Let's honor the nameless commuters soon free of GI toll booths

The Grand Island toll booths are expected to come down in March, which means civic leaders will eventually need to choose someone to make the ceremonial first drive through the open area where the tolls, for so long, have served as a barrier.Rather than a politician behind the wheel, here's a suggestion: Why not find a few commuters who've handled that daily grind for 50 years or more, men and women who've spent some astounding number of cumulative hours waiting at those toll booths to pay up and keep driving?If you know anyone who qualifies, send the names this way. If nothing else, I'll get them in the paper – thus honoring the grassroots effort from which this unlikely movement came to be.
http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/23/se...i-toll-booths/

Rather than a politician behind the wheel, here's a suggestion: Why not find a few commuters who've handled that daily grind for 50 years or more, men and women who've spent some astounding number of cumulative hours waiting at those toll booths to pay up and keep driving?
Am I wrong but the tolls are not going away. You are still going to pay.

Many of us thought we'd never see the day. Western New Yorkers have griped about those toll booths for 80 years and counting with a sort of weary, this-won't-ever-go-away acceptance. The best toll booth memories many of us can muster involve the occasional moments when some generous stranger would pay a double toll at Grand Island and say to the person in the booth: "Hey. Take care of the car behind me."
You are still paying...