Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ruffino's Response in the Bee

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster Resident View Post
    I do believe that all that want to should freely express their opinions on Speakup and bring facts to the readers. So on that I agree with you Therising. However, everyone should do so in a respectful manner.

On your question as to if the TB members are elected to represent all of the citizens or only those that express their opinions at Town Hall meetings, and elsewere. Ideally the TB members represent all of the Lancaster citizens. However, how does one do that, and not all issues affect all residents. Unfortunately most residents are poorly informed and therefore not empowered to have a well thought out position of what is best for them, and other residents. So that puts too much power without a check and balance in the hands of the TB members, unless some motivated citizens keep a watchdog check on them. This is a very important public service that the people that voice their opinions at TB meetings, and elsewhere, serve. So we should be expressing our gratitude to them. You, and others, are free to debate the analyses and opinions of these citizens in a rational and respectful way. Indeed Lancaster would be governed much better if many more people did so. Finally, for those issues that affect a subset of Lancaster residents then the TB should be acting in the best interest of those residents, since the rest of the Town is not directly affected by the issue.
    A spirited give and take, is a good thing... Let's continue and hope more will join. The future of our town depends upon it.

This was nicely executed Lan. Res.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    On more than one occasion, I've expressed admiration,....
    Expressing admiration is different than admiring.
    Same goes for respect etc..
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

I am sure everyone has read this past weekend's Bee responses to Ruffino's response of last week's editorial.

Slam dunk. Very negative response to you Mr. Ruffino, our town council board member.

It may well appear now that Ruffino is a political liability to the Democratic Party.

Talking Shortstuff I would agree BUT !

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I am sure everyone has read this past weekend's Bee responses to Ruffino's response of last week's editorial.

Slam dunk. Very negative response to you Mr. Ruffino, our town council board member.

It may well appear now that Ruffino is a political liability to the Democratic Party.
    Thank you for having some in site into the need for change but thats in the future and nows the time to stand up a be accounted for All the people that are pro or con to the Town boards actions of allowing $8,000,000.00 be spent on a half a building should be at the meeting and pro for or pro against. because if the residents show up they will send the message loud and clear. Rufffino will not be able to avoid the issue. $8,000,000.00 for a no plan 1/2 a building or back to square one and look at the facts that, that building on Walden Ave. is junk.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    Thank you for having some in site into the need for change but thats in the future and nows the time to stand up a be accounted for All the people that are pro or con to the Town boards actions of allowing $8,000,000.00 be spent on a half a building should be at the meeting and pro for or pro against. because if the residents show up they will send the message loud and clear. Rufffino will not be able to avoid the issue. $8,000,000.00 for a no plan 1/2 a building or back to square one and look at the facts that, that building on Walden Ave. is junk.
    yeah, that you are right about!!! What do we do with Ruffino now?

were you on M.A.S.H.?

Talking Stevenco wow thats cool !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenco View Post
    were you on M.A.S.H.?
    I can see why you have over 8,000 posting, spelling out works of wisdom and substance!!!!!!!!! Hope to see you at the Town Board meeting on Monday 2-22,2010

Talking People need to support change !

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    yeah, that you are right about!!! What do we do with Ruffino now?
    Ronny will be protected by the Supervisor and the band of idiots sitting up on the board, along with the Town Attorney, but people new to meetings have to speak up and out, about the $8,000,000.00 for a no plan station. When and if they come up with a plan ( which I doubt ).
    This Board member and others have con and B.S. the residents and it's time to confront them loud and clear. I don't feel they are telling the truth (that's a oxymoron), and only after they have a plan should the MONIES be bonded and only then!!!!!!!. Reading the Bee letters to the editor last week show a pictured of deception for the last seven years (7) and yes a police station should have been built, but not at this site and this was just another good old boy deal that the taxpayers of Lancaster will be paying for the next 20 to 25 years, for a half a building.
    One only has to look at the studies from 2003 or 2004 and see 65,000 sq. feet compare to 25,000 sq. feet and same price. See you at meeting on 2-22-10 at 8:00 PM come early and get a good seat up front and watch their lips move and great eye contact.

I can see why you have over 8,000 posting, spelling out works of wisdom and substance!!!!!!!!! Hope to see you at the Town Board meeting on Monday 2-22,2010
    Just answer the question
    Were you or weren't you?
    ..and also Have you seen Mildred Pierce?

..and finally, Who asked you?

Steveno I HOPE YOUR LIFE IS AS STUPID AS YOU POSTINGS

Just answer the question
    Were you or weren't you?
    ..and also Have you seen Mildred Pierce?

..and finally, Who asked you?
    (1) NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS
    (2) YES YOU ARE CONFUSED !!!!!
    (3) NO ONE ASKED ME BUT, YOU????? not worth my time or effort but this is not for jokers and fools and I will let you figure that out!!!!!!!!!

(1) NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS
    (2) YES YOU ARE CONFUSED !!!!!
    (3) NO ONE ASKED ME BUT, YOU????? not worth my time or effort but this is not for jokers and fools and I will let you figure that out!!!!!!!!!

How's the anger working out?

I don't wish anything bad on you like you wish my life was stupid.

I win.

Cool No gun and roses at town board meeting !

How's the anger working out?

I don't wish anything bad on you like you wish my life was stupid.

I win.
    Well the Town Board meeting has come and gone and two days later nothing on the site Town wins and residents lose again and that's the way it is. No one came and shared their concerns and Giza and Ruffino laugh all the way to elections. The Town residents have no B*ll's to support the gagflies that go to the meeting. In talking to my neighbor, only one person asked anything about the police station, and Ruffino was low key with limited answers. Thanks Mr. Beutler and hope the rest of you guys that watchout for the ball-less taxpayers.

Well the Town Board meeting has come and gone and two days later nothing on the site Town wins and residents lose again and that's the way it is. No one came and shared their concerns and Giza and Ruffino laugh all the way to elections. The Town residents have no B*ll's to support the gagflies that go to the meeting. In talking to my neighbor, only one person asked anything about the police station, and Ruffino was low key with limited answers. Thanks Mr. Beutler and hope the rest of you guys that watchout for the ball-less taxpayers.
    That raises a very valid point.
    Does the fact that hardly no one speaks out at the meetings mean that people are, largely, OK with things?
    Or does it mean that they're lazy and uneducated on the facts?

Don't worry hawk, it's coming....be patient......

What kind of questions were asked?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information