Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Zoning Board of Appeals job posting (Lancaster website)

Will newly elected Legislator Bruso request to be considered for another term on the ZBA when his term expires on December 31st? Will we have TWO open positions on that board?

Will John Abraham be appointed to that board as a member or perhaps chairman?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Will newly elected Legislator Bruso request to be considered for another term on the ZBA when his term expires on December 31st? Will we have TWO open positions on that board?

Some people are saying that Bruso has to resign from the ZBA now that he is a County Legislator. I have to ask why when Terry McCracken served as Legislator and Town Director of Parks, Buildings, etc. Frank Broughton could you weigh in here regarding waiver?

Abraham is more than qualified to be appointed to the ZBA. He would be a better fit on the Planning Board with his zoning and environmental experience. Ah, but who the Town Board appoints according to their quality standards and patronage needs is another story – aka Bob Thill.

I believe he would have to resign. With two seats up for grabs, I can assure you that Abraham would want to be on that seat, and he can continue to be Deputy Supervisor. Then Johanna steps down and he takes over. People, do you really believe that he is done in politics? Nah...

So lets see - If Mr.Abraham is slid over to take Mrs (Double Dip) Coleman's place - then he would be the next inline for "Double Dipping" on tax funded pensions.

So he gets a stipend for being Deputy Supervisor(calculated into his Town retirement numbers) - then he slides over into the Supervisor spot.
    So like Stempniak and Coleman - he too can then combine benefits and collect full tax funded paycheck and tax funded retirement ! Plus school teacher pension and benefits = SLICK!

Man these people just keep milking the tax payers !

Nothin ever changes much in Lancaster Town Government. Blame the budget on cost of services/employees and benefits - while elected officials cash out tax free big time.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

shortstuff;1765187]I believe he would have to resign.
    Seriously, why would he 'have' to resign when McCracken didn't have to? And here we are talking about a ZBA position which has no input/impact on government administration.

With two seats up for grabs, I can assure you that Abraham would want to be on that seat, and he can continue to be Deputy Supervisor. Then Johanna steps down and he takes over. People, do you really believe that he is done in politics? Nah...
    Very perceptive - spot on!
    Last edited by Lee Chowaniec; November 29th, 2017 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Seriously, why would he 'have' to resign when McCracken didn't have to? And here we are talking about a ZBA position which has no input/impact on government administration.

This will be very interesting to watch. You also have to wonder if they decide not to reappoint Rebecca Anderson on the planning board and slip Abraham in that spot instead and have him chair that board.

Georgia L Schlager

This will be very interesting to watch. You also have to wonder if they decide not to reappoint Rebecca Anderson on the planning board and slip Abraham in that spot instead and have him chair that board.
    That would be a huge mistake -IMHO. As a DEC rep Becky adds a lot environmental knowledge to the PB and asks pertinent questions of project sponsors.

Neil Connelly is a stable force as Chair and is well respected by petitioners as well as his colleagues.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    So lets see - If Mr.Abraham is slid over to take Mrs (Double Dip) Coleman's place - then he would be the next inline for "Double Dipping" on tax funded pensions.

So he gets a stipend for being Deputy Supervisor(calculated into his Town retirement numbers) - then he slides over into the Supervisor spot.
    So like Stempniak and Coleman - he too can then combine benefits and collect full tax funded paycheck and tax funded retirement ! Plus school teacher pension and benefits = SLICK!

Man these people just keep milking the tax payers !

Nothin ever changes much in Lancaster Town Government. Blame the budget on cost of services/employees and benefits - while elected officials cash out tax free big time.
    They learned from the experts.....

Abrahams are not done yet, it took years to get to this point, these small failures are just hiccups in the road.

Ah, you are a wise man Lee, you are right about McKracken.......

That would be a huge mistake -IMHO. As a DEC rep Becky adds a lot environmental knowledge to the PB and asks pertinent questions of project sponsors.

Neil Connelly is a stable force as Chair and is well respected by petitioners as well as his colleagues.
    Yup, spot on here Lee, Anderson has the expertise to be right where she is at. I understand they favor her so....Neil, excellent Chair and is a practical and rational person. As for the two seats on the ZBA, Abraham and Lemaster, that is my pick.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Yup, spot on here Lee, Anderson has the expertise to be right where she is at. I understand they favor her so....Neil, excellent Chair and is a practical and rational person. As for the two seats on the ZBA, Abraham and Lemaster, that is my pick.
    I hope so.

Georgia L Schlager

777. John Mikoley to Town Board –
    Letter expressing interest in filling the vacancy on the Town of Lancaster Zoning
    Board of Appeals. Disposition –

Georgia L Schlager

777. John Mikoley to Town Board –
    Letter expressing interest in filling the vacancy on the Town of Lancaster Zoning
    Board of Appeals. Disposition –
    Was his resume attached?

Quote Originally Posted by DebLemaster View Post
    Was his resume attached?
    His letter in the communications stated that his resume was attached but I found no resume following his letter.
    His letter stated that for the last 17 years he was a real estate broker for Cushman Wakefield/Pyramid Brokerage Company. Prior to that, he worked in real estate related positions in the banking field.
    He has lived in Lancaster since 2000. He has served on the Village of Lancaster Community Development Corporation for over 10 years.
    Prior to that, he had served as a board member and chair of the Lancaster Family YMCA and as Vice chair of the Lancaster area Chamber of Commerce.

I know I'll get bashed for this but it's my opinion
    The town ZBA position concerns zoning in the town outside of the village. This applicant is a resident of the village which has its own ZBA for the area where he resides. I feel the Town of Lancaster ZBA candidate should be a resident of the town outside of the villages which is the area of concern for this ZBA.

Georgia L Schlager

I noticed when the board goes over the dispositions of the communications near the end of the meeting that Mr Mikoley's letter disposition was 'under consideration'.

When the supervisor stated the disposition of Mrs Lemaster's letter of consideration, it was just 'received and filed'

Yet, at one time, the board made it appear that they were just waiting for more letters to be considered and the reality is the first letter wasn't under consideration at all.

Georgia L Schlager

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information