Thread: Editorial - Local Goverment Hiring

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Editorial - Local Goverment Hiring

Voices were heard this past week from nearly every corridor of Amherst asking how our newly appointed Highway Superintendent could hire a Republican stooge for the position of Deputy Highway Superintendent.

There is a procedure used by political parties, in this case the Republican Party. The Republicans are in power in Amherst now as they have been for the entire history of Amherst, with the exception of 3 years.

A member of the Republican Party approached Bob Anderson, who they feel could win the Highway Superintendent position in November. They promised Bob the endorsement of the party, with enough money to swamp the opposition. What Bob had to promise is a list of favors to the Party to be honored now and in the future. First, hire Joe Speth, a Republican moppet who has previously been given jobs at the Board of Elections, an aide to the Legislature, among others. Now Bob Anderson, our newly appointed Highway Superintendent, has hired a man without any highway experience to the second highest paying job in the Highway Department, a job where he is second in command to direct the Highway Department if anything happens to Bob Anderson.

At a time in Amherst when our taxes will increase by another 20% next year, Bob Anderson's need to be elected is crushing his conscience so he can lie down with the dogs. Our tax dollars will pay for the hiring of Anderson's political appendage to secure his own position at the Highway Department. At this present moment Joe Speth is draining the blood from the taxpayers who pay his salary without earning it.

Mr. Speth got the job because his is a Republican, Vice Chairman of the Amherst Republican Party and Chairman of the Amherst Zoning Board of Appeals.
    His Republican friends on the Town Board are defending Joe by saying that his resume for the job was outstanding. This is comical because the job was never posted. Their fabrication of his resume is protected by law.

If we want to see real changes in government the public must hop into the frying pan and fight for them.

© Copyright 2003 by Speakupwny.com

By James Tricoli
    Jun 8, 2003, 21:20

Unregistered

Thumbs down

Jim:

I don't know how anyone can take what you say as serious. I have seen your childish displays at Town Board meetings in the past and I remember the night you were arrested for disorderly conduct. You must think people have short memories.

You have been exposed.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Good guess but nope.

You can find Jims articles at www.amhersttimes.com...

I saw this on a website called www.amhersttimes.com

I posted it seeing it seemed like something that should not be happening if the person isn't qualified for the job. There are too many items that are hush hush that happen with patronage type jobs. Don't you agree? Or do you find people getting hired as favors a good thing for the community? If we pay people with our money to do a job, we want only the ones needed and the ones qualified. Just because they are an election board worker, or republician doesn't me crap to the guy that pays the bills.

Didn't the mayor of lackawanna just get hired at the water department like I think another amherst highway supervisor did?The Lackawanna guy still wants to run for mayor while doing the county job. What a JOKE!!!! If you can do both jobs then apartently one isn't a full time job and shouldn't have full time pay or beni to begin with.

But no once again this isn't Jim, you can find his items on www.amhersttimes.com

WNYresident. < One of the people that pays the bill.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

OH yeah....:)

You should check out www.lancasterreview.com and www.insidecheektowaga.com theres two other sites stating the way it is in WNY and then there is politicswny.com that is a good over view of what the elected leaders are up to.

Thread Information