Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SolarCity Site To Now Become New Super Flea

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Or

You buy your $22,750 roof and put your ($62,100 out of pocket - $22,750 normal roof) = $39,350 into your retirement savings. $39,350 / 360 months = about $109 a month.
    I hear you but for many it goes beyond just the basic economics.

A solar roof is better for the environment. Some of the power in North Carolina comes from coal plants. I would love to not use coal.

Many, including myself, want to avoid paying companies like cable providers, power companies and oil companies. It's the only way to break them.

In Southern California the power company SDG&E was found responsible for a fire that caused billions of damage. They wait a couple of years and then get a rate hike to cover the cost of the bill for the damage. In North Carolina Duke Power caused a ton of water issues with their coal plants. They were forced to close them down and clean them up. They, as well, are going to seek a rate hike to cover the cost. I am all for a free market but this is not that. The system needs to be broken.

Leftie, the 30 year 100% warranty is worth exactly squat if there’s no one there to back it up. Solar City/Tesla Solar is already notorious for it failure to provide necessary follow up service and warranty fulfillment. I would suggest that you scrupulously read any agreement with this bunch of schnooks very carefully and then read it again and then have someone else read it too, preferably Perry Mason, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Leftie, the 30 year 100% warranty is worth exactly squat if there’s no one there to back it up. Solar City/Tesla Solar is already notorious for it failure to provide necessary follow up service and warranty fulfillment. I would suggest that you scrupulously read any agreement with this bunch of schnooks very carefully and then read it again and then have someone else read it too, preferably Perry Mason, if possible.
    I agree 100% that if a company does not exist the warranty is worthless. That said, a 30-year warranty is a huge reach and companies need to consider the timeline and the likelihood of being in existence in 30 years. It's why KitchenAid (est. 1919) / Whirlpool (est. 1911) only put out a 1-year warranty on their $3,500 refrigerators. Sadly, I know about this.

What you also seem to overlook is that Tesla Solar is now a part of Tesla Inc. In order for the Tesla Solar warranty to be worth exactly squat the entire company would need to fail. That's not the same as looking at a warranty from Solar City.

It's always buyer beware. Everywhere.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm still curious why we don't see solar panels of any type on top of the solar factory.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information