Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruffino's Response in the Bee

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    OK - what did he say that was not factual in this sentence?

"We were elected to make decisions that are in the best interest of all Lancaster's residents, not just the handful that show up meeting after meeting voicing their opposition to nearly every decision we make."
    As I stated numerous times in the past, at least 98% of what the Town Board proposes in its resolutions goes unquestioned or unchallenged. Ergo, he speaks with forked tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by awholenewworld View Post
    Governence and decision making by Gadfly opinion is not good governence
    The residents who appear before the Town Board from all parts of town either bringing issues to light or rendering opinion on town decisions, as is their constitutional right, have no jurisdiction in governance. The Town Board has the final say in decision making.

And, considering the board continues to rezone rezones for developers, continues to approve site plan resolutions that allows the destruction/filling in of value and functional wetlands that creates flooding and drainage issues for others, will spend $8 million to renovate a 50 year old building, works with the airport to get them federal and state grants to expand an airport that negatively impacts the community, approved the Wal-Mart project saying everyone wanted the project when twice as many petitions were entered against the project, roads are overburdened yet building continues, residents should just shut up and suck it up, right?

Just give them our tax dollars and shut up, right. Taxpayers are losing their homes and/or making sarifices to keep them and feed their families and the town has $2.3 million to expand their facility. BTW - nobody spoke against that expenditure at Town Board meetings; but they sure do on the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    The residents who appear before the Town Board from all parts of town either bringing issues to light or rendering opinion on town decisions, as is their constitutional right, have no jurisdiction in governance. The Town Board has the final say in decision making.

And, considering the board continues to rezone rezones for developers, continues to approve site plan resolutions that allows the destruction/filling in of value and functional wetlands that creates flooding and drainage issues for others, will spend $8 million to renovate a 50 year old building, works with the airport to get them federal and state grants to expand an airport that negatively impacts the community, approved the Wal-Mart project saying everyone wanted the project when twice as many petitions were entered against the project, roads are overburdened yet building continues, residents should just shut up and suck it up, right?

Just give them our tax dollars and shut up, right. Taxpayers are losing their homes and/or making sarifices to keep them and feed their families and the town has $2.3 million to expand their facility. BTW - nobody spoke against that expenditure at Town Board meetings; but they sure do on the streets.
    Didnt say that residents should just shut up. The quote was about the people who appear at every town board meeting. The Gadfly's. Every town has them.

As to the rest of your post, apparently more residents than you think are happy with the town, otherwise there would be a mass exodus, and or a political revolution. Neither of which are happening.

So yes I stand by my point that decision making based upon Gadfly opinion is bad decision making

BTW how many of those rezoned development sit empty?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    As I stated numerous times in the past, at least 98% of what the Town Board proposes in its resolutions goes unquestioned or unchallenged. Ergo, he speaks with forked tongue.
    I understand that.

And, I also understand, and greatly respect, the fact that it's just you, and a few other people, who bother to question them on issues. I think I've made myself clear on that in the past. (If not, I've just done so.)

Still, I don't see anything that's not factual about his statement.

Are any of you claiming that what he said is not factual?
    I'll answer this question for you, only in my opinion only of course I do not want to speak for others.

Does the follow include pleasing all the residents of Lancaster?

~~Colecraft building at 8 mil ( are you pleased?)
    ~~Airport expansion at 12.8 Mil (are you pleased?)
    ~~Addition on the T.H. at a tune of 2.7 Mil with a fast speed elevator for one floor (are you pleased?)
    ~~Another soccer field I think is 5 mil (are you pleased?)
    ~~Walmart development (are you pleased?)
    ~~Tops on Genesee getting more Tax abatements (are you pleased?)

I know for a fact that I have heard people who do not attend the board meetings object to these plans, and these people have written letters and at times when these projects were posed at the town board meetings that they have objected.

Quote Originally Posted by awholenewworld View Post
    Didnt say that residents should just shut up. The quote was about the people who appear at every town board meeting. The Gadfly's. Every town has them.

As to the rest of your post, apparently more residents than you think are happy with the town, otherwise there would be a mass exodus, and or a political revolution. Neither of which are happening.

So yes I stand by my point that decision making based upon Gadfly opinion is bad decision making

BTW how many of those rezoned development sit empty?
    If there are many residents "happy" with our current town board members, I haven't talked to one. All of my neighbors and/or friends in Lancaster are disgusted and reason they do not waste their time attending meetings. I can understand why since it feels like you are beating your head against the wall at times. Just look at last election numbers where Mr. Ruffino almost lost his seat. If that doesn't send a message, what does? Now all I hear is how some are mad they did not get out in vote. Had they done so, turn out may have been different.

Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post
    If there are many residents "happy" with our current town board members, I haven't talked to one. All of my neighbors and/or friends in Lancaster are disgusted and reason they do not waste their time attending meetings. I can understand why since it feels like you are beating your head against the wall at times. Just look at last election numbers where Mr. Ruffino almost lost his seat. If that doesn't send a message, what does? Now all I hear is how some are mad they did not get out in vote. Had they done so, turn out may have been different.
    I think the republicans need to rally...I was amazed that Ruffino held on by a hair. Only problem is as long as the current people are the majority they will continue to do what they do.

BUT:

1. Most residents "Know" about the police building and most I've talked to don't seem to care or are just not informed about the truth of the building. They would probably change their mind if they knew the "facts", of the inside deals to purchase it...etc....etc...

2. Most residents including myself could care less about the Walmart and most people over the years I have talked to just kept asking "When do you think we'll get it so I don't have to drive to the one in Clarence" Unless of course they also got a HUGE tax break then I'll be pissed......the whole idea is to get some commercial tax base and keep it on the main drags like Transit, Genesee, Walden, etc.... But I don't know much about the project other than it dragged on and a bunch of residents who lived near where it was going up got pissed...which is understandable from their point.

3. Town hall expansion.....I WANT STOCK IN THE COMPANY WHOSE BUILDING IT!!! because their profit margin must be about 400%....No way that should be $2.3 million, elevator or not.....and didn't town hall already have one (an elevator)?

4. Could care less about TOPS on Genesee, it should have been built, but the tax breaks!!!.....Thank You Gorja for the list BTW......HUGE tax breaks and I am sure they could pay more! The amount of a break they have gotten for as long...I'm guessing 13-14 years is ridiculous!

5. Airport.....What is with the airport? If something is going on...PLEASE DON"T CRUCIFY ME....most residents do not know including myself. What is the town doing with the airport?

Just my opinion>

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I think the republicans need to rally...I was amazed that Ruffino held on by a hair. Only problem is as long as the current people are the majority they will continue to do what they do.

BUT:

1. Most residents "Know" about the police building and most I've talked to don't seem to care or are just not informed about the truth of the building. They would probably change their mind if they knew the "facts", of the inside deals to purchase it...etc....etc...

2. Most residents including myself could care less about the Walmart and most people over the years I have talked to just kept asking "When do you think we'll get it so I don't have to drive to the one in Clarence" Unless of course they also got a HUGE tax break then I'll be pissed......the whole idea is to get some commercial tax base and keep it on the main drags like Transit, Genesee, Walden, etc.... But I don't know much about the project other than it dragged on and a bunch of residents who lived near where it was going up got pissed...which is understandable from their point.

3. Town hall expansion.....I WANT STOCK IN THE COMPANY WHOSE BUILDING IT!!! because their profit margin must be about 400%....No way that should be $2.3 million, elevator or not.....and didn't town hall already have one (an elevator)?

4. Could care less about TOPS on Genesee, it should have been built, but the tax breaks!!!.....Thank You Gorja for the list BTW......HUGE tax breaks and I am sure they could pay more! The amount of a break they have gotten for as long...I'm guessing 13-14 years is ridiculous!

5. Airport.....What is with the airport? If something is going on...PLEASE DON"T CRUCIFY ME....most residents do not know including myself. What is the town doing with the airport?

Just my opinion>
    I am not sure where you reside in lancaster but you may want to catch all of Lee's past articles (go to search, Lancaster Airport) regarding this subject. In a nutshell, the town continues to allow airport expansion projects even though there are zoning issues. (You can read more in articles) To make matters worse, they have several IDA breaks as well. Airport would not exist if not for state & federal funds being dumped in to this airport. Bottom line, this airport as stands, is not a good fit for Lancaster but the town refuses to admit to past mistakes. You will get most information required from Lee's articles.

BUT:

Just my opinion>

#5~~I too wonder where you live that the airport eludes you? The airport was able to develop to the magnitude without the entire town resident's input. The magnitude will forever change everyone's quality of life especially people who live near the airport. Also, the resident's too will be paying for or subsidizing this airport and you and I did not agree to footing the bill.

South end of town....Windsor ridge subdivision. I though that the airport was just one of those small private plane strips. I have driven by and noticed the fence and new buildings....I did not know the involvement of the Lancaster Town Government and TAX breaks to essentially a private club.

South end of town....Windsor ridge subdivision. I though that the airport was just one of those small private plane strips. I have driven by and noticed the fence and new buildings....I did not know the involvement of the Lancaster Town Government and TAX breaks to essentially a private club.
    Just wait until Spring and you will notice a LOT of plane activity. It gets VERY disturbing at times. I REALLY miss our quiet nice summer days and evenings. Plane activity will get much worse if further expansion is allowed. Although may residents are against expansion, just as many have no clue.

Are you in the new development? Almost bought there.

Oh you will be shocked to hear that the airport plans on housing more than 100 aircraft. Currently they house oh about 55 craft.

The expansion will go to 5500 feet/ currently is 3200 feet. And it will be considered one of the largest next to Prior which is bigger, but how about that in your backyard?

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I'll answer this question for you, only in my opinion only of course I do not want to speak for others.

Does the follow include pleasing all the residents of Lancaster?

~~Colecraft building at 8 mil ( are you pleased?)
    ~~Airport expansion at 12.8 Mil (are you pleased?)
    ~~Addition on the T.H. at a tune of 2.7 Mil with a fast speed elevator for one floor (are you pleased?)
    ~~Another soccer field I think is 5 mil (are you pleased?)
    ~~Walmart development (are you pleased?)
    ~~Tops on Genesee getting more Tax abatements (are you pleased?)

I know for a fact that I have heard people who do not attend the board meetings object to these plans, and these people have written letters and at times when these projects were posed at the town board meetings that they have objected.
    You did not answer my question one iota. The question had to do with whether or not the TB serves the entire town, of just those who come to the meetings. Bringing up all these issues does not answer my question.

Regardless, I will play along with you, and address your issues. But, when you get a chance, I'd like to see you reciprocate by answering my question.

~~Colecraft building at 8 mil ( are you pleased?) I think the Town dropped the ball a few times on this, and they would be best served to admit it. But, when you get past the political finger-pointing --- my understanding is that they do desperately need a new facility. However, unlike you, and many others, I'm not qualified to know whether or not this is the best way to go.
    ~~Airport expansion at 12.8 Mil (are you pleased?) The expansion itself doesn't bother me. If you ask about the tax breaks, I'll agree with you.
    ~~Addition on the T.H. at a tune of 2.7 Mil with a fast speed elevator for one floor (are you pleased?) I think it was probably a bad decision.
    ~~Another soccer field I think is 5 mil (are you pleased?) I'm fine with that.
    ~~Walmart development (are you pleased?) I'm very pleased with that. I wish it happened years ago.
    ~~Tops on Genesee getting more Tax abatements (are you pleased?) It's not more abatements. You should try to understand the issue better.

You see, shortstuff - I'm able to address issues honestly. The truth is, there's only a handful of people on the Lancaster forums who do the same. Too many of you automatically reject anything, and everything, the TB does.

You did not answer my question one iota. The question had to do with whether or not the TB serves the entire town, of just those who come to the meetings. Bringing up all these issues does not answer my question.

Regardless, I will play along with you, and address your issues. But, when you get a chance, I'd like to see you reciprocate by answering my question.

~~Colecraft building at 8 mil ( are you pleased?) I think the Town dropped the ball a few times on this, and they would be best served to admit it. But, when you get past the political finger-pointing --- my understanding is that they do desperately need a new facility. However, unlike you, and many others, I'm not qualified to know whether or not this is the best way to go.
    ~~Airport expansion at 12.8 Mil (are you pleased?) The expansion itself doesn't bother me. If you ask about the tax breaks, I'll agree with you.
    ~~Addition on the T.H. at a tune of 2.7 Mil with a fast speed elevator for one floor (are you pleased?) I think it was probably a bad decision.
    ~~Another soccer field I think is 5 mil (are you pleased?) I'm fine with that.
    ~~Walmart development (are you pleased?) I'm very pleased with that. I wish it happened years ago.
    ~~Tops on Genesee getting more Tax abatements (are you pleased?) It's not more abatements. You should try to understand the issue better.

You see, shortstuff - I'm able to address issues honestly. The truth is, there's only a handful of people on the Lancaster forums who do the same. Too many of you automatically reject anything, and everything, the TB does.
    TheRising....I think you and I might just get along here....even though I think the current TB would be sitting the bench in the NFL for the fumbles...LOL!

Point of interest - well to me at-least!

Originally Posted by Rooster

That new fence you saw at the Lancaster Air Strip! That was also purchased with Fed Tax Dollars - a neighbor of the Air Strip contracted it.

Guess how much we(tax payers) paid for that fence?
    $700,000.00
    and lets not forget the bargain price of $980,000.00 Fed Tax Dollars for what 10-11 acres of land.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information