Thread: Go Green! Conserve More! Save Money = LIES

Thumbs down Go Green! Conserve More! Save Money = LIES

Is it me, or is this big push for everything and everyone to 'go green' a bunch of BS? National Grid ran a radio add this fall stating that is you use less electricity that your electric bill will be cheaper... however, that may be true over the short term, that is false over the long term as the engery companies, ie National Grid, National Fuel, will just raise their rates to offset everyone 'conserving'. Meaning we as consumers, conserve, yet pay more.

We use less, yet pay more for less. So whats the point of conserving?

In 2008, I went up to the power plant in Niagara Falls to help my cousin with a few things... i wish I had gotten a picture... we are talking, HUNDREDS of BRAND SPANKIN new, F150's F250's F350's in their parking lots... brand new, that the 'near bankrupt' power authority had just bought. Fleets of these trucks...

And we as consumers are supposed to believe that the cost of creating electricity at the falls plant has gone up?

Seems to me, the more we turn down our heat, the more we turn off our lights, switch to toxic CFL's.. drive less... buy less... use less, the more we pay.

most folks argued that when gas prices hit $4 a gallon there was no 'drop' in consumer travel... yet it came out, a few months later, that consumer consumption of gasoline fell off a cliff when gas hit $4 a gal. And hasnt actually recovered to its pre $4 consumption levels.

Yet gas still remains, $3 a gallon...

How many of you have switched from incandescent to CFL's? and other energy conserving products, while first seeing a significant drop in your utlity bills, only to see those same bills begin to creep back up?

this whole conserving thing to me, seems like a big line of bull**** aimed at further destroying the wealth of the middle class.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We use less, yet pay more for less. So whats the point of conserving?
    Looks like there is no point.. We'll all be dead when there is no more energy so don't worry about it Don't be wasteful though

Green=more PC BS...IMHO
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Thread Information