Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Ball - Crystal Peoples Stokes

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm surprised. No response. I think it is a fair question before cutting a check to attend the event.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I just messaged Crystal through this facebook page. The first page I messaged Crystal on removed my post.

https://www.facebook.com/cpeoplesstokes

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm disappointed in this person.

I emailed two facebook pages they have including the email address that sent me the announcement.

I think it's a fair question to ask how much of the "political donations" are going to the charity.

Trust them just verify what they say. I think that is fair.

Anyone know who their main contact is? We can ask them how much of the proceeds are going to charity.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This is the page I sent the question to.

I know it's active because I see an update from yesterday at 5:01 pm

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I went to follow up to see if I received a response and now the facebook page is gone.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm surprised I did not receive a response.

Gorja,

Do political fund raisers have to report who they are giving the proceeds to?

"Partial proceeds will be given to the Community Health Center of Buffalo Mobile Medical Unit"

Will the amount be filed at the board of elections?

WNYresident -

Don't you think the invitation refers to the theme of attire for this event?

I don't think for a second the intention you imply is true.

This is an annual campaign fundraiser for Crystal Peoples, and has been for many years, with all people welcome.

Perhaps better wording would have helped; and I don't see challenges to other, especially GOP, fundraising events with this kind of scrutiny here.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I'm surprised I did not receive a response.

Gorja,

Do political fund raisers have to report who they are giving the proceeds to?

"Partial proceeds will be given to the Community Health Center of Buffalo Mobile Medical Unit"

Will the amount be filed at the board of elections?
    I have no idea. I'm not that politically involved. Breezy may know the answer

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Ooops, I didn't see Breezy had already answered

Georgia L Schlager

http://www.elections.ny.gov:8080/pls...erid_in=A11896

Or the main page: http://www.elections.ny.gov/CFViewReports.html

This is where I found out Dickman gave campaign money to Brainard in 2015!

And also where I found Dickman funded the New York State Independence Party with a large check - so much for this man claiming to be a concerned citizen seeking a position on the Town board; rather, it shows a political type masquerading as a wholesome newcomer.

And it's completely legal for political committees to donate to charity, which, by the way, makes more sense than some of the mailers this year, mostly the mailer about welfare fraud from Legislator Morton, and the crazy flag mailer from County-wide Republicans; that money would have been much better spend on charity, or maybe even donated to Mark B.'s soup kitchen in Lancaster.

Here's an interesting read-
    https://onrockaway.com/report-titus-...inority-teens/

The charity, which was formed in 1985, has in the past vowed to increase the percentage of its revenues that it spends on scholarships. In the nonprofit’s official program for the 2015 retreat, then-Chairwoman Crystal Peoples-Stokes — an Assembly member from Buffalo — stated that “we intend to double the amount of scholarship funds given to students in their respective districts.”
    That didn’t appear to happen, however, The group’s tax return covering the prior year’s retreat showed $32,000 going to scholarships, while the return covering 2015 boosted that amount by only $3,700. An aide to People-Stokes noted scholarship spending was basely solely on lawmakers’ tickets sales for gala. “So it’s always the goal of that year’s chairs to increase the number of scholarships given, but that’s solely determined by dinner ticket sales,” she said.
    Besides a concert and the annual gala, the charity pays for an invite-only “chair’s reception,” awards ceremony and a VIP reception, according to Peoples-Stokes’ office, but it does not pay for other receptions sponsored by various groups.
    Looks like she's just another BSer

Georgia L Schlager

Here's an interesting read-
    https://onrockaway.com/report-titus-...inority-teens/

Looks like she's just another BSer
    Maybe not, how many other politicians hold such events?

But I sure don't think the charity's low percentage to scholarships is appropriate, either, as this story outlines, and some of the overhead expenses are disgraceful.

I doubt David DiPietrio ever tried raising $32,000 for any scholarship!

I also don't see any other local officeholder at least trying to raise any money for scholarships where there was not one.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    WNYresident -

Don't you think the invitation refers to the theme of attire for this event?

I don't think for a second the intention you imply is true.

This is an annual campaign fundraiser for Crystal Peoples, and has been for many years, with all people welcome.

Perhaps better wording would have helped; and I don't see challenges to other, especially GOP, fundraising events with this kind of scrutiny here.

Thank you.
    I don't know what it meant. The "I'm offended at everything crowd" looks at everything.

Did you read my post?

I had to read this twice to make sure I read what I did.

"An All-Black Affair"

How should this be taken?
    How should it be taken?

I know what it is and if you look back I always post up the event.

Breezy just send over anything from a GOP fund raiser you find questionable.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    And it's completely legal for political committees to donate to charity, which, by the way, makes more sense than some of the mailers this year, mostly the mailer about welfare fraud from Legislator Morton, and the crazy flag mailer from County-wide Republicans; that money would have been much better spend on charity, or maybe even donated to Mark B.'s soup kitchen in Lancaster.
    how about helping find how much was donated by peoples and you can easily start a thread bashing the people you don't want to see in office. I'm fine with that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information