Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SolarCity Site To Now Become New Super Flea

Tony Fracasso - Admin

SolarCity Site To Now Become New Super Flea

I thought this was funny

SolarCity Site To Now Become New Super Flea

Whether it was called SolarCity, Tesla or Panasonic, the biggest question of when the huge expensive building that the “Buffalo Billion” brought to South Buffalo would finally be opened has been answered: this weekend from 8:00 am -5:00pm. The 1.2 million square foor facility will become the new home of Super Flea & Farmers Market, which had it’s former home on Waldern Avenue in Cheektowaga turned into a Walmart.
    http://tommunist.com/2017/07/solar****tysuperfea/

Don't feel bad - Musk pulled out a few million for himself and Cuomo will probably forgive the job production claw back.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Tesla fired hundreds of employees in past week -Mercury News

Oct 13 (Reuters) - Luxury electric vehicle maker Tesla Inc ( TSLA )

fired between 400 and 700 employees this week, including engineers, managers and factory workers, Mercury News reported on Friday, citing interviews with former and current employees.

The dismissals were a result of a company-wide annual review, a Tesla said in an emailed statement, without confirming the number of employees leaving the company. http://bayareane.ws/2gb3PB8
    https://www.fidelity.com/news/articl...ED_L4N1MP00A_1

This whole enterprise is barely hanging on since Trump put an end to the federal Elon Musk support program.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Tesla fired hundreds of employees in past week -Mercury News

https://www.fidelity.com/news/articl...ED_L4N1MP00A_1

This comment has nothing to do with Buffalo but these types of terminations are common. It means nothing. Telsa, Inc has 33,000 employees. Letting go 500 employees would be just 1.5% of the company.

Bank of America culls about 10% each year IIRC. The bottom 10% of performers. It's healthy.

The public sector should try it.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It's means something because it came up on my Fidelity news feed for stocks and mutual funds I own. For the record at this point I want see that plant pump out 1000's of panels a month. I'll have an opportunity to make money if that plant takes off. I'm not hoping it fails, I hoping it take off and the owner of Telsa in involved.

Buy on the rumors, sell on the news.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    This comment has nothing to do with Buffalo but these types of terminations are common. It means nothing. Telsa, Inc has 33,000 employees. Letting go 500 employees would be just 1.5% of the company.

Bank of America culls about 10% each year IIRC. The bottom 10% of performers. It's healthy.

The public sector should try it.
    Leftie, normally I might agree with you. But this outfit has a horrible record of meeting production and financial targets. They’ve been known to use accounting practices that are, shall we say, exotic. And more than one analyst has suggested that their reporting of financial data comes dangerously close to material misstatement.

you two realize the layoffs were for Tesla Motors right?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It's all owned by the same group isn't? Tesla motors/batteries/ etc...

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    It's all owned by the same group isn't? Tesla motors/batteries/ etc...

It's a massive company. It's not connected.

The terminations were a result of performance reviews. http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/13/4819750/ It appears they have a problem in making enough of the cars people want to purchase and they are shaking up the staff to make more cars.

Again, not saying this has anything to do with Buffalo. That its own situation. This is not a gotcha or a sign related to Buffalo.

Unregistered
    It's a massive company. It's not connected.

The terminations were a result of performance reviews. http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/13/4819750/ It appears they have a problem in making enough of the cars people want to purchase and they are shaking up the staff to make more cars.

Again, not saying this has anything to do with Buffalo. That its own situation. This is not a gotcha or a sign related to Buffalo.

Solar City went bankrupt because the US solar panel market is a diasater, that's why no bank would give Solar City a loan to build a factory anywhere in the US but NYS was so desperate, NYS begged them & threw 750 Million at them. Then NYS beged and threw millions more at Tesla, when Tesla took over Solar City, Tesla stock shares plunged. PS I posted on this on board when Solar City plant broke ground that 4 mega sister solar panel plants in AZ were closed or never openned. LOL put they didn't say empty long they were purchased by Apple, Intel, Boeing & Amazon

But Leftie, that’s one of my points. Tesla purveys fake news about itself so frequently that it makes CNN blush. It’s certainly a sign related to Buffalo if the company is in trouble. It supposedly has 450,000 orders for its latest car line and its produced what, 600? And they’ve effectively surrendered on the Buffalo project already, turning production over to Panasonic, a company that produces one of the least efficient panels in the industry and the 4th vendor involved to date and they’ve yet to produce a unit of product.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    But Leftie, that’s one of my points. Tesla purveys fake news about itself so frequently that it makes CNN blush. It’s certainly a sign related to Buffalo if the company is in trouble. It supposedly has 450,000 orders for its latest car line and its produced what, 600? And they’ve effectively surrendered on the Buffalo project already, turning production over to Panasonic, a company that produces one of the least efficient panels in the industry and the 4th vendor involved to date and they’ve yet to produce a unit of product.

To have an honest conversation you need to separate Tesla Motors and Tesla Solar. It does not seem like you can do that.

As for Tesla Motors, they do have a manufacturing problem.

But there still is room to correct it. Musk mentioned that just now, with 450,000 pre-orders, is Tesla getting the attention from the A team of suppliers. How do you explain that outside of possible collusion? Of course, there are some that suggest Musk should outsource the production to other plants....UAW plants.

It's a difficult patch for sure but creating something new is never easy. Read up on some of the challenges the personal computer companies ran into in the 70s. Very similar.

As for Tesla Solar, it's a dud so far.

I'll give you that. I used their calculator, and it would cost about $82,500 to install a new solar roof and two battery packs at my home. Minus a tax credit of $20,400, the out of pocket is $62,100. This is with a 30 year 100% warranty. A high-end traditional roof would be about $15,000. But comes typically with a 20-year warranty. So for 30 years, you're looking at $22,750.

That's the disconnect. That said, my typical electric bill is about $145.00 a month. Over 30 years that's $52,200, and that's only if Electric costs do not rise for the next 30 years.

Do you mind sharing how much you were paying for electric in 1987 Grump? Do you mind sharing how much the cost of gas was in 1987? Go back to 1987 and consider how well an electric car would have been received. Solar roofs have a similar challenge.

How much money does the average home pay for Electric and Gas? How much more would a home be worth if Electric and Gas were included in the purchase price? This is the sales question, Grump. If/When people look at homes with or without utility bills as part of their valuation system, the solar roof cost no longer becomes and issue.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'll give you that. I used their calculator, and it would cost about $82,500 to install a new solar roof and two battery packs at my home. Minus a tax credit of $20,400, the out of pocket is $62,100. This is with a 30 year 100% warranty. A high-end traditional roof would be about $15,000. But comes typically with a 20-year warranty. So for 30 years, you're looking at $22,750.

that's the disconnect. That said, my typical electric bill is about $145.00 a month. Over 30 years that's $52,200, and that's only if Electric costs do not rise for the next 30 years.
    Or

You buy your $22,750 roof and put your ($62,100 out of pocket - $22,750 normal roof) = $39,350 into your retirement savings. $39,350 / 360 months = about $109 a month.

https://www.daveramsey.com/smartvest...nt-calculator/

I entered 37 current age plan to retire at 67 for a 30 year window.

Entered $0 saved for retirement and will contribute $109 a month. 6% annual return.

It calculated $39,240 in contributions with a growth of $70,372 for a total of $109,612 over 30 years.

Deducted your $52,200 you spent on electricity $109,612 - $52,200 = $57,412 ahead of the game. You can buy another roof in 30 years with some left over.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

OR

Get your roof and take that $39,240 dollars and bank it now.

$39,240 at 6% over 30 years should = $226,006 using that same calculator.

$226,006 - $52,200 electric bill = $173,806 ahead.

Even if electricity doubled in price ($173,806 - $104,400) = $69,406

You can buy a new roof at 30 years at double the price and still have money left over.

Let's say the cost has doubled. Your new roof is $45,500. $69,406 - $45,500 = $23,906

That final figure is if your electric bill doubled and the cost of your replacement roof doubled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information