Only time I put the AC on is from mid June to Sept. from 5pm to 7pm, because the newer houses are energy efficent , and I never use the AC in my cars & suv. I always have the windows down & the sun roofs open
    Allentown is a S....hole. but Pittsburgh is the bomb!
    Buffalo is about 20 years behind jus about any city I can think of even Allentown.

When is the last time you've been to Buffalo, Jennifer?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

You don't have to come to Buffalo to know that the city is a wasteland. The statistics back it up every step of the way. You want to talk poverty rate? You want to talk crime? You want to talk miserable schools? You want to talk grossly high taxation? You want to talk a declining population? You want talk bogus "economic development "?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Grump... how do you really feel

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    When is the last time you've been to Buffalo, Jennifer?
    2 years ago and canal side looks like the city dumps and not one penny of private investment anywhere says it all
    and the streets & roads falling apart everywhere,

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    You don't have to come to Buffalo to know that the city is a wasteland. The statistics back it up every step of the way. You want to talk poverty rate? You want to talk crime? You want to talk miserable schools? You want to talk grossly high taxation? You want to talk a declining population? You want talk bogus "economic development "?
    Come out to the desert and enjoy the Good life, lots of lakes, rivers & beaches in AZ too www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MwpnE1TeiIrl and you can go swimming, boating jet skiing & skiing in the same day in AZ too www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgpIlKk5r7A
    Last edited by jennifer7; September 28th, 2017 at 10:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information