Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just STFU - Trump and the NFL

One other thing I forgot to post. As far as disrespecting the national anthem oh, you do know that Francis Scott Key was a slave owner right? And that when he coined the phrase Land of the Free, he wasn't talking about black people.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    One other thing I forgot to post. As far as disrespecting the national anthem oh, you do know that Francis Scott Key was a slave owner right? And that when he coined the phrase Land of the Free, he wasn't talking about black people.
    And a few other things you forgot to post.
    During the time of Francis Scott Key over 90% of the earth had slavary.
    A large portion of those were black owners.
    As a matter of fact slave trade out of Africa would have been greatly restricted if not for the streamlining of black slave traders.

And just about every sub category of humankind has been enslaved at one time or another.
    There are very few places on earth where the black man has prospered more then the USA.
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    People murdered by police seems valid. I guess thats my bleeding heart liberalism talking though....

Here is how this will play out. I will list both specific and/or general examples and you will respond with something along the lines of thugs, drugs, welfare babies etc... thus strengthening my argument in my view and yours to you.

I will answer with it is a matter of personal responsibility not race, and that the predication of BLM based on Michael Brown and Hands up don't shoot was proven BS.

But I'll continue to wait for your examples of institutional racism.....Your first hand accounts of racism although sad are individual and not institutional. That is my point and there will always be racism. It's not surprising that liberals like yourself only see it one way. I know the liberal stance is to only discuss racism at the hands of whites, and not the other way around.
    Last edited by Save Us; September 26th, 2017 at 08:38 AM.

I don’t know about all of those things but I do know this. A lot of young black men went to Vietnam to fight for this country exit right and turn left and came home two cities like Detroit, Memphis, Birmingham, you name the city turn left. Walked into a lunch room or a diner or a restaurant and said down at the counter and couldn’t get served. Is that the country they fight for? Is that what they’re supposed to respect?
    That was over 40 years ago. The players taking the knee were not even born when this happened. It's the past. You're just making excuses for bad optics.

The point is there is a double standard when it comes to how races are treated in this country it’s always been like that, it hasn’t changed. Police brutality may have been the linchpin for how this protest started but it really points to a bigger issue, like I just explained. And yes you’re right about a lot of the things that you say and I don’t really have a leg to stand on because I’ve been guilty of being prejudiced and somewhat racist in my life but the bottom line is, this is what there’s trying to stand for and what’s detracting from the reason for the protagonist is all of the media , And remarks by Trump and people taking sides and turning it into a completely different issue. And sorry for the typos, voice to text blows in an iPad

There is a double standard as to how races are treated in this country. Until that changes, you're always going to have race issues.

As for police brutality, I admit that it does in fact happen. But to suggest it's an epidemic is downright stupid. To suggest it's more of an issue than black on black violence is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    That was over 40 years ago. The players taking the knee were not even born when this happened. It's the past. You're just making excuses for bad optics.

There is a double standard as to how races are treated in this country. Until that changes, you're always going to have race issues.

As for police brutality, I admit that it does in fact happen. But to suggest it's an epidemic is downright stupid. To suggest it's more of an issue than black on black violence is stupid.
    It's not much different, really. I think you're naive about how life in the hood is for many black people and I'm not trying to be insulting. I just have an image that you've spent the bulk of your life sheltered from the inner city and black neighborhoods. I mean, I could be wrong, but reading your comments just gives me that impression. I despise sagging pants and the "ghetto culture", but that that isn't a reason to be harassed by police. Stop & Frisk was a real issue and was ended for that exact reason - it was harassment, but Trump wants to bring it back. As a black man, how would you feel about knowing at anytime, you can be searched and accosted by police just because of the color of your skin and the clothes you wear?

I'm well aware of the crime levels in poorer neighborhoods but I'm also aware many blacks are treated by the police as if they're guilty from first contact. I don't think you can truly (nor can I, admittedly) relate to an encounter with the police from their perspective
    HipKat's Blog

It's not much different, really. I think you're naive about how life in the hood is for many black people and I'm not trying to be insulting. I just have an image that you've spent the bulk of your life sheltered from the inner city and black neighborhoods. I mean, I could be wrong, but reading your comments just gives me that impression. I despise sagging pants and the "ghetto culture", but that that isn't a reason to be harassed by police. Stop & Frisk was a real issue and was ended for that exact reason - it was harassment, but Trump wants to bring it back. As a black man, how would you feel about knowing at anytime, you can be searched and accosted by police just because of the color of your skin and the clothes you wear?

I'm well aware of the crime levels in poorer neighborhoods but I'm also aware many blacks are treated by the police as if they're guilty from first contact. I don't think you can truly (nor can I, admittedly) relate to an encounter with the police from their perspective
    The continued destruction of the nuclear family has done more to harm black families than any single causative agent. Not having children out of wedlock is a key element to avoiding poverty. Not having a father in household increases the changes of interaction with police by young people. Being married reduces poverty in all race classes.

You have to change the culture, this is what most liberals can't seem to grasp. We have thrown money at poverty for decades and what results have been produced? But the left and Democrats keep up this failed narrative, and repeat stupid talking points with no basis in facts. To do so would go against their collective self flagellating guilt. Here is another newsflash people aren't poor because of Bill Gates or the one percent. Warren Buffet didn't make anyone destitute.

This is why the left continues to look as stupid as they do.

Oh and the next time people need the police they should call a football player for F's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    I f ...you are an American Citizen? HE is YOUR President also...if you have that much discontent over a system that elected him ..you can always leave this country like as other hypocritical citizens say they would ...but haven't,,,don't let the immigration door hit you in the a$$ ..on the way out!
    He is THE President. Don't get confused here. You want to love your country. Remember that your country does not love you. It cannot.

b.b.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Old veteran owns the NFL!

I'm well aware of the crime levels in poorer neighborhoods, but I'm also aware many blacks are treated by the police as if they're guilty of first contact. I don't think you can truly (nor can I, admittedly) relate to an encounter with the police from their perspective

You're correct that I have not spent any part of my life living in poverty. I also agree that there is a disconnect in my set of values and those who live in poverty. For example, selling crack to your neighborhood can be justified if it feeds your family while to others can not only process it's breaking the law and they are unable to find righteousness in both breaking the law and destroying the neighborhood you live in. Some learn from a very young age, not to sh*t where you sleep.

This ghetto culture you speak of is way more than sagging pants. It's outright disrespect for the law and police. I know part of this comes from perceived unfair treatment by the police and courts, but part of it also comes from the general desire to have lawlessness so that one can pursue a life of criminal gain as that's easier than working your way out of poverty.

Here is the most interesting thought exercise I do with anyone who is discussing race + police. I ask one simple question, and it is:

If you think there is unfair policing in black communities do you want to 1) See a similar level of policing done in white neighborhoods or 2) want to see the policing done in black neighborhoods lowered to what is done in white neighborhoods.

The answer to this tells you everything you need to know. If they want Option 1, they want law and order and equality. Option 2 is they want more freedom to do bad things.

You're correct that I have not spent any part of my life living in poverty. I also agree that there is a disconnect in my set of values and those who live in poverty. For example, selling crack to your neighborhood can be justified if it feeds your family while to others can not only process it's breaking the law and they are unable to find righteousness in both breaking the law and destroying the neighborhood you live in. Some learn from a very young age, not to sh*t where you sleep.

This ghetto culture you speak of is way more than sagging pants. It's outright disrespect for the law and police. I know part of this comes from perceived unfair treatment by the police and courts, but part of it also comes from the general desire to have lawlessness so that one can pursue a life of criminal gain as that's easier than working your way out of poverty.

Here is the most interesting thought exercise I do with anyone who is discussing race + police. I ask one simple question, and it is:

If you think there is unfair policing in black communities do you want to 1) See a similar level of policing done in white neighborhoods or 2) want to see the policing done in black neighborhoods lowered to what is done in white neighborhoods.

The answer to this tells you everything you need to know. If they want Option 1, they want law and order and equality. Option 2 is they want more freedom to do bad things.
    You have to look into why blacks make up 52% of homicide arrests while only 6.5% of the population are black males. In my opinion it is due to cultural norms that have affected the nuclear family. What percentage of Asians are incarcerated? What are their cultural metrics? Why do they thrive and open up businesses and get college degrees when they come here with less money and government assistance than our own citizens, not even speaking the same language.

Cops don't pull black people off the streets and arrest them without cause, do they?

The best way to avoid these situations is to avoid doing things that increase your chances of interacting with the police,, then again that is the simple answer that doesn't satisfy the Left. Social justice warriors are perhaps the most clueless group of people I personally have every experienced. I know a guy that ran a red light in the city of Buffalo, He didn't get a ticket and was pissed because he thought it was only because he was white. I mean these people can't be more self loathing. Maybe the cop was tired, he got his ticket numbers, it was the end of his shift, he had another call... who the hell knows but this is how these people fan the narrative.

Are people protesting institutional racism or individual racism?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Buffalo Officials Respond To Criticism of BPS Searches, Checkpoints

BUFFALO - Buffalo, NY- Members of the Common Council’s Police Oversight Committee said on Tuesday that they have received data on the controversial police traffic checkpoints and said they hope to make the data public at an undetermined time in the future.

“We have moved I believe in a positive direction,” said Council President Darius Pridgen.

The meeting, however, was disrupted by protesters chanting “checkpoints are criminalizing poverty.” A study completed by the University of Buffalo and Cornell law schools contend that these checkpoints are part of a broader practice of unconstitutional and racially discriminatory policing in the city.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/buffa...ints/478835251

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    You have to look into why blacks make up 52% of homicide arrests while only 6.5% of the population are black males.
    This.

From what I can see, these activists don't want equal enforcement. They want equal outcome. Which means fewer blacks are arrested by police for criminal actions. It goes back to the mindset that some crime is not that big of a deal and just a part of the struggle.

From what I can see, these activists want police to leave them alone for the petty stuff because it gets in the way of their day-to-day.

It's why they always get stumped on that question. They have no even considered an outcome of equal enforcement and really just have their hearts set on equal outcome.

And as usual for liberal kabuki Fake Kauses.
    The latest FBI crime stats completely show that cops heavy handed treatment of blacks is a farce.
    https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/pr...ime-statistics

"The FBI released its official crime tally for 2016 today, and the data flies in the face of the rhetoric that professional athletes rehearsed in revived Black Lives Matter protests over the weekend. Nearly 900 additional blacks were killed in 2016 compared with 2015, bringing the black homicide-victim total to 7,881. Those 7,881 “black bodies,” in the parlance of Ta-Nehisi Coates, are 1,305 more than the number of white victims (which in this case includes most Hispanics) for the same period, though blacks are only 13 percent of the nation’s population. The increase in black homicide deaths last year comes on top of a previous 900-victim increase between 2014 and 2015.

Who is killing these black victims? Not whites, and not the police, but other blacks. In 2016, the police fatally shot 233 blacks, the vast majority armed and dangerous, according to the Washington Post. The Post categorized only 16 black male victims of police shootings as “unarmed.” That classification masks assaults against officers and violent resistance to arrest. Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer. Black males have made up 42 percent of all cop-killers over the last decade, though they are only 6 percent of the population. That 18.5 ratio undoubtedly worsened in 2016, in light of the 53 percent increase in gun murders of officers—committed vastly and disproportionately by black males. Among all homicide suspects whose race was known, white killers of blacks numbered only 243."
    https://www.city-journal.org/html/ha...sts-15458.html
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Then there's the black kid that dresses more like me than the other kids in his black neighborhood. He doesn't get accosted by the police so much, but the other kids beat the crap out of him....
    HipKat's Blog

This.

From what I can see, these activists don't want equal enforcement. They want equal outcome. Which means fewer blacks are arrested by police for criminal actions. It goes back to the mindset that some crime is not that big of a deal and just a part of the struggle.

From what I can see, these activists want police to leave them alone for the petty stuff because it gets in the way of their day-to-day.

It's why they always get stumped on that question. They have no even considered an outcome of equal enforcement and really just have their hearts set on equal outcome.
    Liberals aren't so good with math or statistics.

I think cops should under police these Hell holes and see what happens.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information