Thread: State says to close Sloppy Joes and MF Gates

State says to close Sloppy Joes and MF Gates

WBEN reported St. Joe's to close, but I can't change the title of the thread. Not so.

http://www.nyhealthcarecommission.or...westernrac.pdf

Only one listed- Millard Fillmore Gates Circle Hospital- Decertify acute care beds and close

Decertify acute care beds at St. Joseph’s Hospital, converting to alternative community based services.
    "At a minimum, a head of state should have a head."- Vladimir Putin

So, the Evil Empire wants to close St. Joe's...why did they recently give them a two million dollar grant? Screwy.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy
    So, the Evil Empire wants to close St. Joe's...why did they recently give them a two million dollar grant? Screwy.
    Please reload the page. Sorry about the gaffe on my end- I should have verified WBEN before posting the title.

I take exception to the term "Sloppy Joes"
    It is a first rate hospital now. Years ago St. Joes had a very bad reputation as a place to die. They are now one of the best hospitals in WNY.
    And no, I don't work there, but I have been there many times and each time, I have been treated with dignity and respect.

Quote Originally Posted by cobruce
    I take exception to the term "Sloppy Joes"
    It is a first rate hospital now. Years ago St. Joes had a very bad reputation as a place to die. They are now one of the best hospitals in WNY.
    And no, I don't work there, but I have been there many times and each time, I have been treated with dignity and respect.
    As a teen, I was subject to two operations there- both failed- the third was done in a doctor's office and that time it was done right.

My wife works there, and from her descriptions of the day-to-day operations, it's not much better. Then again, that's not to say these blunders aren't typical of all hospitals.

When I was a Firefighter at Rescue, I used to cringe when seriously ill people would be taken to St. Joes, because I knew they didn't have a chance. I now support this hospital 100% as they have recruited a very good er staff. I went there while having a heart attack and the er staff did a terrific job. On floor care was a little lax from the aides, but the RNs, LPNs, and house DRs. were great. I wouldn't hesitate sending someone there now.
    As you stated your Wife works there. If shes been there for a few years, even she must admit that the hospital has changed for the better. I don't believe any hospital is 100% at patient care.

Thread Information