Thread: Fish wrap leaves me perplexed

Fish wrap leaves me perplexed

I read another antic article in the fish wrap today explaining away the failure of retail in Harborcenter...the beer tent is in the way, there's a fence there, the signs are no good, blah, blah blah. The businesses failed for the reason all businesses fail...there's insufficient demand for the product. Not to worry we're told. When all the people move downtown everything will be fine. But wait, the fish wrap has been reporting for years that people are flocking downtown to fill the overpriced apartments and condos being built just as fast as they can be completed. Why, you can't walk 3 feet without stumbling over a millenial, likely one who hasn't washed in about a week, or the thousands of expatriates leaving low taxes and plentiful jobs in the south to return to good ole' Buffalo, presumably for all the jobs being created in coffee shops and the like. Then out of the blue those nasty updated census figures are released showing it's all fake news. I can't wait for the opening of One Empty Plaza, er, One Seneca Tower, to be marketed, I guess, as 1 floor of retail and 35 floors of empty. It's been a tried and true model for the Statler that sits at least 95% empty years after its grand "revitalization".

Dam you hit that mail on the head -
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Thread Information