Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buffalo NY 3rd Most Distressed City in the US

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Come out to the desert and enjoy the Good life, lots of lakes, rivers & beaches in AZ too www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MwpnE1TeiIrl and you can go swimming, boating jet skiing & skiing in the same day in AZ too www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgpIlKk5r7A
    Also No welfare people in AZ, because AZ has NO WELFARE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Also No welfare people in AZ, because AZ has NO WELFARE !!!!!!!!!!!!
    It seems that Maricopa county and the State of Arizona have a higher poverty rate than Erie county or the State of NY according to US Census facts

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    You don't have to come to Buffalo to know that the city is a wasteland. The statistics back it up every step of the way. You want to talk poverty rate? You want to talk crime? You want to talk miserable schools? You want to talk grossly high taxation? You want to talk a declining population? You want talk bogus "economic development "?
    Nonsense. Every city has poverty, every city has crime and I call BS on development. That's all I saw there was new everything. The Waterfront is amazing looking. We walked the entire thing from the southern most point up through the small boat harbor. Like I posted earlier, new businesses everywhere. Have you not driven Walden Ave out towards Pembroke? Transit Rd up towards Lockport? A Lot of new places downtown. And I didn't know until I got there that were were new businesses around the Larkin Bldg. And what really caught my attention was how many small businesses were still there and have been for decades. I did a job in the Fruit Belt and talked to people about how it's gone from the most dangerous to one of the least dangerous neighborhoods in the East Side - which overall looked a lot better than I remember. Sure, there are still some sections that need a lot of help, but most of it isd nothing like it used to be.

Anyone can cherry pick negative stories about any place. I really don't get it. If you hate it so much, leave. You and Jennifer can go run off and be miserable together
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Hip, I hate to be the one to break this to you by Walden out toward Pembroke & Transit Road ain't the City of Buffalo. Every city has poverty but not every city is the 3rd most poverty stricken in the country. Every city has crime but not every city is the murder capital of New York. Harbor place is already virtually empty. The medical corridor, including the new medical school that can't hold the medical school, is all taxpayer sustained and when the tax $$$ dries up it all goes in the dumper. We have a solar panel plant that is on its 4th owner, still hasn't produced a product and is already a white elephant while the owners continue to negotiate their exit strategy. We have a public school system that is no longer an institution of learning but a training ground for welfare recipients and future residents of the Greybar Hotel. We're still losing population, especially the most intelligent and productive. We have among the highest taxes and least effective city government in the country. Simple things like street plowing and maintenance are a puzzle to those in charge. And if you think national companies don't notice these things, you're wrong. In fact, the ones doing the cherry picking are the ones pointing out a new business here, another coffee shop there, the same old song and dance for the last 50 years. Until there is systemic change it's "down the road we go".

Unregistered
    How many tower cranes are up Buffalo right now ? Their are over 100 tower cranes up in Phoenix, Just yesterday another US HQ's opened in Gilbert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr-8idroVHs,

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    It seems that Maricopa county and the State of Arizona have a higher poverty rate than Erie county or the State of NY according to US Census facts

What brings the poverty rates higher in AZ in their are alot of indian reservations in rural areas and that's just there were of life is

Unregistered
    What Water Front development looks like in Ariozona, has parks, trails plus has several brand new modern looking mid rise building filled with Tech Co's, hub centers &, HQ's. and this is just Phase I, Phase II is under construction and their will be 5 Phases https://youtu.be/CofYTlxY_mE

Unregistered
    What Water Front development looks like in Ariozona, has parks, trails plus has several brand new modern looking mid rise building filled with Tech Co's, hub centers &, HQ's. and this is just Phase I, Phase II is under construction and their will be 5 Phases https://youtu.be/CofYTlxY_mE
    recreation uses too
    https://youtu.be/6xhAVjiG0tE

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=jennifer7;1751128]recreation uses too

You have to have Industries & growth to support Retail, Entertinment venues , Resturant's

https://youtu.be/0ukbsXcuSow

How many tower cranes are up Buffalo right now ? Their are over 100 tower cranes up in Phoenix, Just yesterday another US HQ's opened in Gilbert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr-8idroVHs,
    Comparing Phoenix to Buffalo is like comparing the Sun to a light bulb. Nobody here gives 2 squats about Phoenix and if it's SO great and you hater Buffalo SO much, like I asked before WTF are you doing on this forum, other than hiding in your safe place behind your keyboard because I promise you, if you were in any public place in Buffalo spouting out this nonsense, you'd probably get your ass kicked
    HipKat's Blog

What brings the poverty rates higher in AZ in their are alot of indian reservations in rural areas and that's just there were of life is
    Indian reservations here, too, smart ass
    HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    Here's what AZ's Canal Side's look like, it's called Private Investment www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFlwtCcNQzg

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    You don't have to come to Buffalo to know that the city is a wasteland. The statistics back it up every step of the way. You want to talk poverty rate? You want to talk crime? You want to talk miserable schools? You want to talk grossly high taxation? You want to talk a declining population? You want talk bogus "economic development "?
    Nailed that. The more they raise taxes year after year more people pack up and leave this area. but then we have canalside. Sabres, and Bills. A friend of mine told me his nephew and family are moving to south carolina better job less taxes.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    Nailed that. The more they raise taxes year after year more people pack up and leave this area. but then we have canalside. Sabres, and Bills. A friend of mine told me his nephew and family are moving to south carolina better job less taxes.
    Degraph Hospital is closing in the next week or 2, The only thing staying open is the ER for now, but to have the other 90% of the hospital empty doesn't make sense and more jobs lost.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    One day, the taxes will reach a point that people won't be able to afford them and their will be more for sale houses on the market then buyers causing property values to sink (all about supply & demand) It will be felt in the 1st ring suburbs first and It's not that far away either. in Buffalo you can you buy a house for $1, but you have to invest $50,000 or $60,000 to make it live a bowl and you can't sell for $50,000 either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information