Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for change

Time for change

Couldn’t the board members who dislike and have personal differences with each other set their dislike and personal differences aside for the good of the town in lieu of their gotchya moments used as their individual ego boosters?

Opposing projects or resolutions on merit is good for the town as Councilman Ruffino did on Monday night regarding wasteful spending for an appraisal and unclear perimeters of a dog control officer contract. Opposing a project due to a personal vendetta is immature, wasteful and is only hurting the town they are here to serve.

Could they please bury the hatchet and let it go? Remember, there is no ‘I’ in team. We need a good team to carry out this town’s game plan.

Do it before it's too late.

We certainly don't want to end up with this.

Georgia L Schlager

You may have posted it before and I missed it, but what's your issue with Dickman?

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    You may have posted it before and I missed it, but what's your issue with Dickman?
    Using village equipment for personal use.

Georgia L Schlager

Thats kind of petty if you ask me... it has nothing to do with his ability to be a councilman

To me, it seems that demonstrates his mindset to be unethical.

From the Village of Lancaster code -

Chapter 14-3 Standards of Conduct
    Every officer or employee of the Village of Lancaster shall be subject to and abide by the following standards of conduct:

I. Use of Village property. He shall not use or permit the use of Village vehicles, equipment, materials, or property for the convenience or profit of himself or any other person.

Georgia L Schlager

Was it definitely a village vehicle? The post doesnt say. Also the crew chief might have made exceptions for that storm that we dont know about.

Was it definitely a village vehicle? The post doesnt say. Also the crew chief might have made exceptions for that storm that we dont know about.
    I honestly don't know who owned the machine. All I know is that he drove it down the street cleared his driveway and didn't touch the street.

Georgia L Schlager

If its not known if it was even a village vehicle then how can you hold it against him?

If its not known if it was even a village vehicle then how can you hold it against him?
    Just because I do doesn't mean everyone has to. It could have been a vehicle loaned to the village for the clean up. He had the vehicle and didn't touch the street. What do DPW workers do to clean up after a snowstorm? Snow removal of streets??????

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Using village equipment for personal use.

gorja,

When looking into your inaccurate claim here, this was during a storm where he had to clear himself out first. I do not have a problem with this. Danny had to clear himself out too. Are you going after Danny then?

Adam will make an excellent councilmen. He has the fresh innovative ideas and is willing to work with everyone. He is well liked across the isle.

[QUOTE=gorja;1731500]Couldn’t the board members who dislike and have personal differences with each other set their dislike and personal differences aside for the good of the town in lieu of their gotchya moments used as their individual ego boosters?

Opposing projects or resolutions on merit is good for the town as Councilman Ruffino did on Monday night regarding wasteful spending for an appraisal and unclear perimeters of a dog control officer contract. Opposing a project due to a personal vendetta is immature, wasteful and is only hurting the town they are here to serve.

Could they please bury the hatchet and let it go? Remember, there is no ‘I’ in team. We need a good team to carry out this town’s game plan.

[/QUOTE

I find it important that they give each other checks and balances. I also find it important that a debate of the issues are present. It allows the public to take notice.

[QUOTE=shortstuff;1732240]
    Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Couldn’t the board members who dislike and have personal differences with each other set their dislike and personal differences aside for the good of the town in lieu of their gotchya moments used as their individual ego boosters?

[/QUOTE

I find it important that they give each other checks and balances. I also find it important that a debate of the issues are present. It allows the public to take notice.
    At this point, on the board, there is no more automatic 5-0 decisions. There are 3 Democrats, 1 Conservative and 1 Blank and the 3 Dems aren't always aligned.

Georgia L Schlager

Originally posted by shortstuff:
    When looking into your inaccurate claim here, this was during a storm where he had to clear himself out first.
    He came back to his home to clear himself out, not cleared himself out first.
    If someone from the village had come to clear the street out so he could get to work is one thing. It didn't happen that way.
    All he thought of was himself not the people he worked for.
    Last edited by gorja; July 10th, 2017 at 01:34 PM.

Georgia L Schlager

Why not post any of the judgements, Liens, bankruptcy, or police reports on the candidates you endorse or like ? You beat up on Giza, Brainard, and Dawn . Why do your favorites get a pass ? Omission or are you slipping??? What did they do to earn your forgiveness?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Sojka View Post
    Why not post any of the judgements, Liens, bankruptcy, or police reports on the candidates you endorse or like ? You beat up on Giza, Brainard, and Dawn . Why do your favorites get a pass ? Omission or are you slipping??? What did they do to earn your forgiveness?
    I'll leave that up to you Greg
    I'm finished on this thread
    Bye bye
    Have a GREAT day

Georgia L Schlager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information