Thread: USA Anthem/Flag Protest By Athletes

USA Anthem/Flag Protest By Athletes

What's everyone's feelings on pro athletes kneeling or fists in the air protesting our National Anthem or Flag ?
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This is a tough one.

How are some guys bringing attention to oppression by not standing for the flag to something we hear about every day on the news. Its doesn't stop. 24/7. Constant race this race that...It has seemed to get far worse while President Obama was in office.

That is an issue between them and their employer.

What I have an issue with is people making statements against who is speaking with the imprimatur of the government.
    Last edited by dtwarren; September 24th, 2017 at 02:01 PM.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

2 things that get under my skin. 1 is "disrespecting people who fought for this country." Iraq, Viet Nam, Korea, a few others, like the Balkans war, et al were NOT fighting for OUR country and the other, as has been mentioned is those who fought for our country not being attached to the constitution, which is part of the "our country." The same constitution that gives us the freedom to speak out, to make a stand, to disagree and to protest the things we see as unjust.

The problem with too many people is that they buy into whatever their news source of the day is feeding them. Like the guy who said Trump is bringing this country back to greatness. The same Trump who has alienated our allies, turned his back on green energy - something the Chinese are looking at creating 3 MILLION new jobs - in favor of 700 new coal jobs. The same Trump that wants to end funding of the great lakes cleanup, remove millions of people from insurance rolls, give bigger tax cuts to the rich and still has yet to pass 1 substantial piece of legislation.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    2 things that get under my skin. 1 is "disrespecting people who fought for this country." Iraq, Viet Nam, Korea, a few others, like the Balkans war, et al were NOT fighting for OUR country and the other, as has been mentioned is those who fought for our country not being attached to the constitution, which is part of the "our country." The same constitution that gives us the freedom to speak out, to make a stand, to disagree and to protest the things we see as unjust.

The problem with too many people is that they buy into whatever their news source of the day is feeding them. Like the guy who said Trump is bringing this country back to greatness. The same Trump who has alienated our allies, turned his back on green energy - something the Chinese are looking at creating 3 MILLION new jobs - in favor of 700 new coal jobs. The same Trump that wants to end funding of the great lakes cleanup, remove millions of people from insurance rolls, give bigger tax cuts to the rich and still has yet to pass 1 substantial piece of legislation.
    Most of the country is booming, Trump did say at everyone of his thank you tour rally's, That he can't fix New York State, It's too far gone thanks to decades of the Clinton's and democrats, Trump also said NYS lost all of its business's and they took all the jobs with them "The people of NYS are fleeing, fleeing & fleeing"

I know a bunch of people who read this forum everyday, but they don't post. Many of them, think anyone who stays in WNY is "Nuts"
    Last edited by jennifer7; September 25th, 2017 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Most of the country is booming, Trump did say at everyone of his thank you tour rally's, That he can't fix New York State, It's too far gone thanks to decades of the Clinton's and democrats, Trump also said NYS lost all of its business's and they took all the jobs with them "The people of NYS are fleeing, fleeing & fleeing"

I know a bunch of people who read this forum everyday, but they don't post. Many of them, think anyone who stays in WNY is "Nuts"
    I'm leaving today after being in Buffalo for the last 3 weeks. I don't know when the last time you were here was, but it's pretty amazing here. I was shocked by how many old, long time businesses were still around. I was amazed by downtown, businesses in places that used to be lines of empty storefronts. Driving down Walden Rd from Pembroke into the Airport, there are many large office buildings that are new, mostly all technology industry based, and I do mean large, 6 story buildings. Hertel is amazing, especially at night, all those businesses are booming. Transit Rd from Maple up to Lockport filled with new businesses.

Even the typically bad areas of the East Side, including the Fruit Belt are cleaner, they feel safer, more houses filled by homeowners instead of renters. The garbage all over is gone, lawns are cut, flowers in front of the houses, etc. After everything I've seen for the last week, I can easily tell you, Grump et al to blow their nonsense right up your butts, because you obviously have no CLUE of what you're talking about. Matter of fact, you especially have no clue. None

And all this started WAY before Trump was President.

And one other thing, try to stay on topic
    HipKat's Blog

Overpaid athletes protesting in front of people that pay their salaries that actually may think that what their doing is Bull****?!

NFL viewership is decreased by 16%, So players get mad at Trump, piss off their patriotic fans by disregarding the flag and our national anthem, more people dump the NFL, and revenues go down.

Trump 1 NFL 0

And you guys think Trump is not a smart person.....Heh....

My husband and I are officially done with football as of yesterday. We weren't happy about the protests on field during the playing of the national anthem when it started last year, but now it has snowballed and is detracting from the game. I like soccer and baseball better anyway, unless they start this BS also. I have no problem turning off the TV and firing my cable company if necessary to prove my point. In my opinion, there's nothing better than a good book.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvinBuffalo View Post
    My husband and I are officially done with football as of yesterday. We weren't happy about the protests on field during the playing of the national anthem when it started last year, but now it has snowballed and is detracting from the game. I like soccer and baseball better anyway, unless they start this BS also. I have no problem turning off the TV and firing my cable company if necessary to prove my point. In my opinion, there's nothing better than a good book.
    Trust me, football will go on without you. But I support your right to protest
    HipKat's Blog

Thread Information