Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancaster Residents fight Air Strip rezone and exspansion. Funded by FAA

Because it affects everyone

This thread was started even before the Bufnews article. It wasn't about back slapping.

This site promoted supporting others in their quest for safer airlines. I personally advocated for and supported the Clarence efforts.

My sister and her family live off Goodyear and my nephew can still to this day tell you the sights, sounds, exact time of that event. That plane flew directly over their home and crashed less than one hundred yards away.(Varifiable FACT)

Don't try and confuse the issues, then state ridiculous numbers to prove your for an air strip. If your for it, good for you - I'm not - I'm not apart of any group - I live in the path of these planes.

For twenty years I never complained - many others did. Enough is enough.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    My sister and her family live off Goodyear and my nephew can still to this day tell you the sights, sounds, exact time of that event. That plane flew directly over their home and crashed less than one hundred yards away.(Varifiable FACT)
    Well, if that's the case you should be trying to halt any progress with the BNIA, not the lancaster airport.

Please call a spade a spade

Quote Originally Posted by OutsidetheBox View Post
    BTW, here are some facts to debunk your claim that 3.4 Billion went to small airports:

The FAA distributed $3.34 billion in AIP funds to 2,610 airports. (Agreed, as I stated)

341 primary airports—airports with more than 100,000 passenger boardings each year—received $2.1 billion in AIP funds. That’s an average of $6.17 million per airport. (AIP= TAX DOLLARS, sugar coated doesn't change reality)

48 commercial service airports—airports with between 2,500 and 100,000 passenger boardings—received $93 million, or an average of $1.94 million per airport. (FREE TAX DOLLARS)

139 GA reliever airports received $214 million, or an average of $1.54 million (Reliever airports= Private hobbyist style air strips getting TAX DOLLARS and TAX EXEMPTIONS)

982 GA airports received $617 million, or an average of $628,000.

Combined, the 389 airline airports divvied up $2,199,335,046, averaging $5.5 million per airport. The 1,121 GA airports shared $831,717,227, averaging $741,942.
    You proved my point: $831,717,227, TAX DOLLARS - our tax dollars. Use that money to increase security, train pilots, but not to feed private venture air strips - the FAA is out of control.

The Lancaster Air Strip increases the safety risks for anyone in their flight path - which includes neighbors of the Town of Lancaster.

Supervisor Giza once said, "A plane can glide for miles before crashing - it doesn't always fall straight down."
    Last edited by 4248; February 23rd, 2010 at 03:16 PM.

$831,717,227, 000.00 TAX DOLLARS
    Check your quantity of zeroes again, or just tack a few more on to get people's attention. While you're at it, tack on fractions of a cent too.

There you go again

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    Well, if that's the case you should be trying to halt any progress with the BNIA, not the lancaster airport.

Progress is not the problem - safety is. I want the BNIA and the FAA to become more progressive and safety minded.

You need to be able to let go of an issue when your fighting some thing just because your bored.

Get the facts - no job creation - unsafe conditions admitted to and verified by poor planning, tax exemptions, Political contributions, doesn't make a safe air strip.

1. No one is disputing what happened in Clarence and that some additional safety regulations need to be in place for regional airline pilots. With that said, it has very little to do with the Buffalo-Lancaster Airport expansion and non-conforming use, which by your first post in this thread you were looking for some support from those that may have been closer or more directly affected by the Clarence crash.

2. While you claim my numbers are “ridiculous”, they are fact. I’m not confusing any issues, I’m calling you out on your claims. And I apologize to the members of SAC for thinking that you were a part of that group.

3. All of a sudden your claim of 3.4 billion being wasted has been diminished down to 831 million. That’s over a 75% drop. Yes, regardless of the amount, those are tax dollars. However, as I’ve stated elsewhere, you only pay the tax if you use an airport. Consider it more of a use tax, don’t want to pay it, then don’t fly.

You claim this money should be spent to increase security and train pilots. I bet some of the money has been used to increase security (ex. Adding perimeter fences (even at Lancaster), renovating terminals, etc.). As for training pilots, why would this money go towards training individuals? You wouldn’t want toll money collected by the NYS Thruway to go towards training bus drivers, would you? I would think you would want it to go towards its intended use, improving the physical infrastructure. That’s how the Airport and Airway Trust Fund is set up, money collected at airports goes back to airports.

You can claim reliever and GA airports are only owned by private entities for only recreational use til your blue in the face, but the realities are different. I’ve posted elsewhere what other services use these airports but I won’t repeat myself here.

4. I’m not sure what your quote by Giza has to do with anything, but he is somewhat right. Depending on the aircraft and type of emergency, an airplane can glide for some distance (ie. Miracle on the Hudson Airbus) or it can come straight down (ie. Clarence crash)..

With all that said, the only reason I keep responding to some of your posts are that you continue to spread misinformation that I don’t want others to take for gospel.

You tried this before:

[quote=OutsidetheBox;610206]1. No one is disputing what happened in Clarence and that some additional safety regulations need to be in place for regional airline pilots. With that said, it has very little to do with the Buffalo-Lancaster Airport expansion and non-conforming use, which by your first post in this thread you were looking for some support from those that may have been closer or more directly affected by the Clarence crash.
    First your partly correct I posted this under " Amherst,Clarence and WILLIAMSVILLE" not just Clarence. You keep trying to focus on Clarence.

2. While you claim my numbers are “ridiculous”, they are fact. I’m not confusing any issues, I’m calling you out on your claims.

3. All of a sudden your claim of 3.4 billion being wasted has been diminished down to 831 million. That’s over a 75% drop. Yes, regardless of the amount, those are tax dollars. However, as I’ve stated elsewhere, you only pay the tax if you use an airport. Consider it more of a use tax, don’t want to pay it, then don’t fly.
    Again, you put up the $831Million number, not me! I just agreed thats a ridiculous amount!

I have always stated "The FAA gave away $3.4 BILLION TAX DOLLARS" as backed up by an article in USA today Titled :
    "FAA low priorities get $3.5B in grants" "CLICK HERE to read it"

"WASHINGTON — Airports have spent $3.5 billion in federal money since 1998 on projects the Federal Aviation Administration rated as low priority because they do little to improve the most pressing needs in the nation's aviation system, a USA TODAY analysis shows.
    The money comes from a program that is supposed to improve aviation safety."

You claim this money should be spent to increase security and train pilots. I bet some of the money has been used to increase security (ex. Adding perimeter fences (even at Lancaster), renovating terminals, etc.). As for training pilots, why would this money go towards training individuals? You wouldn’t want toll money collected by the NYS Thruway to go towards training bus drivers, would you? I would think you would want it to go towards its intended use, improving the physical infrastructure. That’s how the Airport and Airway Trust Fund is set up, money collected at airports goes back to airports.

Sir, Please quit throwing in other issues. Thruway!!!!!!!!

You can claim reliever and GA airports are only owned by private entities for only recreational use til your blue in the face, but the realities are different. I’ve posted elsewhere what other services use these airports but I won’t repeat myself here.
    Good, because I never claimed, "reliever and GA airports are only owned by private entities for only recreational use." - again your quoting your self - I never brought th GA airports up as stated - you did. Read your own posts!
    Just because you read, other air strips are used for these reasons doesn't mean the Lancaster Air Strip is - you even stated/insinuated "Military" use - NONSENSE! I noticed you omitted that this time. Good move!!!!!!

4. I’m not sure what your quote by Giza has to do with anything, but he is somewhat right. Depending on the aircraft and type of emergency, an airplane can glide for some distance (ie. Miracle on the Hudson Airbus) or it can come straight down (ie. Clarence crash)..

Exactly my point again - Thanks - If a plane flys out of the Lancaster Air Strip - It can, even under engine failure conditions, its can end up miles away from Lancaster before crashing - hence we have concerned residents from other Towns.

With all that said, the only reason I keep responding to some of your posts are that you continue to spread misinformation that I don’t want others to take for gospel.

You keep responding because you disagree with residents becoming active when they have concerns. You disagree because its not in your best interests to support some one Else's issues. You did the same thing with many of my posts and other posters.

But you offer no help - no solutions, no positive input. In December you tried the same thing about this issue - you don't quote Gospel either, Sir!

I don't quote Gospel either, I quote FACTS and Opinion - I encourage others to decide to get involved or not - to exchange opinions and hopefully help.

Thanks for Your time.

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    There weren't enough 'high fives and back patting' going on in the lancaster thread so they created another one here. Sometimes mold spreads if left unattended...
    that's incorrect, we have many who has expressed support in the Lancaster thread. You are once again telling untruths.

You have been inappropriate from get go sir. Shows how small you are.

To clarify box, Buffalo Lancaster Airport is privately owned but used publicly. Since they went Reliever Status they had to allow it to be a public used airport. However, it is a privately owned GA strip.

4248 was not centralizing his viewpoints on Clarence, actually you are the one that keeps mentioning it.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    To clarify box, Buffalo Lancaster Airport is privately owned but used publicly. Since they went Reliever Status they had to allow it to be a public used airport. However, it is a privately owned GA strip.

4248 was not centralizing his viewpoints on Clarence, actually you are the one that keeps mentioning it.
    I was the one that told you guys that Lancaster is a public use airport, because months ago everyone kept saying it was private and you didn't want to believe what I was saying back then! It's always been a public use airport, always!

Airplanes fly over all of WNY so why not post your thread in every town section then!

And 4248, the military does occasionally use GA airports for training. I have seen on numerous occasions military helicopters out of Rochester (I believe) at airports across WNY and the Finger Lakes. Don't want to belive me, fine don't but it does happen.

Despite what you want to believe, I have no problem with groups becoming active and involved in their community. And 4248, you certainly do quote OPINION.

As far as my thruway comment, it's called a comparison.

March 11th - Lancaster Town Hall Meeting concerned neighbors welcome.

Lancaster Town Hall 21 Central Ave - March 11th 8:00PM , will be the ZBA's - Zoning Board of Appeals meeting to discuss the zoning for Lancaster Air Strip located at 4343 Walden Ave. Lancaster NY.

for more info , Click below to contact SAC (Safe Aviation Coalition) of Lancaster, NY

SAC_Lancaster@roadrunner.com

Thank You all!

Just a reminder and a thank you!

Town Hall 21 Central Ave - March 11th 8:00PM , will be the ZBA's - Zoning Board of Appeals meeting to discuss the zoning for Lancaster Air Strip located at 4343 Walden Ave. Lancaster NY.

FAA is out of control - $3.4 Billion spent on "Private Venture Air Strips" not public safety - private play grounds for private plane owners at tax payers expense.

Please tell a friend and try to attend - this affects hundreds of area residents and near by Towns , not just Lancaster.

Just a reminder and a thank you!

FAA is out of control - $3.4 Billion spent on "Private Venture Air Strips" not public safety - private play grounds for private plane owners at tax payers expense.

Paid for by the Aviation Trust Fund or taxes from the general fund? If airport capital improvements are paid for by the trust fund, then that money comes from taxes on everything from fuel surcharges to tickets fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    Paid for by the Aviation Trust Fund or taxes from the general fund? If airport capital improvements are paid for by the trust fund, then that money comes from taxes on everything from fuel surcharges to tickets fees.
    Exactly. That is one of the reasons our tickets are rising in cost to develop the slush fund to fund the GA airstrips for pilot hobbiest.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Exactly. That is one of the reasons our tickets are rising in cost to develop the slush fund to fund the GA airstrips for pilot hobbiest.
    Even though GA airstrips only receive about 25-30% of the trust fund money and the rest goes to airports servicing airliners. And keep in mind, all GA aircraft have to pay taxes on avgas so they do contribute to the fund as well.

The biggest reason for airline tickets getting more expensive probably has a lot more to do with the price of oil than it does fees and surcharges (although there is a relatively new security fee that has been added to tickets).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information