Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
G

Matt,
I refer to "a source" and stop playing politics. We know you were against the Dawson proposal and we know you changed your mind. You are being disingenuous.
Maybe I missed something but I don't recall ever being against that project. I had public conversations from day one that it shouldn't be a substitute for the soccer complex but might be a good short term solution to an additional field if we needed it. I was then turned onto the idea of using it for other rec facilities like tennis, pickle ball, street hockey, basketball, etc. that would allow for parking to be added within the current footprint. The town is short on some of these playing fields and the ongoing maintenance is much lower than a grass field. I defended the need for the appraisal by pointing out I also supported the significant time and money allocated to go after a grant (we don't believe we'll get) for the soccer complex. It would be disingenuous to support one park and not the other, in my opinion, just because of who came up with the idea.

As for playing politics, I don't really understand that statement. Am I playing politics supporting Dawn and Ron's project? or the Dawson Project? I have never voted for a resolution because of a favor to someone or because of some perceived debt. I promised to be an independent thinker and I have worked hard to remain so. Sometimes that means there will be a disagreement between board members or between different groups. Ultimately, I decide my votes based on experience and dedication to the citizens I represent.

As always, feel free to ask for my take on an issue and I'll be happy to give it if I can. We may not agree but I will always listen to your points and take any concerns into consideration before further actions are taken. All I ask in return is to take me at my word. I'm not a career politician, I just want to do right by my town.

Matthew J Walter
Lancaster Town Council