Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New global Amazon headquarters to Buffalo New York

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    This is a start

Buffalo and Rochester to work together on Amazon HQ proposal

http://wivb.com/2017/10/12/buffalo-a...n-hq-proposal/

So not only is WNY not a fit for multiple of the requirements from Amazon but the powers that be decide to submit a bit that goes against requirements that they could produce. Comical.

It's right in the damn RFP:

In choosing the location for HQ2, Amazon has a preference for:
    * Metropolitan areas with more than one million people
    * A stable and business-friendly environment
    * Urban or suburban locations with the potential to attract and retain strong technical talent
    * Communities that think big and creatively when considering locations and real estate options

HQ2 could be, but does not have to be:
    * An urban or downtown campus
    * A similar layout to Amazon’s Seattle campus
    * A development-prepped site. We want to encourage states/provinces and communities to think creatively for viable real estate options, while not negatively affecting our preferred timeline

Priority for Consideration (in no particular order):
    Amazon will consider the following site/building categories for the Project:
    1. Existing buildings of at least 500,000+ sq. ft., meeting the core requirements described above and that are expandable or have additional options for development nearby.
    2. A greenfield site of approximately 100 acres certified or pad ready, with utility infrastructure in place. The sites do not have to be contiguous, but should be in proximity to each other to foster a sense of place and be pedestrian-friendly.
    3. Other infill, existing buildings, including opportunities for renovation/redevelopment and greenfield sites, meeting the proximity and logistics requirements of the Project. This can also be a combination of the above.
    4. Please also consider the overall proximity of the buildings at full build-out as you are making recommendations.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So not only is WNY not a fit for multiple of the requirements from Amazon but the powers that be decide to submit a bit that goes against requirements that they could produce. Comical.
    I didn't say the people going for it were qualified.

I said it's a start.

while not negatively affecting our preferred timeline
    This is an issue. Time stand still for no one.

Unregistered
    I didn't say the people going for it were qualified.

I said it's a start.

This is an issue. Time stand still for no one.
    It's because there are so many other cities working together like the Bay area ( San Fran/San Jose/Santa Clara,) Amazon is looking for billions & billions of public money, free property taxes, free utilities, large subsidy for ever person hired etc.. and amazon is not providing no guarantee's, including on the number of jobs or time frame. It might not be a good deal after all for the taxpayers.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    It's because there are so many other cities working together like the Bay area ( San Fran/San Jose/Santa Clara,) Amazon is looking for billions & billions of public money, free property taxes, free utilities, large subsidy for ever person hired etc.. and amazon is not providing no guarantee's, including on the number of jobs or time frame. It might not be a good deal after all for the taxpayers.
    By rights retail shouldn't get 1 penny of anyone's tax dollars. Those would be dollars taken from businesses that Amazon will compete against.

Why should Amazon get a penny when they basically under cut pricing against any local retailer?

They are not a manufacturer who produces a product from raw materials. They are a retailer.

I wouldn't want one penny of any of my tax money going to help a company put me out of business. I believe most other retailers feel the same.

Unregistered
    The people in Erie County suburbs are paying the taxes and then all the tax money is being reinvested in Buffalo's ghetto's for new housing that's going to get destroyed and building new schools for the poor like at the Emerson Culinary schools & east side job training center etc...... How about share the wealth were most of the money is coming from

Unregistered
    Amazon's VP & board members were in Arizona this week, they announced their building a 10th operations in Phoenix and adding 1,000 job, The VP said Arizona is Phenomenon and are having excellent sucess & great results in AZ and AZ has a incredible government & workers. Several AZ Cities are now in the next round of biding for Amazon HQ2 with more detail bids Peoria AZ bid https://youtu.be/jJ7IEIicP2c

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Amazon's VP & board members were in Arizona this week, they announced their building a 10th operations in Phoenix and adding 1,000 job, The VP said Arizona is Phenomenon and are having excellent sucess & great results in AZ and AZ has a incredible government & workers. Several AZ Cities are now in the next round of biding for Amazon HQ2 with more detail bids Peoria AZ bid https://youtu.be/jJ7IEIicP2c
    Surprise's bid https://youtu.be/RfrfCZ8-LZI

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Good video... They should have ended it with... Let's grow together while helping a retail giant devastate small locally owned businesses across the USA. I understand how it works. The 50,000 who may work there will not worry about the 100,000+ more people they will put out of business. Capitalism is great

Good video... They should have ended it with... Let's grow together while helping a retail giant devastate small locally owned businesses across the USA. I understand how it works. The 50,000 who may work there will not worry about the 100,000+ more people they will put out of business. Capitalism is great
    WNY, it’s not capitalism when one competitor is receiving millions in government handouts.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That too. That is why I made a comment as a business owner I do not one penny of my tax dollars going to help a project like this. I certainly don't want to help the company that puts small businesses like myself out of business. That is counter productive

That is why I never understood why Buffalo wanted to lure basspro to the area with tax dollars. We currently have businesses in the area that would see that as competition. It's funny that "government" doesn't mind adding competition for others but when it comes to adding competition to "government services" they circle the wagons.

WNY, the NY Post has produced a number of fine articles on the upstate debacle that Il Douche has pissed away almost $2 billion on in the name of “economic development”. In addition to the Riverbend abortion, failed projects in Rochester, Syracuse, Albany and other places. All of which cost millions, none of which produced jobs, many of which led to indictments. In addition, while it’s not mentioned in the news here, SUNY had to bail out SUNY Technology with a $25 million emergency loan, the purpose for which the SUNY chancellor refused to disclose to her own board of trustees. In addition, Cuomo’s tools at Empire State Develoment handed it a $30 million grant to try to keep it functioning.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I think the only ones who profit the most with the IDA's are the lawyers. Think how many "billable" hours goes with 2 billion in IDA handouts. Quite a few people got rich off the deal.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information