Thread: NationaL Grid Home Energy Report is BOGUS

Thumbs down NationaL Grid Home Energy Report is BOGUS

So today I got my home engery report from national grid

I ALWAYS use far more than my neighbors, according to the report, I use 46% more electricity than my neighbors... which I find to be odd...

I live alone. I cook outside on my charcoal grill when ever I can, I dont own a microwave. I use a keurig for coffee... I hang my clothes to dry and have been since last fall when my electric dryer died. Granted I have electric hot water. I use oil for heat. I dont ever watch tv, aside from using 3 32" energy star rated tv's on my puter... which goes to 'sleep' after 30minutes of inactivity...

I dont have central air, and none of my windows are 'window ac' compatible...

oh and I changed ALL my lights over to LED...

Yet I use more electricity than my neighbor across the street that has 2 teen age girls, and a wife?

hell I dont even have a full size fridge.... that died, and the new one from my old one died, so i bought an energy star mini fridge, since I dont need a full size fridge...

so like WTF?!

I am seriously calling bull**** on their so called 'reports'
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Is the electric hot water tank Old? It could be sucking a lot of juice

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    Is the electric hot water tank Old? It could be sucking a lot of juice
    You need to login online and click the "tell us about your home" link on the report page. Adjusting your settings will help. Also, if you live near any apartments, those are included as neighbors. There is a link for that as well near the bottom.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2017-07-07 08.32.49.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	4706

FMD, my "report" shows the same thing. My response...who gives a ****!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    FMD, my "report" shows the same thing. My response...who gives a ****!
    At least you are to the point

Because sooner or later, they will want to 'charge more' to those that 'use more' electricity at a higher rate than those who are more 'efficient'

Think about it, why would NG waste their money to put together these little charts and mail them to thousands of people? Its a loss for them. Customer Service? Please, dont make me laugh.

The more energy you use the more money they make, so why would they push or try to guilt you into using less? Unless there is an end game plan, and that could be to charge those that use more a tax... kinda like the carbon tax scheme...
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

FMD, they are charging more because I'm "using" more. And your utility bill is taxed up the yingyang already. I don't remember getting these stupid "updates" until recently. My guess is this is some relic from the BO administration to push people in the direction of solar energy so he could continue to give away taxpayer money to line the pockets of contributors like Elon Musk and those thieves at Solyndra.

National Grid Report

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    FMD, they are charging more because I'm "using" more. And your utility bill is taxed up the yingyang already. I don't remember getting these stupid "updates" until recently. My guess is this is some relic from the BO administration to push people in the direction of solar energy so he could continue to give away taxpayer money to line the pockets of contributors like Elon Musk and those thieves at Solyndra.
    My report states I use too much electricity also. I think we are being condition for a huge increase in our electric bill.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Thread Information